The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-12-2006, 09:12 AM   #21
Sliced
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
BTW, the more I think about that "we've been transported into a Saturday morning cartoon" crack....the more I think it's the writers saying "we are SO sorry for this...but the network made us do it"
Oh katie... I think that you're thinking too much... although this could be a funny idea. The writters saying ''sorry for this'' in every single episode, in a different way each time
Old 08-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #22
Katie
Just...way too serious.

psssshhh.

I'm an analyst by trade...it's my nature to pick things apart. But, Dangit! THAT's what I want!!! little hidden Easter eggs of appology all throughout the show
Old 08-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #23
creativerealms82
Hench Mutant

Better then the last two. A a story plot started to take shape at the end of this episode. yay Fast Forward won't be all stand alone episodes that have nothing to do with each other. A bit closer to the Turtles we have known for the past four seasons but still way to cheesy and not as good.
creativerealms82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:16 AM   #24
Vegita-San
Emperor

This s how could be so promising if they would JUST town down the simplicity of it and make it ten times more interesting. Cody and Don in their planning where so obvious, the only thing they could have done to make it worse was look at the camera and talk to the audience..

did anyone catch Mikes Exactamundo? If t his is Peter Lairds way of sh owing that most of the stuff in the original toon wouldn't fit in the new show, he's proved his point a hundred times over

If they can get the attitude of the original show and pacing, and the grittiness, this Future stuff could be actually fun instead of damn annoying.

Sometime this week, we're going to try and get a contact at 4Kids and a contact at Playmates where people can call in and tell them how dissapointed they are. It's especially important to get your kids to complain too if they don't like it as they are the target audience.

I'm also going to upload two 15 minute clips. One, is a clip show of sorts, gathering all the best moments and animation of the first season, and the second contains FF. You'l DEFINETLY miss the old style when you see them back to back..

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #25
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

This was my first episode of FF and I have to say, it sucked.
  1. Machines being controlled by a villain/virus has been so overdone. Star Trek, X-Men, Batman Beyond, the old school TMNT cartoon.
  2. Cody is basically Zack 2.0.
  3. Splinter giving up the fight. Sorry, but the Splinter I've come to know over four seasons wouldn't do that.
  4. Leo cracking lame jokes while fighting? That's Mikey's job (even though Mikey's my favorite).
  5. The animation and art style isn't the same quality as past seasons.

F*** Fast Forward. I want the real TMNT.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman

Last edited by Mr. Stay Puft; 08-12-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #26
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

atleast you guys got to watch it f@ckin' baseballs on here in los angeles...god I hate baseball more than Fast Forward any day.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #27
gobo
Wacky Action

The show started more than a minute early, so my recording missed the part with Leo taunting. It was okay. A lot of less-than-admirable plot points. Maybe Splinter's reference to his soaps was that melodramatic reaction he had to getting shocked. It even looked like he was faking injury to get out of having to fight. Pete must be friends with the creator(s) of Moo Mesa... or maybe the sheriff... one of the two. Lots of things are wrong with this picture, but I'd still rather this show continue than have nothing at all on TV to watch. While this skewed incarnation lacks the integrity of previous seasons, I'll keep watching. I didn't abandon the classic 'toon after its numerous insulting eps in Season 3. Why start now? I enjoy being naive, damnit.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #28
Zelda
Hench Mutant

Heh, I slept through FF today and DREAMED that it became this fantastic series about the future with the old art style (or better? the designs were certainly better) and Cody had character depth and a mom and they were villians (in that complex they-have-their-reasons way) and there was something about him being able to posess people and his mom had a casket of sacred artifacts that looked like silver dollars and no one knew how important they were except her. And the TMNT had been intergrated into a tribe of wolf-people that lived in trees and instead of the FF gear, they had more of a Native American theme. There were also Triceritons that gave the guys air masks except the air was liquid...Donny asked if it was Mercury o_O; And the character interaction was back to the way it was and there was a continuing plotline.... I wish I remembered enough of it to really explain how awesome it was :/

Then I woke up to my partner saying, 'you know, it's 11 o'clock...'

And I thought 'oh sh*t! I missed FF! ...oh... sh*t... THAT FF.... wow. It really DOES suck.'

The synopsis sounds like it had potential and until I started reading the replies I was almost disapointed that I missed it (although...Viral? What is this, Sailor Moon vilian of the day? Bah).

Did Splinter really make yet ANOTHER comment about soaps? Way to ravage what--even in the old series--was an intense, mature and interesting character.

... Cody-san... that...turns my stomach. -san is an HONORIFIC. Cody is NOT above Splinter or even equal to him. I could see -chan being used >_>

Author of Judgment: Volume I
http://www.myspace.com/zellieberraine
Inspired by what I love best about TMNT: character dynamics, superheroes that aren't of the Superman variety, genetics, etc
Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #29
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Well... I enjoyed the action, but some of the one-liners made even me roll my eyes... and I'm usually easily entertained. :p On the other hand, I'm a sucker for sight gags, and the thing with the kitchen-bot streaming out fire, seeing Mike hanging from the ceiling, and Serling's tray disintegrate... that made me giggle. And I still enjoy Serling's attitude, most of the time. "I've been tempted to flatten you more than once..." Heheh.

I could have done without the cartoony animals (although the barmaid reminded me a bit of the creatures in Usagi's universe). The elves and the troll were amusing (although... "coming up a little short"? Come ON...)

I kept expecting Raph to ask why Cody was spending his time making the Turtles comfortable, when he should be trying to find a way to send them home! But maybe that's why he was grouchy; I mean, he does obviously want to go home more than the others do (at this rate, they may have to drag Don back kicking and screaming ). And starting to train Cody... sounds like they expect to be there for awhile. But... Splinter is probably encouraging them to excersize patience and live with what they've got, until Cody and/or Don figures out how to send them back. And if Cody's gotta live with ninja, it'd be nice if he had at least some rudimentary defense skills, so I can see why they would teach him something.

Viral... looked like the Foot symbol, in her non-corporeal form. I'd seen her in the opening montage before, and wondered just what the heck that was. No relation, I guess... but still kind of weird to see.

"It's ninja time"... the little light slowly went on in my head as I realized that's the first line of the song (usually cuz I fast-forward through it, but I pressed the button a little later this time)... so I guess that's why they keep saying it in the show... are they going to say it every ep? *sigh* At least it's not "It's green time"...

Interesting that the old lair showed up amongst those holographic scenarios... and they played that little bit of the old theme. How the heck did Cody get it so accurate? Surely Casey didn't describe it in that much detail. Ahh, gratuitous "we know it didn't make any sense, but we wanted you to laugh" shots... :p

Random question: why did Don bother with a retracting bo, when he wears it on his back, extended?

The hygene-bot... a remark about the toilet lid?! I think Raph had the right idea in mangling it..

I liked the animation there when Don kicked Serling away and rolled over to Cody. Very nice.

How did Don and Cody manage to shut off power for the rest of the city around them, though? I may have missed that... I was having trouble following their plan (ehh, it's the ADD. Sometimes I miss things that are implied in a conversation, unless they spell it out explicitly for me. It's frustrating...).

Quote:
Splinter just gave up after a hit. Never should have happened.
I was surprised. Besides wincing at the rather toony-looking take from Splinter, I was also thinking "oh come on, he's been electrocuted once... isn't that enough?" Maybe it brought back bad memories...

Quote:
Is Master Splinter going to sneak off to watch his soaps during every episode?
Could have been worse... he could have said he was going to watch soaps. Of course, he couldn't get out, but that's not the point..

Quote:
Atleast, there was no Biggles..
You're right!

Quote:
Ohhh..and on music...did anyone else notice we got the shredder doom theme in this one?
Really? *blinks* No, I didn't. I'll have to watch again..

Quote:
BTW, the more I think about that "we've been transported into a Saturday morning cartoon" crack....the more I think it's the writers saying "we are SO sorry for this...but the network made us do it"

Oh katie... I think that you're thinking too much... although this could be a funny idea. The writters saying ''sorry for this'' in every single episode, in a different way each time
LOL, it could be! But I'm hoping for Vol 4 stuff... pleeeeez... (hey, but there was that semi-apocryphal Mirage comic with Don in the future, using a fighting simulator, rather like what we had here...)

Quote:
I'm also going to upload two 15 minute clips. One, is a clip show of sorts, gathering all the best moments and animation of the first season, and the second contains FF. You'l DEFINETLY miss the old style when you see them back to back..
Well, I know, but that's not gonna help anyone enjoy this show any better. I'm of the mind to learn to enjoy what I have, rather than what I don't (I confess, I even learned to enjoy the good parts of TNM at the time. I have a very high stupidity tolerance; I'm an Aladdin fan, I had to watch the TV series, with a badly written Genie, LOL).

Putrescent- Baseball? Eww. My sympathies.

Quote:
Were those the Cowboys of Moo Mesa?
LOL, I did think it was suspicious. I never saw the show, though, so I wasn't sure.. was Dong Woo or Fox associated with that show (or maybe as someone said, somebody was a friend of Peter Laird's)? I wanna know if that's a reference, or a cameo, out of artistic interest...

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie

Last edited by Aska_Badoura; 08-12-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #30
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeys_in_tha_hizouse
This was my first episode of FF and I have to say, it sucked.
I dunno, I actually thought this episode was far superior to the first two. I'm finally warming up a bit to the animation style (though Splinter still needs some work) and the story and villain were cool. I think I'm going to like the stand-alone episode format of Fast Forward, complete with recurring villains et al. Very nice episode.

Best line? "Are we dead? This don't feel like dead..." - Raph
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #31
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things

This episode felt half-baked for me. The animation hasn't changed much and it didn't do anything special for me. I may have not seen last week's episode cuz I was on vacation, but that doesn't change anything.

The action was there and it served its purpose. Viral looks like she'll be an interesting villain. At least she paid the price, if you catch my drift. Her effects were cool, I thought.

I dunno about Cody becoming a ninja -- he's kinda young for it. I mean, how can a kid like him have that kind of responsibility? I guess you can have anything you want in cartoon these days.

Overall, I give this episode a three out of five "I hate the future!" catchphrases. It felt average to me. Next week's will probably be the same, but you never know. As much as I look forward to it, there's a chance of it sucking.

How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:07 PM   #32
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

I have a question... Do kids even get or like those jokes? Leo's one-liners were completely out of character and not funny at all. I find it hard to believe that even kids would find them funny. I mean, Mikey's battle suit was pretty hilarious, but I can't imagine even kids would find today's jokes funny.

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #33
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Ugh, that's right. That stupid hygiene bot. If it were smart enough to talk and recognise Raph, surely it would have KNOWN that he doesn't have hair. That was idiotic.

Well... that and about everything else in FF.

I wish we had baseball on here. At least then I'd have something to watch in the mornings now.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #34
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
Interesting that the old lair showed up amongst those holographic scenarios... and they played that little bit of the old theme. How the heck did Cody get it so accurate? Surely Casey didn't describe it in that much detail. Ahh, gratuitous "we know it didn't make any sense, but we wanted you to laugh" shots... :p
Remember... Cody has been watching them thru his time slip generator/demensional portal thing for who knows how long...probably the last 4 seasons. So yes he'd know what the lair looks like.

As for what I thought of the ep:

Ok I liked this ep. The holodeck idea was neat and it was cute that it was in the shape of a turtle
shell.

This was a neat little crossover with the Cowboys of Moo Mesa as well. *lol* Raph looks hot in a
cowboy hat!

Now the question I have is...What is Cody's last name??? Viral refered to him as Cody O'Neil.

Lets just hope that we won't see tons of Lets train Cody stuff. But it seems that it'll be Leo who's
training him.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #35
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I hated every second of that episode....I got the refrences and it didn't help me to hate it even less.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #36
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul

I feel like we are in a Catch-22 situation. I do not want to compare between the 2003k series and Fast Forward. We all pretty much prefer 2003k series and not too sure about Fast Forward. But, if Fast Forward does not do well, we may not have any more TMNT on TV. I think that we should be happy that we got some kind of TMNT show still on TV even though the action figure sales have not been as high as it was in the late 1980s.

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #37
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I dunno about Cody becoming a ninja -- he's kinda young for it. I mean, how can a kid like him have that kind of responsibility? I guess you can have anything you want in cartoon these days.
Well, he's only three or four years younger than the guys... he's fourteen, and, I mean, the guys were only fifteen when the show started. I don't think it's the age that's the limitation, but the amount of time he's spent training till this point: that is, nil.

Quote:
Remember... Cody has been watching them thru his time slip generator/demensional portal thing for who knows how long...probably the last 4 seasons. So yes he'd know what the lair looks like.
Uhh.... I got the impression that the first episode of FF was the first time he'd used it, hence it bringing them to the future: like he'd planned the device out on paper, built it, then tried it out, but it turned out to have quite a different effect when he finally used it. I didn't think he would have used it before with no effect, only to have it suddenly go nuts and bring the Turtles through it, this time. *shrug* That's what I thought, anyway.

Quote:
Now the question I have is...What is Cody's last name??? Viral refered to him as Cody O'Neil.
Er.... she did, didn't she? Oops. It's definitely Cody Jones. Well, she may not know terribly much about Cody personally, especially if she's been "hired"; she may have assumed he was an O'Neil, since he owns the company after all.

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:34 PM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific freak
I feel like we are in a Catch-22 situation. I do not want to compare between the 2003k series and Fast Forward. We all pretty much prefer 2003k series and not too sure about Fast Forward. But, if Fast Forward does not do well, we may not have any more TMNT on TV. I think that we should be happy that we got some kind of TMNT show still on TV
Or we coud let the show end with dignity, rather than sell out.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #39
MasterMole
Foot Soldier

I enjoyed this episode more than last week's. The turtles, especially Raph, seemed more themselves.
TMNT are Cool. I anticipate buying the next toy(I hope) and watching the next episode. Will a company please give the Proper DVD release to the current and classic Turtles cartoons? Playmates Toys: Shape Up, OR feast on my large,lumpy,hairy MOLE, then Back Off!
MasterMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #40
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific freak
I feel like we are in a Catch-22 situation. I do not want to compare between the 2003k series and Fast Forward. We all pretty much prefer 2003k series and not too sure about Fast Forward. But, if Fast Forward does not do well, we may not have any more TMNT on TV. I think that we should be happy that we got some kind of TMNT show still on TV even though the action figure sales have not been as high as it was in the late 1980s.
I don't want TMNT on TV if it's going to be slaughtered. I havn't seen enough of FF yet to see if it's going to kill TMNT's name yet but it's really getting there...