The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-27-2019, 09:09 PM   #461
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilithMV View Post
I wonder how many eons it's going to take until TMNT 2018 toys comes to Sweden...

I miss the 1989-1994 days were basically every TMNT toys arrived here. Then again I miss the TMNT toys from those days. Every toy store had them, and tons of them as well. It was usual to see even small stores fill an entire wall with TMNT figues and vehicles.

And now two of the largest toy store chains in Sweden have gone into the grave because the company that own them went bankrupt.
I think the toy shop owners and most employees in America wish the 1990 to mid 1991 days were still with us also. I came across a 1993 Toon Turtles Vernon figure with a red Toys R Us clearance sticker on it online and the flashbacks to the messy Toys R Us aisles of early to mid 1993 came rushing back to my mind. I can clearly see the 1993 Channel Six Newsvan placed all the way below two rows of an action figure line (that is not coming to me now) towards the left end of one action figure aisle. It’s really too bad the Channel Six Newsvan did not come with Vernon over yet another April variant. By that point in 1993, any child that wanted April either had the 1991 blue and orange press suit April, 1992 April the Gutsiest Gal, 1992 April, the Ninja Newscaster, or the 1993 Movie 3 April. There was no shortage of April on shelves from 1991 to 1993.

I like what Playmates Toys did with April for the 2k12 line. There was the basic April, Space Comrade April, and Mystic April. Hopefully, Playmates won’t go overboard with April variants for this 2018 Rise of the TMNT toy line. It’s hard to tell where the Rise of the TMNT toy line is headed since we’re only in the second year for the animated series and toy line that goes with it.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #462
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Spotted Shell Hog Raph at Walmart today.
Found Raph and Don at my local Walmart this morning. Just one of each and the boxes where really smashed up. They received in more of the Leo and Mikey as well, there were 4 each of those. I purchased the smashed up Raph and Don because I think it will be awhile before they sell through the other ones and I didn't want to miss out. I plan to open them anyway.

Still no signs of any battle shells at any of the Targets or Walmarts in my area.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #463
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Do all 4 shell hogs hook up to the tank at the same time, or only 2?
I do see that apparently the 4 hogs hook together but I'm wondering about the tank.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:51 AM   #464
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I think the tank itself only have two connectors, but you could probably get all four hogs on with the connector pieces they come with.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:46 AM   #465
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenwatanabesclone View Post
I messaged them on Facebook. They said figures are still set to ship late January but they will update us as soon as possible.
Only two days left in January. I don't think these are going to make the deadline they gave us. They need to give us a new update.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:32 PM   #466
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Seriously. Can’t believe it’s taking so long.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:41 PM   #467
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

Toy delays are pretty common, so I can believe it.

So what variants do we think are coming next? I would like to see the wrestling outfits, but based on the upcoming Oozesquito figure I'm expecting the Bug Busters suits first.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:48 PM   #468
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Have we seen or heard anything about a foot brute figure? Would love to have him.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:33 PM   #469
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The battle shell figures have a funky extra gimmick. The shells are spring loaded, and you press the head down to release the shell (doesn't work on my Raph though). The negative is that the heads don't have a who,e lot of articulation, feels like there's a balljoint but you don't get much more then just sviwel and slight wiggle.

The yellow Mystery Battle Gear bags are really disappointing. Raph comes with 2 katar (Indian Fist daggers) that we've seen with the 1988 figures, Mikey comes with 2 1988 nunchaku, Leo comes with 2 2012 Kunai and Donnie cones with 2 of 2012 Leo's small knives.

Haven't opened them yet to see the colors. I'd much more prefer getting Don's drone and Leo's powered up ōdachi
Old 01-31-2019, 05:59 PM   #470
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Hah, shows how well I read. I’ve just been prying them open. Didn’t realize there was a gimmick.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:37 PM   #471
andr0s81
Random Punk

Still waiting on the battle shells, but I saw Donnie’s Shell Hog. First new toy in months
andr0s81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:54 AM   #472
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I opened the mystery bags, and the vintage weapons are a much lighter color then the vintage ones have, and the 2012 weapons are a lighter grey then their original counterpart.

I really do not see the point of the Mystery Bags, first it's just a pair of small weapons that are mostly "meh".

And second they don't really fit in their hands, to be fair the other weapons also have issues staying in the Turtles hands since the Turtles are sculpted with almost wide open hands instead of grabbing hands.

And third, they don't really fit inside the shell, the gimmick with the original storage shell figures was that all the extra accessories that wasn't the main weapons where supposed to be inside the shell, and despite the BS Rise figures have larger torsos, their storage part is surprisingly snug and more or less just fits what they already came stuffed inside with.

I also don't see the point of Mikey and Raph have weapon connectors in their belts (Leo do not have that), as Raph's tonfa falls out of his belt connectors and Mikey's is facing the wrong way to display his weapon remotely similar to how he stores it in the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
Hah, shows how well I read. I’ve just been prying them open. Didn’t realize there was a gimmick.
I doesn't say anywhere on the packaging that they have that gimmick, which is odd. I didn't notice it right away since I opened Raph first and his latch to release the shell doesn't move up enough to work. I noticed it on Mikey first as his works the best among the four.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:22 AM   #473
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Only two days left in January. I don't think these are going to make the deadline they gave us. They need to give us a new update.
I agree. I'm royally pissed. I paid for this back in October. They do owe us some sort of explanation but I highly doubt we will get one.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:48 AM   #474
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The battle shell figures have a funky extra gimmick. The shells are spring loaded, and you press the head down to release the shell (doesn't work on my Raph though). The negative is that the heads don't have a who,e lot of articulation, feels like there's a balljoint but you don't get much more then just sviwel and slight wiggle.

The yellow Mystery Battle Gear bags are really disappointing. Raph comes with 2 katar (Indian Fist daggers) that we've seen with the 1988 figures, Mikey comes with 2 1988 nunchaku, Leo comes with 2 2012 Kunai and Donnie cones with 2 of 2012 Leo's small knives.

Haven't opened them yet to see the colors. I'd much more prefer getting Don's drone and Leo's powered up ōdachi
Well that stinks!

I appreciate the in-depth review about the mystery weapons and the spring action shell, so thank you, Candy Kappa!

I have yet to find these, but then again...I wasn't exactly paying attention when I purchased my Albearto figure at Walmart. I was so excited about finding him, I completely forgot about the Battle Shell turtles, lol.

Pretty sure I'll buy just Leo. The Rise figures aren't as "must-own" as the 2012 series figures.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:53 PM   #475
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Could you pop the heads off the Battle Shell figures and put them on original basic figures? Just wondering if that might be a way for people, who like these heads better, to get the articulation back.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #476
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Could you pop the heads off the Battle Shell figures and put them on original basic figures? Just wondering if that might be a way for people, who like these heads better, to get the articulation back.
I've not tried to take the heads off, but I'd imagine it's possible

I have been toying with the idea of getting the Basics just for their torso, and use the BS figures arms, legs, head, plastron and carapace to make them better.

But that'd be more expensive then I'd be willing to pay.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:37 AM   #477
andr0s81
Random Punk

Quote:
I've not tried to take the heads off, but I'd imagine it's possible

I have been toying with the idea of getting the Basics just for their torso, and use the BS figures arms, legs, head, plastron and carapace to make them better.

But that'd be more expensive then I'd be willing to pay.
Well if playmates ever starts shipping the pizza point 4 pack turtles (with the better paint apps) then you could get all 4 for 15 dollars.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:57 AM   #478
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

It isn't being offered to people overseas. I have several extra on order but I doubt she'll want my help.

Playmates did ship them actually. They are finally starting to show up.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:59 AM   #479
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
It isn't being offered to people overseas.
Not the pizza point 4-pack, but there are a "4 brothers" pack sold in the UK.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #480
andr0s81
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
It isn't being offered to people overseas. I have several extra on order but I doubt she'll want my help.

Playmates did ship them actually. They are finally starting to show up.
They’re showing up now? Are there any pictures of what they actually look like?

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys