The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #41
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I feel like most of the new episodes this season have been pretty strong, some of my top five favorites are from this season
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #42
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Same, I'm enjoying the third season so far.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:01 PM   #43
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I mean I'm enjoying it as well but I definitely notice a difference, I just got into Rick and Morty like 3 months ago so it's not like I'm an "old" fan. I marathoned everything and had already noticed S2 was weaker than S1 even if still awesome.

I do think the writers just don't have as many ideas or are already falling into the Simpsons/Family Guy trap where they're all just shadows of their former selves. I can't put my finger on it yet but yeah..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:22 PM   #44
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Anybody seen the latest episode yet?
It was a good one!
I had hoped for an episode that showcased other Ricks and Mortys and we got exactly that. It also shed a lot of light on how exactly the Citadel functioned and it was all very interesting.
And that ending. Man, did they pull off a great ending for this episode! It's got me excited for what's to come.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #45
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

The Atlantis bait-and-switch was pretty awesome. Very well-done episode.

The preview for the next one shows a lot of promise too
Old 09-12-2017, 07:33 AM   #46
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Love this show, This episode was one of my favorite just bc of.....
Spoiler:
Evil Morty!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:24 PM   #47
raph27
Mad Scientist

Totally the best episode of season 3 yet IMO. I got totally bait and switched by the teaser two weeks ago, and instead got something completely unexpected and great.

Spoiler:
I figured out Evil Morty would probably return from early on,
but it took me a while to realize which one it was. Still gave me chills when the song from his last appearance started to play. That was the one plotline I was really hoping for expansion on this season. I wonder if he'll show up again soon considering C-137 Rick's line at the end of the episode.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:55 PM   #48
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Latest episode was decent.
A pretty big step down from the previous episode, but it had some good stuff going for it.
These little clip-show episodes can be fun at first, but after a while the clips start to get kinda boring IMO.

I did like the fact that
Spoiler:
Summer apparently gets paid to fix Rick and Morty's bigger screw ups. It adds a nice bit of character to her.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:32 AM   #49
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Hey could someone help me out here?

I've heard nothing but good things about this show and was excited to binge it yesterday at work. By the end of the first episode, I had a headache.

Why?

The amount of times Rick says Morty's name is downright insane. I googled it and found out that it's spoke 113 times. 113 times within a timespan of 24 minutes where he's not even in every scene.

I can understand it seems like a small thing to obsess over but its the way my attention span works. I've stopped listening to the actual show and instead focusing on when the next "Morty!" comes. It's like the "What?" chant in wrestling where the crowd doesn't care about what the wrestler is actually saying, they're just waiting for the pause so they can "What?!"

Anyway, does it become more tolerable as the show goes on? I want to enjoy this show but if it's like that throughout the entire series I'm done.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #50
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I also got into the show late only a few months ago.

The first episode while needed makes it feel like it's just another "adult" comedy but it's a lot more fun, stick to it and you'll be happy. The second season isn't as good as the first, it's still really good but you began to see that they began to believe all the hype the show was getting it and while it's a great show it's overhyped as the most "intelligent" show.

The third season suffers even more from this and both the people writing and watching the show feel like it's this untouchable comedy. The last two episodes have been better but overall the third season is already another decline.

He does say Morty a lot but I got used to it, it's part of what makes the Rick err, Rick.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #51
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I just marathoned the series myself after my little brother got me hooked. Rick's dialogue becomes much less grating after the first episode, IIRC.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:16 AM   #52
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I feel the opposite, I feel like this third season is even better than the second, and I liked the second a lot. It is annoying how a lot of people online are like "oh, I'm soo smart, I appreciate this show sooo much more than you" and I mean it is a pretty smart and well-written show, but it still resorts to poop and dick jokes a lot of the time.

Morty's Mind Blowers was a neat take on an anthology episode while still having a canon plot, unlike The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror installments, as mentioned in the episode.

I'm eager to get more information on Rick and Beth's relationship in the next episode, especially what their life together was like before Rick left, and maybe we'll get some info on Beth's mom/Rick's wife. Then we get to see Evil Morty again in the last episode of this season, and that should be very interesting.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #53
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm a little disappointed that Interdimensional Cable didn't happen, but I was happy for the "House Hunters" gag that the episode ended on.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
Totally the best episode of season 3 yet IMO. I got totally bait and switched by the teaser two weeks ago, and instead got something completely unexpected and great.

Spoiler:
I figured out Evil Morty would probably return from early on,
but it took me a while to realize which one it was. Still gave me chills when the song from his last appearance started to play. That was the one plotline I was really hoping for expansion on this season. I wonder if he'll show up again soon considering C-137 Rick's line at the end of the episode.
Spoiler:
If you pay attention, the music in the end with the people dead in space is the EXACT SAME SONG as what played at the end of the season 1 episode when Evil Morty walked into the crowd at the end.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Spoiler:
If you pay attention, the music in the end with the people dead in space is the EXACT SAME SONG as what played at the end of the season 1 episode when Evil Morty walked into the crowd at the end.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:09 AM   #56
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Ep. 9 Preview, The ABC's of Beth:
Old 09-20-2017, 11:11 AM   #57
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Ep. 9 Preview, The ABC's of Beth:
Gross.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #58
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Hey could someone help me out here?

I've heard nothing but good things about this show and was excited to binge it yesterday at work. By the end of the first episode, I had a headache.

Why?

The amount of times Rick says Morty's name is downright insane. I googled it and found out that it's spoke 113 times. 113 times within a timespan of 24 minutes where he's not even in every scene.

I can understand it seems like a small thing to obsess over but its the way my attention span works. I've stopped listening to the actual show and instead focusing on when the next "Morty!" comes. It's like the "What?" chant in wrestling where the crowd doesn't care about what the wrestler is actually saying, they're just waiting for the pause so they can "What?!"

Anyway, does it become more tolerable as the show goes on? I want to enjoy this show but if it's like that throughout the entire series I'm done.
Honestly, the pilot episode is pretty strange. Going back and rewatching it after I had seen the whole series, it just feels a little disjointed from the rest of the show. It gets better, trust me. And they tone down both Rick saying "Morty" like every sentence and his burping.

On another note, I really enjoyed "Morty's Mind Blowers". It was a nice break from Interdimensional Cable while still having similar bizarre/funny moments.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:03 PM   #59
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Last night's episode "The ABC's of Beth" was insanely great. It wasn't what I expected, at all, but I guess this whole season has been about subverted expectations. They tell us we're going to get an episode that's a self-contained adventure in Atlantis and it instead features countless Ricks and Mortys other than the ones the show follows. "The ABC's of Beth" did a lot to highlight the f#cked up family drama dynamic that the Smith-Sanchez is subject to. Beth realizing that she is already like her dad in the ways she never wanted to be was poignant. Also the end credits scene was gold lmao
Old 09-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #60
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Last night's episode "The ABC's of Beth" was insanely great. It wasn't what I expected, at all, but I guess this whole season has been about subverted expectations. They tell us we're going to get an episode that's a self-contained adventure in Atlantis and it instead features countless Ricks and Mortys other than the ones the show follows. "The ABC's of Beth" did a lot to highlight the f#cked up family drama dynamic that the Smith-Sanchez is subject to. Beth realizing that she is already like her dad in the ways she never wanted to be was poignant. Also the end credits scene was gold lmao
Yeah the ending scene credit was great lol. I thought this episode would be a let down, but was a lot better then expected. It begs the question though did Beth decide to stay or go?? Is the Beth in the house now a clone/robot? If makes me wonder why Rick didn't leave a clone of himself in any of the timelines for Beth?
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote