The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #441
snake
Disgusting

Read them all today except Green Lantern

Superman was the best one, followed by Green Arrow, then Batman
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:25 AM   #442
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Preview's up for The Flash-Rebirth: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...1/1100-155573/

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:29 AM   #443
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Batman Rebirth was idiotic.

Didn't bother with Superman.

Green Lantern was a'ight; I'm very interested in Jessica's continuing development.

Green Arrow was great.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:08 PM   #444
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Batman Rebirth was idiotic.
that's definitely the word for it!
i still have no clue why-

- Bruce Wayne was doing one-armed pull-ups from the top of a skyscraper over a death-drop out in broad daylight?

- doesn't enforce the use of code-names when on missions.

- still is trains by trying to karate kick trees down?

and yet i see hoards of fanboys heaping praise over this it, as if it actually deserved it.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #445
ZariusTwo
Overlord

DC have cancelled the remaining issues of the current JLA, along with it's annual, following months of delays (mostly their fault, as they commissioned Hitch with Rebirth stuff so he had no time)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/...elled-for-now/
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #446
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
DC have cancelled the remaining issues of the current JLA, along with it's annual, following months of delays (mostly their fault, as they commissioned Hitch with Rebirth stuff so he had no time)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/...elled-for-now/
really glad i dropped that one months ago!

aside from ok art, i just wasn't getting it.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:23 PM   #447
sdp
Megan Fox = April

If Rebirth had been a mini-series I would be reading it but if it's all going to be told through the different comic issues then I guess I'll just have to read spoilers.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #449
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Aquman, Flash, and Action Comics were all decent to great (especially Aquaman)

WW is a bit confusing,
Spoiler:
seems it wants to retcon a lot of her N52 stuff like the God of War thing.

Detective was a bit eh,
Spoiler:
it has a compelling start with Azrael but after Bruce reveals who he is to Kate, it's just recruit, recruit, recruit, and then Kate playing drill sergant.

Action was solid,
Spoiler:
Maggie back in metropolis, and Clark Classic going after Super Luthor, going on gut instinct he'll do something sinister even if he's not doing anything like that yet. Seems most of Metropolis just thought their Superman was missing also, not dead

In Flash, there's more a follow up to Rebirth

Spoiler:
The Comedian's pin is studied by Bruce and Barry, they keep their research from the rest of the JL, and they find unique traces of radiation on it
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #450
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Detective was a bit eh,
Spoiler:
it has a compelling start with Azrael but after Bruce reveals who he is to Kate, it's just recruit, recruit, recruit, and then Kate playing drill sergant.
one thing i always wondered, is Kate supposed to be older than Barbara Gordon?
Old 06-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #451
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
one thing i always wondered, is Kate supposed to be older than Barbara Gordon?
Yes she is. Since Kate is Batwoman and Babs is Batgirl.

I'm confused with the upcoming Titans Rebirth. It seems to be about Nightwing, Donna Troy and Arsenal remembering their past. But I thought the new Titans series was supposed to be about Damian leading them and whatnot?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #452
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Damien is alive and leading a team? He can't handle himself with that attitude and out for blood way he operates. Yeah,yeah Robin is the #1 sidekick so he call the shots, but that is more of Dick's thing. Tim maybe, but the costume does not give the position of leadership.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:27 PM   #453
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yes she is. Since Kate is Batwoman and Babs is Batgirl.
i knew their callsigns, but was wondering if they were keeping all of Barbara's years as Oracle? Batwoman is pretty new to the scene. it just seems odd that she'd actually have room continuity-wise to actually be older than Barbara?

looking at the drawings from Gail Simone's New 52 Batgirl run Babs actually looked older to me that Kate did.

probably why they started doing the whole Burnside Hipster Babs thing?
Old 06-11-2016, 07:29 PM   #454
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Damien is alive and leading a team? He can't handle himself with that attitude and out for blood way he operates. Yeah,yeah Robin is the #1 sidekick so he call the shots, but that is more of Dick's thing. Tim maybe, but the costume does not give the position of leadership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm confused with the upcoming Titans Rebirth. It seems to be about Nightwing, Donna Troy and Arsenal remembering their past. But I thought the new Titans series was supposed to be about Damian leading them and whatnot?
Dick is leading the 'Titans' and Damian will be leading the 'Teen Titans'.
this way they can appease both sets of fans and have 2 different titles to sell.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #455
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

It's ridiculous the amount of "reboots" we get these days. I feel like all of this is the result of the big 2 going crazy with so many "event books" that mess up the universe. I realize that DC especially has TONS of continuity with its characters but good grief just put the origin in a paragraph in the front of the book like they did in the old days and just tell me a good story. Is that really too much to ask? If the stories are good then the books will sell. Quit relying on stupid gimmicks to sell books. I wish there were more Stan Sakai's and Carl Barks' in the world. They just have awesome stories that are fun to read and their characters are always really well fleshed out and you don't have to know a century worth of obscure backstory to enjoy them.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #456
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Dick is leading the 'Titans' and Damian will be leading the 'Teen Titans'.
this way they can appease both sets of fans and have 2 different titles to sell.
I thought the other set would have been Tim not Damien. I want to see a retrospective with Dick as Robin. After the Deathstroke part of the storyline is resolved in NTT#55/Tales the whole comic is not interesting to me. Unless Barbara and or Kara interact with Dick's group I am not interested. I always thought not having those two ladies interact with the original group or New Teen Titans group was a missed opportunity. I liked the idea of Dick and Wally in Young Justice interacting with Tim's friends to appease both groups but soon Dick switched costumes and Wally left the show taking away my investment. Two groups calling themselves Titans? Don't know if that would work. Sure Justice League and Justice Society both have 'Justice' BUT both groups are 'Titans' teenagers or not. Don't really see this working.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:37 PM   #457
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
It's ridiculous the amount of "reboots" we get these days. I feel like all of this is the result of the big 2 going crazy with so many "event books" that mess up the universe. I realize that DC especially has TONS of continuity with its characters but good grief just put the origin in a paragraph in the front of the book like they did in the old days and just tell me a good story. Is that really too much to ask? If the stories are good then the books will sell. Quit relying on stupid gimmicks to sell books. I wish there were more Stan Sakai's and Carl Barks' in the world. They just have awesome stories that are fun to read and their characters are always really well fleshed out and you don't have to know a century worth of obscure backstory to enjoy them.
yeah, it's disappointing when it feels like quality gets sacrificed for the cash cow.
some of the Superman Rebirth stuff actually looks really good. but this all came a day late and a dollar short for me though.
i'm sticking to my guns and not taking the bait.
there is one and only one DC title that i will allow myself to get once august rolls around. till then i just lurk the reviews ans see if anything looks worthwhile for trade paperback?
Old 06-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #458
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I thought the other set would have been Tim not Damien. I want to see a retrospective with Dick as Robin. After the Deathstroke part of the storyline is resolved in NTT#55/Tales the whole comic is not interesting to me. Unless Barbara and or Kara interact with Dick's group I am not interested. I always thought not having those two ladies interact with the original group or New Teen Titans group was a missed opportunity. I liked the idea of Dick and Wally in Young Justice interacting with Tim's friends to appease both groups but soon Dick switched costumes and Wally left the show taking away my investment. Two groups calling themselves Titans? Don't know if that would work. Sure Justice League and Justice Society both have 'Justice' BUT both groups are 'Titans' teenagers or not. Don't really see this working.
they put Tim Drake in Detective Comics, and now Damian gets tossed into Teen Titans.
but i see what you mean about 2 titans groups being way too much!
it'll divide the market and it'll probably hurt both titles in the long run?
but brighter minds are making the decisions so...
Old 06-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #459
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
they put Tim Drake in Detective Comics, and now Damian gets tossed into Teen Titans.
but i see what you mean about 2 titans groups being way too much!
it'll divide the market and it'll probably hurt both titles in the long run?
but brighter minds are making the decisions so...
It happened three before and failed. Back in the late 70s' with Titans West as a spin-off and then again when Deathstroke lead a rouge group Titans also called Titans West. Between that was the Baxter edition direct sales and the Tales book. All three times it failed. Three strikes are already given so no use to try again.The Titans book looks like the 1999-2003 grouping of the costume changed first five Titans and the one with Damien looks like the Titans series that succeeded it during Infinite Crisis that featured the four New Titans mentoring the four Young Justice.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:59 PM   #460
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
yeah, it's disappointing when it feels like quality gets sacrificed for the cash cow.
some of the Superman Rebirth stuff actually looks really good. but this all came a day late and a dollar short for me though.
i'm sticking to my guns and not taking the bait.
there is one and only one DC title that i will allow myself to get once august rolls around. till then i just lurk the reviews ans see if anything looks worthwhile for trade paperback?
Batman is my only "must have" DC book anyway. I'm a tad behind and haven't gotten to get my pull file in a couple of months because of saving money for vacation but as long as his universe is kept in tact I will be fine.

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman