The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-24-2021, 06:31 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

How come humans don't get sick from going to the sewers?

Especially April and the Rat King who spend a lot of time down there. Have they developed extremely strong immune systems or something? The Rat King lives surrounded by filthy rats. Imagine all the contamination in his lair.

...someone had to ask this someday. You know that.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:34 PM   #2
Leo656
The Franchise

George Carlin had a theory that native New Yorkers have MUCH stronger immune systems than other people, partly because "back in his day" a lot of kids spent a lot of time swimming in the Hudson River.

"Nobody got sick. Nobody died. Our immune systems are strong and get a lot of practice, because we were tempered in raw sh*t!"

It's as good a theory as any, I figure.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:39 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
George Carlin had a theory that native New Yorkers have MUCH stronger immune systems than other people, partly because "back in his day" a lot of kids spent a lot of time swimming in the Hudson River.

"Nobody got sick. Nobody died. Our immune systems are strong and get a lot of practice, because we were tempered in raw sh*t!"

It's as good a theory as any, I figure.
If George Csrlin says it, who am I to say otherwise.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:04 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

Well for what it's worth, most sewers in real life aren't much like what is depicted in fiction. Generally speaking, the tunnels mainly just exist for the purpose maintenance work, the actual sewage is typically contained within pipes. It's more like a basement than an underground river. There are exceptions to this, the London sewers are so old the sewage is transported by brick tunnels rather than pipes, but I'm not sure New York is one of these exceptions.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:26 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Well, remember... it's a drainage sewer. Not a turd and pee sewer.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:50 AM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

A little parody video I put together years ago on the subject:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dxjwu...g_Ep8.wmv/file

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:16 PM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

What if the Rat King dies right after his final appearance in Wrath of the Rat King.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:09 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
What if the Rat King dies right after his final appearance in Wrath of the Rat King.
He had dysentery the entire time and we never knew it...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:47 AM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Not sure about April, Irma and Vernon, but I would say the Rat King just somehow became immune after all those years.

Same reason Splinter and the Turtles somehow just got immune. They're no different, they're still humanoid creatures that can catch colds and flus like the rest of us.

Honestly, if we really get down to it, I'd imagine the gang would just stay in the sewers under quarantine and tell April not to visit til they're better cause 'in real life' they would have accidentally spread a mutant turtle flu or something.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:16 AM   #10
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It is the turtles that spread this new flu that sicne 2020 has caused chaos in the world! This is why it is spreading so fast compared to normal flu that we had until then. It is because it begun from mutant animals like the turtles!
Old 11-28-2021, 11:24 AM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I guess same way humans who work in those same parts of the sewers would not die of it.

Rat King would probably eventually die of some nasty infection he wouldn't get treatment for. I'd be more afraid of that also happening to Turtles who don't even wear shoes and have no access to healthcare than to visiting human friends.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:42 AM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It is the turtles that spread this new flu that sicne 2020 has caused chaos in the world! This is why it is spreading so fast compared to normal flu that we had until then. It is because it begun from mutant animals like the turtles!
See? Shredder was the good guy all along. He was trying to save the world from an eventual mutant flu outbreak. THAT'S why he was always trying to kill the turtles.

All the maniacal laughing and cape wearing was just because he was being theatrical.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:47 AM   #13
IMJ
Emperor

You'd probably have respiratory problems from moisture and mold from constantly being in a water relocation sewer as opposed to an invasion of bacteria and viruses from a waste treatment sewer.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #14
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
See? Shredder was the good guy all along. He was trying to save the world from an eventual mutant flu outbreak. THAT'S why he was always trying to kill the turtles.

All the maniacal laughing and cape wearing was just because he was being theatrical.
You all know iam good. While i also have some mutants in my ninja army(Rocksteady Bebop Tiger claw Xever and Chris Bradfoed) i care for them. They live with me the same way they lived when they were humans not like animals in the sewers like the turtles do. After one year and half that we live this crazynes with lockdowns, vaccinations, e.t.c did no one of you ever thinkg that this started from mutant animals like the turtles? It is not from snakes or bats like many scinetists are say. It is from mutant turtles. You are right yes i dont try to kill the turtles only to conquer the world but what i try to do all those year is to prevent something like this from happening .
Old 12-27-2021, 07:30 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Not sure about April, Irma and Vernon, but I would say the Rat King just somehow became immune after all those years.

Same reason Splinter and the Turtles somehow just got immune. They're no different, they're still humanoid creatures that can catch colds and flus like the rest of us.

Honestly, if we really get down to it, I'd imagine the gang would just stay in the sewers under quarantine and tell April not to visit til they're better cause 'in real life' they would have accidentally spread a mutant turtle flu or something.
In the Metalhead episode, the Turtles were sick with an illness that only affects mutant turtles
Old 01-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #16
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well as was pointed out, they don't live in a sewer perse but a rain drainage system and in the case of "Secret of the ooze", "The next mutation" and the 2012 series: an abandoned subway station.

No stinky mess there.

Which makes the scenes in which the turtles DO end up in a real piss and poop sewer even funnier.