The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 10:01 PM   #61
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
You know its times like these that I wish Marvel would make deal with Capcom and just make a fighter thats entirely of Marvel heroes because, this roster is just shameful.
YES.
I've been longing for a sequel to Marvel Super Heroes for years. With the original roster and every other Marvel character they've used (plus some more) they could make an awesome game!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #62
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm hoping this is just the list of who will be shown at an event, like E3 or D23 or something... or just altogether fake. Not only is it a smaller roster than MvC3's vanilla pre-DLC roster... it's very underwhelming. A mild surprise in Jedah on the Capcom side but nothing interesting outside of that.

They still had the rights during MvC3's release and X-Men characters were there.
Exactly, the games shouldn't have anything to do with the movies. They have no problems with putting X-Men characters in the current mobile games.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #63
chrisdude
Foot Elite

MvC3 was a long time ago. The Avengers hadn't even come out yet.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:24 PM   #64
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It's still kinda dumb how mobile games can use whoever they want but Capcom can't.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #65
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
6 years isn't THAT long but I do see your point
Old 06-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #66
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
As Ninjinister said though, the X-Men were still under Fox's control, yet Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix, Magneto, X-23 and a Sentinel were all playable. Deadpool also, but I count him now as independent despite having ties to the X-Men.

Wolverine has been in every one of these games since the start if you count that X-Men only fighting game. It doesn't make sense personally.

I just hope this isn't the real roster. There was the leak I showed a while back, but who knows?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #67
Ninjinister
無問題

There was also this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
According to whom? Certainly not Marvel.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #68
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
As Ninjinister said though, the X-Men were still under Fox's control, yet Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix, Magneto, X-23 and a Sentinel were all playable. Deadpool also, but I count him now as independent despite having ties to the X-Men.

Wolverine has been in every one of these games since the start if you count that X-Men only fighting game. It doesn't make sense personally.

I just hope this isn't the real roster. There was the leak I showed a while back, but who knows?
Yes, fox had X-Men movie rights. I'm just saying that, back then, they weren't really concurrent, competing movie franchises. Fast forward to now, and people are always accusing Marvel of crapping on X-Men.

It's certainly no coincidence, and it's not because they're just dumb, and don't think we want X-Men. Maybe the roster leak is fake. But, in my opinion, they've revealed enough characters to have gotten around to an X-Man if they had them.

I also kind of like the theory of X-Men being DLC. Not because I think it's likely, but because it's one of the few ways Capcom could outdo themselves in milking fighting games for every possible penny.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:56 PM   #69
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So no X-Men at all. Pretty funny and sad. The whole beginning of the Capcom/Marvel stuff began with "X-Men vs. Street Fighter" in 1996. That was the start. Now the X-Men aren't even allowed to be in it at all, lol... this new game shouldn't even exist, or it should be called something else entirely.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #70
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So no X-Men at all. Pretty funny and sad. The whole beginning of the Capcom/Marvel stuff began with "X-Men vs. Street Fighter" in 1996. That was the start. Now the X-Men aren't even allowed to be in it at all, lol... this new game shouldn't even exist, or it should be called something else entirely.
Although technically the series started in 1994, with X-Men Children of the Atom. And that makes it even worse.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:42 PM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Although technically the series started in 1994, with X-Men Children of the Atom. And that makes it even worse.
That was Capcom? I never realized that was Capcom.

Maybe the plan is to save the X-Men for downloadable content later, after the initial sales are in. As a compromise. Saving all the X-Men for a big add-on later seems very much the very dated, 1990s Capcom business model.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #72
The Deadman
Foot Elite

That's why if I want to play just an all MARVEL fighting game that isnt tied to mobile, I play MUGEN.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #73
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That was Capcom? I never realized that was Capcom.

Maybe the plan is to save the X-Men for downloadable content later, after the initial sales are in. As a compromise. Saving all the X-Men for a big add-on later seems very much the very dated, 1990s Capcom business model.
You didn't recognize the same character sprites from Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, etc from X-Men COTA and X-Men vs Street Fighter?

Also with how lackluster the roster is, I wouldn't be surprised if the X-Men dlc will just be wolverine, storm, magneto, etc and not be anyone new or at least not already seen in UMVC3....

Old 06-19-2017, 10:32 PM   #74
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You didn't recognize the same character sprites from Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, etc from X-Men COTA and X-Men vs Street Fighter?
It's been eons.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #75
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Rumors say some characters might be.... on-disc DLC.... if that's true, didn't they learn from the backlash from SF X Tekken?

Old 06-27-2017, 02:51 PM   #76
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Idiot Producer's excuse for no X-men is fans don't remembers the X-men
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/...orgotten-them/

“We talked with Marvel very closely about their future roadmap, about what's gonna be happening. Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther. You know what I mean? Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie. We're trying to take everything into account and choose the best characters.”
Old 06-27-2017, 04:39 PM   #77
chrisdude
Foot Elite

What a load. They talked to Marvel, alright...
Old 06-27-2017, 10:14 PM   #78
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

What an idiot. His blatant lies fool no one.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:57 AM   #79
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I was looking forward to MvC 4, now I don't even care enough to buy it. No X-men, MCU shoved down your throats, 2v2 and poor graphics. I found the demo boring. They sucked the life out of my favourite fighter series.

I just wish they added Megaman X and jedah as DLC to MVC 3, which was actually a good game and well presented.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:35 AM   #80
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Considering Wolverine has been found in several Marvel cartoons since UMVC3 and the X-Men films, how the hell is anyone supposed to "forget" him?

Blatant covering up of the X-Men not appearing or trying to keep them in secret for DLC. Stupid as all hell.