The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-26-2019, 02:24 AM   #701
snake
Disgusting

People legit are too stupid to understand the political stuff going on in the prequels. It DOES make sense when you think about it, and it fleshes out the universe immensely. The problem is that the average Star Wars fan eats paint chips on the daily and can’t handle situations that require critical thinking. Example: Palpatine manipulating both sides of the war to put himself into power is apparently too hard of a concept for people to grasp.

There’s problems in the prequels, especially plotwise- but they at least make sense from a logistics standpoint.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #702
sdp
Winsider

What was the reason Kylo turned to the dark side again? Snoke did it? but how? why? Because Luke tried to kill him?

Why did Luke try to Kill Ben in cold blood while he was sleeping again? Just because he was afraid of the power and that'd he'd be a very powerful villain if he didn't stop him then?

There have to be better fan theories or official EU explanations by now right? Are there any? I'm not saying it's not still beyond stupid the decisions they made, I completely agree. Just trying to find the most feasible explanation for all of these things, with all the mental gymnastics people have done so far to justify things there has to be a better reason for those two right?

Dommage Rave & TMNT @ MiscRave.com
Twitter @ 0sdp
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:24 PM   #703
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Lucasfilm's new logo:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...cZhlONj5PVWevE
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #704
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
OK, I bet you'll only ever see that Logo on the Lucasfilms website during june. Doub't it'll actually appear in any movies.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:46 PM   #705
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

pretty.. but it seems they just want to stir the pot some more...
Old 06-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #706
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
pretty.. but it seems they just want to stir the pot some more...
Or they just wanna show support during Pride Month

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:14 AM   #707
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

It's completely normal for companies to celebrate Pride in ways like this. It's been gaining steam in recent years as the importance of social media has grown, and companies feel more inclined to be clear about what they support or don't support.

And why shouldn't they have a Pridified logo, the data clearly shows that LGBT+ people lean towards higher education, so many of us find our way into the ranks of big companies like Lucasfilm where our contributions shine, and so participating in Pride is just one of the ways they show their solidarity and appreciation, not just to those valued employees but to LGBT+ fans, of which there are a great many.

Long-time Lucasfilm employee and SW megafan Steve Sansweet is gay, just to give one prominent example.

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-17-2019 at 03:41 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:16 AM   #708
sdp
Winsider

I thought steve sansweet left lucasfilm many years ago, not a great guy met him back when AOTC came out. This is all clearly a marketing ploy, doesn't really affect much, Disney star wars was ruined by bad decision in the story, not so much by the feminist agenda they were trying to push.

Still excited for this movie, this may very well be the last SWs movie I get this hyped for and see in theaters. It truly is the end of an era. Whether they succeed in making sense of the sequel trilogy, screw it up, or just barely patch up things to sort of make it work. It doesn't matter, it'll still be the end of this saga I've followed my whole life and some since the 70s/80s.

Sure newer movies might get me hyped up if they do things right and under the right hands we might get movies better than the prequel/sequel trilogies that match the original. But the skywalker saga is really going to end and unless we get an old woman Rey story in Episode X continuing the story in 20 years somewhow I just don't see how a story could match the expectations we had before.

Let's see what the second trailer for the movie offers, I guess it should hit sometime in august?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
, the data clearly shows that LGBT+ people lean towards higher education, so many of us find our way into the ranks of big companies like Lucasfilm where our contributions shine,
wait what? what does higher education have to do to finding your way to lucasfilm

Dommage Rave & TMNT @ MiscRave.com
Twitter @ 0sdp
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:52 AM   #709
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

someone at lucasfilm not nice? shocker.

there is a difference between pride and arrogance, right?

un related note. was passing the tv and heard someone say ' we gave all the jobs to women....' pause...realizes interviewer is black and adds 'and people of color'... oh eva longoria...you sounded just like kathleen kennedy looking for trophy claps .
Old 06-17-2019, 07:20 AM   #710
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Oh, some people are of the opinion that Steve is not nice? Well hell, if that's all it takes to write someone off what chance do some of the haters in this thread have? I've listened to many podcast interviews with him, and video interviews, and he seemed nice enough to me.

He was there for 15 years (thus, long-time) rather he's a CURRENT employee is neither here nor there. It doesn't matter, I could list off every known LGBT+ Lucasfilm or Disney employee, past, present (future too probably) and the reactions would be the same.

I'm always excited for new Star Wars, though the first trailer for IX has me the less excited than the previous four film trailers. The Mandalorian, Galaxy's Edge opening, Clone Wars returning, upcoming comics/books, and the other Disney+ shows in development do have my interest as I think Disney-owned Lucasfilm has already given us good things and it looks like a lot more is coming. Not everything is going to be well-received, but Disney will keep throwing money and talent at it until something sticks, because that's how they've had so much success with so many other things.

And nothing arrogant in what I said. It's called adversity. You thrive or die, figuratively as well as literally. Imagine being in a really bad break-up and afterwards you feel lost and broken. You don't know what to do. You see your former SO doing well and it makes you feel even worse. What do you do in this situation? There is only one correct path: work on yourself. Focus on self improvement is the only way forward towards the next thing, because you can't control those other factors in your life that have brought you misery. Now, what if it were not just a breakup, which is a temporary situation, but your entire framework for existence? Then you may begin to imagine how some groups of people deal with it.

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-17-2019 at 07:49 AM. Reason: spelling lol
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #711
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Shill harder
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #712
ToTheNines
[sic]

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:48 PM   #713
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
NINES! I love you, I miss you, and I need you in my life.

Come back to me... all is forgiven!
Old 06-18-2019, 12:14 AM   #714
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
NINES! I love you, I miss you, and I need you in my life.

Come back to me... all is forgiven!
Right? That's my guy.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:37 PM   #715
ToTheNines
[sic]

Fellaaaaaaas. You know I miss the good old days. Im married now, moved into a new house earlier this year, plus my industry is getting totally slammed with work and were chronically short handed.

Ill try to make the cameos more frequent. But in my lurking, its pretty clear the mod situation is still clown town. So well see.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:46 PM   #716
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Fellaaaaaaas. You know I miss the good old days. Im married now, moved into a new house earlier this year, plus my industry is getting totally slammed with work and were chronically short handed.

Ill try to make the cameos more frequent. But in my lurking, its pretty clear the mod situation is still clown town. So well see.
Jester got promoted, thankfully, so it evens things out a little with some sanity .
Old 06-20-2019, 02:33 PM   #717
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Disney ordered to pay reparations to long-time SW fans:

https://babylonbee.com/news/disney-o...6OxaqHxW99wImk
Old 06-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #718
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

yari, yari, such sad baka-s....

didn't realize that there where two onion sites
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #719
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So there's going to be "Sith Troopers."

https://nerdi.st/2SeaZXw

Odd. Neither Snoke or Kylo were Sith... so Palpatine really does come back with a faction? Weird that the Sith itself would directly commingle with a military like that.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #720
Allio
Foot Elite

I forgot, but weren't there force using Troopers before?

Something like Shadow Troopers

Tags
a day inside snake, abrams rides again, cyber-dick, snake vs lucasfilm, snoke the cuck, social justice wars, star cucks, unsatisfying trilogy, vegita-san hates women, vegita-san vs sjw's