The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-27-2018, 10:37 PM   #2561
Ninjinister
無問題

So since Anchovy has grown significantly, does that mean Pepperoni's bigger too now?
Old 07-28-2018, 03:04 AM   #2562
neatoman
Emperor

In the preview for Hit the Road, Rocksteady cuts off his ear when it's turning human again, because he thinks it's infected. While it's funny joke, is he just going to run around without an ear from now on? Or does it come back somehow?

On a more serious note, Ravenwood seems to think Bebop and Rocksteady started out as a regular warthog and rhino. How complete does the EPF's research tend to be?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:54 PM   #2563
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Hey, Bobby. I love how the Urban Legends issues mention Erik Larsen's ownership of the Savage Dragon characters in the legal indicia. But a few other people had their creator-owned characters make appearances in that series. Please tell Justin and co. to add these legal notices (by issue):

Spoiler:
Issue 9:

The Knight Watchman and all related characters and elements are ™ & © Gary S. Carlson and Chris Ecker.

Issue 10:

Roxanne Wells and all related elements are ™ & © Erik Larsen and Gary S. Carlson.

Deathwatch and all related elements are ™ & © Gary S. Carlson.

Issue 11:

Vanguard and all related characters and elements are ™ & © Erik Larsen and Gary S. Carlson.

Issue 12:

Vanguard and all related characters and elements are ™ & © Erik Larsen and Gary S. Carlson.

Lurch and all related elements are ™ & © Gary S. Carlson.

Issue 13:

Lurch, Deathwatch and all related elements are ™ & © Gary S. Carlson.

Issue 14:

Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:51 AM   #2564
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Hello, Bobby!

After the publication of the preview, I wanted to ask you to upload only Ravenwood's concept art.

Now we know that she is not an ordinary human and it is very interesting for me to see the strange purple stripes on her body closer. At first I thought that these were ordinary tattoos, like the Purple Dragons. But now I think that this is something else. If she is a mutant, it explains why she is loyal to the mutants. But Bishop hates mutants and it's very strange how she can work in the EPF. So many questions...
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #2565
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Will Dark Water play any further role in the comic? Its an organization with potential that I was pleasantly shocked to see reemerge. There is always the Megavolt plot, but I would just like to see any further development of Dark Water.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #2566
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
Hey, Bobby. I love how the Urban Legends issues mention Erik Larsen's ownership of the Savage Dragon characters in the legal indicia. But a few other people had their creator-owned characters make appearances in that series. Please tell Justin and co. to add these legal notices (by issue):

Spoiler:
Issue 9:

The Knight Watchman and all related characters and elements are ™ & © Gary S. Carlson and Chris Ecker.

Issue 10:

Roxanne Wells and all related elements are ™ & © Erik Larsen and Gary S. Carlson.

Issue 11:

Issue 12:

Lurch and all related elements are ™ & © Gary S. Carlson.

Issue 13:

Issue 14:

Isn't it literally their job to keep track of that stuff? Why wouldn't they already have that information?
Hahahaha!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #2567
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Hey Bobby! Sorry for off-topic, but I don't know another way to reach you. Now that Jurassic World 2 is out and IDW has the comic rights for the property, why the publisher don't make a nice new ongoing series? You've done it with Ghostbusters - only you can do it with Jurassic Park!!! All the movies, comics, action figures, video games - put all togther in one book and make money! Everybody loves dinosaurs!

And what is with Xenozoic? Will there be a continuation by Mark Schulz? You have the publishing rights as well!
I don't think we have the Jurassic World license at this time, though I could be wrong. And I have no clue about Xenozoic!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #2568
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
After brief scouring and using my knowledge gained from a snake obsession when I was ages twelve to fifteen...is Krisa a corn snake or something else but similar? Like a corn snake or rat snake?
A python if I recall correctly, but that would be a question for Ian.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #2569
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
In January, 5 parts.
Most likely! Not solicited yet, so it could change. Definitely early 2019.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #2570
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
So since Anchovy has grown significantly, does that mean Pepperoni's bigger too now?
Probably not! They could be different ages, different rates of growth and remember that Anchovy has been much more involved in Bebop & Rocksteady's time jumping. (all of which is a way of saying: keeping it flexible for artists!)
Old 07-29-2018, 03:37 PM   #2571
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
In the preview for Hit the Road, Rocksteady cuts off his ear when it's turning human again, because he thinks it's infected. While it's funny joke, is he just going to run around without an ear from now on? Or does it come back somehow?

On a more serious note, Ravenwood seems to think Bebop and Rocksteady started out as a regular warthog and rhino. How complete does the EPF's research tend to be?
Rocksteady's ear may or may not be referenced later in the story, so i'll keep quiet on that! As for the EPF's research, it would be pretty thorough but prone to the same mistakes any bureaucracy is.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #2572
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Hello, Bobby!

After the publication of the preview, I wanted to ask you to upload only Ravenwood's concept art.

Now we know that she is not an ordinary human and it is very interesting for me to see the strange purple stripes on her body closer. At first I thought that these were ordinary tattoos, like the Purple Dragons. But now I think that this is something else. If she is a mutant, it explains why she is loyal to the mutants. But Bishop hates mutants and it's very strange how she can work in the EPF. So many questions...
Will try, but no promises-- i'm usually too busy during the work day and during the weekend I don't have access to the image!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #2573
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Will Dark Water play any further role in the comic? Its an organization with potential that I was pleasantly shocked to see reemerge. There is always the Megavolt plot, but I would just like to see any further development of Dark Water.
No plans that I know of, unless Tom has something cooking in the back of his brain, but will keep it in mind!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:46 PM   #2574
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Will try, but no promises-- i'm usually too busy during the work day and during the weekend I don't have access to the image!
OK, no problem. Thank you!)
Maybe you'll just say, is it a tattoo or not? I will be grateful to you.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:55 PM   #2575
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Rocksteady's ear may or may not be referenced later in the story, so i'll keep quiet on that!
I think I'd literally squeal with delight if this is how future!Shredder's mutant clone army from Turtles in Time #4 comes to be and we build up to a very similar future, with some changes, of course. Especially now that Shredder is almost guaranteed to come back from the dead and bring his red oni mask with him...

/sillywishfulthinking
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #2576
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Anchovy is a velociraptor which are tiny, he was meant to be his full size when I drew him but maybe Ben and Dustin made him a deinonychus or utahraptor or something instead and he'll get big?? And Pepperoni is a protoceratops so she's already at more or less full size, too.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:54 PM   #2577
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Anchovy is a velociraptor which are tiny, he was meant to be his full size when I drew him but maybe Ben and Dustin made him a deinonychus or utahraptor or something instead and he'll get big?? And Pepperoni is a protoceratops so she's already at more or less full size, too.
Thanks! I used to know all about dinosaurs when I was a wee lad but terrible memory + pop culture has muddled details since then, and I thought protoceratopses grew much larger than that. I remember being surprised to find out velociraptors only got to be about the size of chickens! DAMN YOU JURASSIC PARK
Old 07-29-2018, 08:59 PM   #2578
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Boy, in that case, the Utroms must have been messing around in that era a whole lot more than realized, since those are North American raptors and Anchovy was in Mongolia. I would say maybe deinonychus, since it just barely overlapped with velociraptor at the very tail end of its time alive, but Utahraptor was already very extinct by the time the other two were around.

However, I'm just to chalk it up the very strong possibility that Anchovy bit Bebop and Rocksteady a whole lot, so ingesting their blood may have mutated him just slightly enough to grow much larger than normal. It's a little gross, but probably one of the lesser gross things that have occurred within this line.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:00 PM   #2579
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Boy, in that case, the Utroms must have been messing around in that era a whole lot more than realized, since those are North American raptors and Anchovy was in Mongolia. I would say maybe deinonychus, since it just barely overlapped with velociraptor at the very tail end of its time alive, but Utahraptor was already very extinct by the time the other two were around.
Well like I said he was meant to be a velociraptor, which fit the location and time period (and size requirements, I made it a point to pick dinos that would remain small and cute, haha), but I'm just thinking out loud about what Dustin and Ben may have had in mind. I wouldn't read too much into it, in any case.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:02 PM   #2580
neatoman
Emperor

How did Bebop manage to make his boots fit on those little hooves?
Hahahaha!

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz