The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 03:19 AM   #101
neatoman
Emperor

Again, PM me if anyone has a link.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:23 AM   #102
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
"I love you, brother."

Holy crap that hit me about as hard as Splinter's death.
I really liked that part. It was a nice mirror to when Leo told Raph he loved him in Riddle of the Ancient Aeons. It was nice how it came full circle.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:27 AM   #103
newfan
Mad Scientist

So I'm gathering that this show has ended with our turtles being old and double mutated, living in a destroyed earth with no humans after failing to stop an explosion. Also Leo being an enemy for however many years. Then finally not a word about April, Casey and Karai. ... I presume dead (Casey we know for sure) because April wouldn't mutate and if Karai did, she wasn't in it so I presume she died too.
........ lost for words other than what a shame to do that to them.

End times should have been the end (but a bit extended)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:38 AM   #104
neatoman
Emperor

Is there any sort of implication this is set in an alternate timeline or "possible future" rather than the set in stone destiny?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:44 AM   #105
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Is there any sort of implication this is set in an alternate timeline or "possible future" rather than the set in stone destiny?
There was no indication that it was an alternate timeline.

I have to say, I'm not too keen on this being the finale. It just seemed a bit awkward.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:49 AM   #106
JH24
Hench Mutant

They probably just leave this for the viewer to decide. Some will like a darker ending. Others will like an ending with the turtles saving the Earth from the Apocalypse and having a future together with their friends. Two timelines with very different paths.

Last edited by JH24; 09-23-2017 at 04:56 AM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:49 AM   #107
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There was no indication that it was an alternate timeline.

I have to say, I'm not too keen on this being the finale. It just seemed a bit awkward.
So I'm guessing no hope at all with any change, it's happened at that's it.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:49 AM   #108
asfaloth12
Thug

So, I'm viewing this as an AU ending, more of a "what would have happened if they had not ultimately defeated the Krang" sort of thing. From what I'm seeing (the video wasn't super high quality, so maybe I missed something)it doesn't seem to fit with canon (i.e., what about Renet). There are a few posts on Tumblr talking about this, that I thought were pretty good. It just doesn't fit for me. It felt... detached... from the main storyline; I don't know how to better explain it.
Somebody, either here or on Tumblr, said they viewed Owari as the finale of the main storyline, with the Kavaxas arc as the epilogue. I really like that way of looking at it. And all of the other arcs as the icing on the cake (except for the apocalyptic arc; that one can go fly a kite)
Old 09-23-2017, 05:06 AM   #109
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
So I'm guessing no hope at all with any change, it's happened at that's it.
Not really, no. I just felt it was weird having them look so very different than what we're used to. I mean there is a special part at the end with them all together but it just reminds you of a more innocent, better time long gone which in a sense can feel a bit sad.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:22 AM   #110
ToTheNines
[sic]

Talking

Just so y'all know, Nickelodeon has the finale up on their On Demand channel for Comcast/Xfinity, no Nicktoons subscription required. I'd assume Dish, DirectTV and others are following suit.

I'm gonna have to watch later. Not ready for it to all be over quite yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfaloth12 View Post
Somebody, either here or on Tumblr, said they viewed Owari as the finale of the main storyline, with the Kavaxas arc as the epilogue. I really like that way of looking at it. And all of the other arcs as the icing on the cake (except for the apocalyptic arc; that one can go fly a kite)
'Twas me. I'd also throw in Lone Rat and Cubs as part of what I see as the epilogue. A flashback to Splinter flows quite nicely with the narrative of everyone getting to say their final goodbyes to him at the end of End Times.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:48 AM   #111
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

A lot of science fiction have many possible timelines.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:52 AM   #112
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Only Lone rat and cubs, Kavaxas Arc, When Worlds Collide and the Crossover Arc gave information or contributed something to the story: the fate of the foot clan and Shredder's henchmen; Newtralizer (which was one of the pending issues of this show) and Dregg's fate; Mona Lisa becoming part of the mutanimals; Bebop and Rocksteady's fate, and the origin of the turtles.

But the monster arc, usagi arc and Mad Raph Arc? You really can tell that they did not contribute anything. They were only Tales.

I now understand why Nickelodeon wants to finish the show on TV with the Crossover Arc. It is a cool way to finish a tmnt show, with their old counterparts. And Bebop and Rocksteady totally rule in that arc.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:03 AM   #113
NikitaZhukov
Thug

Well, my favorite show in history just ended on some deep storyline. It felt a little rushed at the end though. I really wish the evil Leo thing lasted longer and would've been revealed at the beginning of the arc, not 6 minutes or so before the end. It's a shame that Nickelodeon totally dropped the show and aired THE FINALE on freaking NickToons which isn't even able for everyone.

To me, the ending was good, but could've been much better. Who would've thought that the cartoon with such bright beginning would have the darkest TMNT ending ever. Let's see what the next show brings to us.
NikitaZhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:09 AM   #114
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaZhukov View Post
Who would've thought that the cartoon with such bright beginning would have the darkest TMNT ending ever.
*darkest TMNT ending in a cartoon

Mirage's turtles have a far more depressing end.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:13 AM   #115
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Just so y'all know, Nickelodeon has the finale up on their On Demand channel for Comcast/Xfinity, no Nicktoons subscription required. I'd assume Dish, DirectTV and others are following suit.

I'm gonna have to watch later. Not ready for it to all be over quite yet.

'Twas me. I'd also throw in Lone Rat and Cubs as part of what I see as the epilogue. A flashback to Splinter flows quite nicely with the narrative of everyone getting to say their final goodbyes to him at the end of End Times.
I can't find it, I went to the Nickelodeon section, and there's no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles listed.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:15 AM   #116
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I can't find it, I went to the Nickelodeon section, and there's no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles listed.
Go to Nickelodeon. Go to the "series" category. Then go to "Tales of the TMNT". It's a couple slots past regular TMNT.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:21 AM   #117
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Wow! What a finale! I also predicted Leo would be a villain and I'm glad they went that route even if it was rushed. Raph saying, "I love you, brother" was a great callback to when Leo snapped Raph out of it in Riddle of the Ancient Aeons as someone else said before. Loved Mikey, Donnie, and Raph in this and really liked Meera too. The fight scenes were great and so was the setting. Most would view the ending as sad, but I see it as that they found peace and eventually rejoined Splinter (though not at that precise moment though others could take it that way if they want to). Although it isn't stated that this is a possible future and that this is what happened, we can still act like it's an alternated timeline and that maybe they prevented this. Still wish we would have seen Renet or Fugitoid at the end, but I do agree that this resolution is a great send-off to the show as a whole.

Very well done. Now, all some of us have to do is see the monster arc and this show is finished! Been a great run, TMNT. Thanks for giving us five years of an awesome show.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.

Last edited by BubblyShell22; 09-23-2017 at 04:16 PM.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:42 AM   #118
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Was there any implication that this is supposed to be an alternate future?

Looks like Chompy is not old enough to fly yet.

Ice Cream Kitty's mutation seems to have also increased the life span. She looks exactly the same as she did 50 years ago.

Where did Leo get the idea of the name "Maximas Khan"

Who else views Cyborg Donnie as Raph's caretaker? Or is it the other way around?

I think Donnie got the idea of dumping his brain into Metalhead Mark 2 from Fugitoid.

They never explained who detonated the mutagen bomb. I doubt it's the Kraang, because Kraang Prime is dead.

Would be cooler if Fugitoid, Mutagen Man, and an older version of Karai are in it. The latter would've had something that belonged to Shinigami as some sort of tragic keepsake.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:46 AM   #119
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Go to Nickelodeon. Go to the "series" category. Then go to "Tales of the TMNT". It's a couple slots past regular TMNT.
In my Tivo, it has the Xfinity On Demand App, I go into the Kids Category, then Nickelodeon, and it doesnt show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles nor Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles listed.

The Xfinity On Demand website doesn't show the latest episode either, the web site only shows the most recent episode, which was Lone Rat and Cub.
https://tv.xfinity.com/entity/7943100609741265112

Last edited by TigerClaw; 09-23-2017 at 06:56 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #120
Vicky82
Emperor

I did enjoy it, it had some good moments but it didn't feel like a final for me.

My Concerns

All 4 turtles should be there from the start to finish. I didn’t like the fact that they were separated for a number of years.

They should have mentioned of what happened to April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami, The Mutanimals ect. - Did they die/how they died, did they mutate or double mutate.

There should have been longer flashbacks - Explain who had this mutagen bomb and what happened to New York, the world, the moon, the lair. I also would have liked to see how Donnie got seriously injured and transform his mind into Metalhead. I would of liked to see how Mikey ended up in the middle of the wasteland.

I wasn’t keen on the turtles new looks, but I did like Donnie’s robot design.

So due to these concerns, i’ve decided that this story is non canon and the crossover arc is the final for me.

Things I liked

The fight scenes and vehicle chase scenes were great
Robot Donnie, he was awesome, I laughed when he was charging up.
Ice Cream Kitty is still alive and using a gun to take down enemies.
Chompy, he gotten big.
I started get teary eyed when Raph recognised Leo and trying to get Leo to remember him and when they all hugged each other.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote