The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I wonder about Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady's finale fates. Will they stay in the original cartoon universe? Will they go to jail? Be de-mutated?

I mean unlike the old villains who will largely just go back to the 80's universe and continue on as usual, we have no idea what will happen to Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady. Given Rahzar died, Tiger Claw declared a truce, Baxter got demutated and Fishface just went back to petty crime...I think anything could happen to them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #82
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah I wonder about Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady's finale fates. Will they stay in the original cartoon universe? Will they go to jail? Be de-mutated?

I mean unlike the old villains who will largely just go back to the 80's universe and continue on as usual, we have no idea what will happen to Nick's Bebop/Rocksteady. Given Rahzar died, Tiger Claw declared a truce, Baxter got demutated and Fishface just went back to petty crime...I think anything could happen to them.
Given that they are more comical than the other villains I wonder if their end would have a comical tone.

Last edited by newfan; 08-17-2017 at 01:03 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #83
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

I agree with others in that this might be the best version of Master Splinter, we needed more episodes with just him as the focus.
https://youtu.be/ibQO--Y9XLA

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #84
Cjmart019
Random Punk

Nice tribute on the title referencing Lone Wolf and Cub, in which the protagonist Samurai pushes a cart with his baby in it while he wanders. Great episode!
Cjmart019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #85
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Just finished catching up with this one, and I loved it! Seeing them as babies was so cute, and I loved seeing how Splinter's bond with them grew. I noticed the scene of him putting them to bed seemed like the one out of the 2014 movie, which made me smile a bit at the shout out (since they seemed to enjoy razzing on it in other eps) and the way they "chose" their weapons was so fitting. Figures Mikey would be sucking on his....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:02 AM   #86
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjmart019 View Post
Nice tribute on the title referencing Lone Wolf and Cub, in which the protagonist Samurai pushes a cart with his baby in it while he wanders. Great episode!
Not so much a Samurai but an executioner who is accused of a crime he didn't commit, and finds his entire house hold with the exception of his infant son murdered.

Knowning the child will be a problem, he gives his young son an ultimatum by placing two objects before him. A ball and a sword. He tells the child that if he chooses the ball he would join his mother in death, but if he chooses the sword he would become a demon like his father and seek vengance for the wrongs done to them.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:42 PM   #87
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I just recently read the volume that story of Usagi is from and I don't recall him giving the boy that choice. He was actually more of an assassin masquerading as a pilgrim or simple traveler. The cart was full of hidden weapons and even the child had a couple. He was hunting Usagi because of a duel he had fought with a former general.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:54 PM   #88
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I just recently read the volume that story of Usagi is from and I don't recall him giving the boy that choice. He was actually more of an assassin masquerading as a pilgrim or simple traveler. The cart was full of hidden weapons and even the child had a couple. He was hunting Usagi because of a duel he had fought with a former general.
That choice occurs when Daigoro is one year of age.

Here is a link to that moment http://imgur.com/gallery/A7JFf

Ogami Ito was the Shogun's chief executioner which was a position of High power during the Tokugawa Shogunate. His family was murdered by the Yagyu Clan as a ploy to control the three keys to power. To incriminate Ito a funeral tablet with the Shogun's crest which was meant to symbolize that he desired the shogun's death which brands him as a traitor. So in order to avenge his post and clear his name, he needs to walk the demon's path of an assassin, but his son needed to choose his own path which is why he gives him the choice of following him or join his mother in death.

I like in the story Splinter took the Turtles (Leonardo in particular) attempting to mimic his katas as them choosing to learn Ninjitsu rather then him giving them that life style simply because that was the knowledge he had to pass on to them.

I also liked how Splinter didn't consider himself their father at first. Rather he saw them as a group of helpless innocents who were cursed with the same affliction he had been. And where someone else might have fled and left them to their fate, he took responsibility for them and it's only when he came to that sense of catharsis where he was asking if he should take this as a second chance to take on the fatherly role that he began to see them as his sons.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:00 AM   #89
Casey
Stone Warrior

Am I the only person who just views this as an Eastman episode with no ties to the show? Splinter never knew that much about the Kraang. If he did, the turtles wouldn't have said it was weird when Mikey talked about them in the first couple episodes. Also, half of the bots Splinter destroyed didn't have Kraang come out of them and he cut one in half which would've killed one.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:25 AM   #90
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Am I the only person who just views this as an Eastman episode with no ties to the show? Splinter never knew that much about the Kraang. If he did, the turtles wouldn't have said it was weird when Mikey talked about them in the first couple episodes. Also, half of the bots Splinter destroyed didn't have Kraang come out of them and he cut one in half which would've killed one.
Splinter might just have never told them anything about the kraang. He might've kept it all a secret.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:29 AM   #91
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Well, Splinter may have just said they were robots, not aliens. From the sound of things, he has told the Turtles only the truncated version of their origin and this is the only time he is telling them the full story. We only saw the Kraang because we know these are the Kraang they are dealing with. In a way it does give some more insight to why Splinter was so hesitant about letting the Turtles out of the Lair in the pilot episode.

When we see Splinter being unsure the Turtles were ready to see the surface we are lead to believe he was afraid they would be careless and draw attention to themselves which would bring the Shredder to New York. And this is exactly what happened.

But looking at this episode, he has no reason to assume the Kraang had given up on looking for them. But his sons were only babies when they first encountered the Kraang so they would have very little memory or understanding of what was hunting them. All they would have really been cognizant of at that time was that they were in danger. So when they were saying they wanted to go to the surface they were ignorant of the dangers that still existed there. And yet in order to become the people they were to become they had to journey to the surface.

Also with the whole Mikey explaining that he saw an alien robot. Even if any of the Turtles remembered the story that Splinter told them, Mikey still has a wild imagination. So the Older Brother Trio would have learned long ago to take everything Mikey says with a grain of salt. And the fact that the Kraang Bot he destroyed was missing only proved to them Mikey's imagination was running away with him again.

Plus in the beginning of that exchange, Mikey phrases the sighting in a way that sounded like he was seeing things.

This is the exchange:

Mikey: Guys! Guys! You're never going to believe this! That dude! He...he had a brain!

Leo: We all have brains, Mikey!

Donnie: Not all of us!

Mikey: In our chests!

Leo: No Mikey, not in our chests!

Mikey: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME!!!

(Bit where Leo slaps Mikey ala Captain Ryan style)

Donnie: I think he's delusional.

Mikey: Come here! The big guy was a robot and he had a freaky looking brain thing in his chest! You've got to believe me!

Raph: I'm not sure we do!

Yet this story would have made more sense if it started out the with the turtles in their present-day forms discovering something that could segway them into the flashback rather then having the entire episode start out with Splinter recounting their origin.

The only reason the episode was the way it was, was because they were tying it into the weapons origin.

Some families express their grief for their lost loved one by keeping the dead person's room and belongings intact. Part of this is to keep a small shred of normalcy, to keep the person in their life as they remembered them because if they change anything they would be afraid of losing all memory of that person if they changed or gave away anything. And also part of it is because by clearing that space they are accepting that person is gone for good.

Following the Kavaxas Arc, the Turtles do have a chance to say their goodbyes to their father before he ascends into heaven. So that moment may give them more of an inclination that it's time to let go of Master Splinter and depend on one another, after all, they are all they have now.

So the episode could have begun with the Turtles and family deciding to clean out his room. And while they are cleaning they find a secret journal that Splinter had written about his experiences in raising them. And it's here they learn about the full story of their origin.

Last edited by victory_angel; 09-17-2017 at 12:55 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:57 AM   #92
DVD
Mad Scientist

I am officially back up to speed with the TV adventures of our favorite Turtles.
I watched 4 of them back to back today.
The three parter was good fun and really well made. The environments were classy.

Then, episode 10. First thoughts: we were going to get a small filler ep. Then: written by Kevin Eastman..... and man , did he deliver. Superb episode.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #93
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Also, half of the bots Splinter destroyed didn't have Kraang come out of them and he cut one in half which would've killed one.
It's the last season, I don't think the team cares about casualties being depicted as long as it isn't too explicit. Plenty of ronin bandits and neko ninja must have died in the Usagi crossover.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:30 AM   #94
FealtytotheFoot
New Recruit

What an outstanding origin episode. I know I'm late to it, as I'm still catching up (on a streaming service) but what a nice throwback. Made me miss Splinter all the more, though I'm glad to see the turtle's emotional and character growth in his absence. But wow, what a kick a** dad he was.

Weapon selection scene was cute. Donnie's mind has always been his greatest weapon anyway, so the bo staff is fine. I think it just made him more creative in the end. Mikey is hard to pin down, so I get Splinter just being uhh here, uhh have fun.

Overall, comfy, feel good ep for me.
FealtytotheFoot is offline   Reply With Quote