The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
ChosenOne
Banned

Dream roster for a TMNT fighting game by NRS

With the recent news of the TMNT's inclusion in Injustice 2, and given what that may mean for the franchise's future forays into the world of video games, let's imagine for a moment that NetherRealm Studios decide to take it one step further and announce that their next project is a TMNT-exclusive fighting game with a similar engine to MK and Injustice, to be released in the next few years.

What would your dream roster for such a game be like? How many characters would you like to get right out of the gate, and how many for DLC?

Here's my own list:

Starting Roster
01. Alopex
02. Bebop
03. Bishop
04. Casey Jones
05. Donatello
06. General Traag
07. Hun
08. Karai
09. Krang
10. Leatherhead
11. Leonardo
12. Metalhead
13. Michelangelo
14. Raphael
15. Rat King
16. Renet
17. Rocksteady
18. Savanti Romero
19. Shredder
20. Slash
21. Splinter
22. Zog

DLC Characters
23. Armaggon
24. Mona Lisa
25. Usagi
(26. ?)

I tried to keep it all-inclusive, with a little bit of every major iteration of the franchise, all the big fan-favorites, and the condition that every character picked had to have been featured in at least two incarnations so far (which excludes Old Hob, for instance).

I look forward to reading everyone else's input and reasoning for their choices!

Last edited by ChosenOne; 11-12-2017 at 10:48 AM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I agree with your list. The only characters I would add are some of the villain's armies throughout the different versions such as Foot Soldiers, The Purple Dragons and Stone Warriors, but as single fighters.

Then for each fighter, there could be different skins (for e.g. 87 and 1990 movie foot soldier)
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #3
The Deadman
Foot Elite

DLC for me would be Tokka, Rahzar and Venus

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

For some reason I kinda see saving Slash for DLC cause I can imagine every turtle fan going bonkers whenever his DLC trailer hits.

I'm thinking if we start with say... 16 fighters...

1 Leo
2 Mike
3 Raph
4 Splinter
5 April
6 Casey
7 Shredder
8 Karai
9 Bebop
10 Rocksteady
11 Leatherhead
12 Baxter (with Mousers during some attacks)
13 Armaggon (Archie version)
14 Hun (Mirage/2K3 one)
15 Alopex
16 Rat King

DLC will be Usagi, Slash, Bishop, Angel (IDW version), Shadow (grown up ninja version) and one of the Foot Elite with regular Foot Ninja jumping in for some attacks

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are people seriously including Alopex? Way to obscure a character. If they're making a roster they would use the most recognizable characters first.

Seriously, no Slash, Rat King, Leatherhead, Rahzar, etc?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are people seriously including Alopex? Way to obscure a character. If they're making a roster they would use the most recognizable characters first.

Seriously, no Slash, Rat King, Leatherhead, Rahzar, etc?
DLC man... DLC. You gotta save the really good ones for DLC.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #7
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Beside the previously mentioned
One of the neutrinos
Human Xever/Bradford
Krang
Mr Touch/Mr Go
Natsu
Old Hob
Harold
For guest character provided if they are still owned by Nick: Power Rangers, Korra/Aang, Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
DLC man... DLC. You gotta save the really good ones for DLC.
Also its not like these sort of games are afraid to use one or two obscure characters, hell Injustice 2 has Swamp Thing

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-12-2017 at 09:32 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

When I think of obscure characters I think of still recognizable like Man Ray, Mondo Gecko, Mutagen Man, or Wingnut, etc.

Nobody is going to know who Alopex or Touch and Go are...seriously.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:38 PM   #9
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
When I think of obscure characters I think of still recognizable like Man Ray, Mondo Gecko, Mutagen Man, or Wingnut, etc.

Nobody is going to know who Alopex or Touch and Go are...seriously.
I feel as if more people know who Alopex is compared to Man Ray or Wingnut
Old 11-12-2017, 11:38 PM   #10
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

If we ever got a TMNT fighting game, some obscure characters I’d love to play as would be Bloodsucker, Savanti Juliet, Vol 2 Baxter Stockman, the Shredder Clones, Pimiko, Tang Amaya and King Komodo. With Dale Evans Mcgillicutty making some sort of cameo.
With the likes of Cerebus, Savage Dragon, Flaming Carrot, and Batman as guest characters.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:10 AM   #11
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I feel as if more people know who Alopex is compared to Man Ray or Wingnut
No way. Hundreds of thousands of people had their action figures, saw them in the Archie comics (hell they even had their own series), original toon, video games, etc. + they've now been brought back in Nick/IDW respectively. I don't consider Alopex as obscure as Cubed does, but she's lesser known than those guys.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
No way. Hundreds of thousands of people had their action figures, saw them in the Archie comics (hell they even had their own series), original toon, video games, etc. + they've now been brought back in Nick/IDW respectively. I don't consider Alopex as obscure as Cubed does, but she's lesser known than those guys.
True... but if you put her in a mainstream TMNT fighting game....

It'll basically be like Tournament Fighters introducing Armaggon and Karai to kids that didn't know they were from the comics.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Why am I the first one to say Herman the Hermit Crab?

C'mon, he'd be awesome. Super strong, super defense... super slow to even it out.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

If we're speaking of mutants/villains, they would likely go with the most recognizable or popular. Here's about 10 outside the Turtles:

1. Rocksteady
2. Bebop
3. Leatherhead
4. Slash
5. Rahzar
6. Someone out of Mondo/Wingnut/Man Ray
7. Armaggon
8. Tiger Claw
9. Mutagen Man (would make a cool fighter)
10. Metalhead (always got to have a robot with stretchy arms)

Aside from that obvious humans:

1. Karai
2. Rat King
3. Baxter in robot armor
4. Bishop
5. Hun
6. Casey

Add the Turtles/Splinter and Shredder and Krang...and you have a nearly 20+ roster right here.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:11 PM   #15
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

My dream roster
1.)Leonardo
2.)Rapheal
3.)Donatello
4.)Michelangelo
5.)Splinter
6.)April(combination of archie,07 movie,and 2012 toon switches between fighting bare handed to sword or tessun
7.) Casey Jones
8.)Angel(idw)
9.)Alopex
10.) Shredder
11.)Karai
12.Hun
13.)Bishop
14.)General Krang(idw)
15.Slash
16.)Bebop
17.)Rocksteady
18.)Baxter Stockman
19.)Old Hob
20.)leatherhead

Dlc
Usagi
Idw neutrinos
Dark Leo
Night Watcher
Cyborg Don (image)
Turtle Titan
Hamato Yoshi
Oroku Saki
Nobody (idw)
Ninjara
Shinigami
Jammerhead(2k3)

Last edited by slingtheory; 11-13-2017 at 12:24 PM.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:21 PM   #16
ChosenOne
Banned

Admittedly, I did forget Baxter Stockman (human with tech and Mousers as backup) while coming up with the list. I would maybe swap him out with Bishop and make the latter DLC.

Speaking of, I do like the idea of making Slash a DLC character. Would sell well for sure. Mondo Gecko would be an interesting addition to the DLC pack(s) too.

As for Alopex, there aren't that many female fighters in the franchise to pick from for the sake of variety and she would play differently enough from everyone else, what with the animal traits, the speed and the kama.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #17
sdp
-

In order:

1)Rabbids
2)Aska
3)Sisyphus
4)Utrominator
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:07 PM   #18
MrTrikey
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
With the recent news of the TMNT's inclusion in Injustice 2, and given what that may mean for the franchise's future forays into the world of video games, let's imagine for a moment that NetherRealm Studios decide to take it one step further and announce that their next project is a TMNT-exclusive fighting game with a similar engine to MK and Injustice, to be released in the next few years.

What would your dream roster for such a game be like? How many characters would you like to get right out of the gate, and how many for DLC?

Here's my own list:

Starting Roster
01. Alopex
02. Bebop
03. Bishop
04. Casey Jones
05. Donatello
06. General Traag
07. Hun
08. Karai
09. Krang
10. Leatherhead
11. Leonardo
12. Metalhead
13. Michelangelo
14. Raphael
15. Rat King
16. Renet
17. Rocksteady
18. Savanti Romero
19. Shredder
20. Slash
21. Splinter
22. Zog

DLC Characters
23. Armaggon
24. Mona Lisa
25. Usagi
(26. ?)

I tried to keep it all-inclusive, with a little bit of every major iteration of the franchise, all the big fan-favorites, and the condition that every character picked had to have been featured in at least two incarnations so far (which excludes Old Hob, for instance).

I look forward to reading everyone else's input and reasoning for their choices!
I really like your list (and not just because Zog's on it, either)!

Though...being realistic, I'd probably say WB/Netherrealm would definitely only give us like 18-20 for the first iteration. The rest would be spread over DLC seasons!
Old 11-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #19
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrikey View Post
I really like your list (and not just because Zog's on it, either)!

Though...being realistic, I'd probably say WB/Netherrealm would definitely only give us like 18-20 for the first iteration. The rest would be spread over DLC seasons!
Well, if we're to give an all-inclusive feel to the roster, a Triceraton is mandatory! I agree, though, 20 starting characters or just under that is the most likely situation. And if there's DLC, Usagi will definitely be one. (If I seem to be talking like I believe this game to be an inevitability, it's because I do.)
Old 11-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #20
MrTrikey
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
(If I seem to be talking like I believe this game to be an inevitability, it's because I do.)
Wellllllll, stranger things have happened in this industry~!

Though, honestly, TMNT has needed a stronger presence in the console space for the longest. It's a pity that Activision and P*'s game fell flat on its face, and otherwise, there really isn't much else there besides whatever shovelware that went along with the (now) most recent toon and movies.

I can only hope that the guys' appearance in Injustice 2, as well as the continued Batman crossovers, is a sign that perhaps Viacom/Nick is willing to co-op with WB in getting some quality games out there. Because if nothing else, WB at least has a pretty competent gaming division, and their wares end up being critical and commercial hits, as well.

Getting NRS for a fighter, or maybe that long-seated pipedream of getting Rocksteady to give the boys and their world the "Arkham" treatment...oh, to think of it~!