The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #81
nickn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Seeing Lawson's art really makes the pain of waiting for a Volume 4 conclusion, (if it ever happens), much more real.

Despite all the complaining people did about Vol. 4 back in the day, I really do miss it, even with the bizarre plotlines from PL and Lawson's art. I guess its true what they say, that you never know what you have until its gone.
I know I'm a bit out of the news loop on some turtles stuff, but didn't Peter keep the rights to make a small amount of comics a year still? or did he just end up selling it off without any kind of stuff like that. I have no read interviews or know the deal, but I assume if he does have said rights, hes just burnt out and sick of it all?
nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #82
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

That's exactly it. He has the rights to do it, but he has decided to not exercise those rights.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #83
nickn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That's exactly it. He has the rights to do it, but he has decided to not exercise those rights.
I wonder what would upset him so much, that he has the rights to finish his final volume, but just don't want to... I'm not judging the guy, I love him and Kevin for what they BOTH gave us. But it kinda feels like a famous painting, that has 1/4th of it just missing.

I hope he finishes it one day, and gets back on track. I would love for him to exercise his rights, to all those comics a year. I would buy each and every one of them in support of him. Maybe it's just being burnt out, who knows. Like I said I didn't really dig deep into it, or look for interviews or anything.

I'm really looking forward to everything Kevin is doing with IDW, and for his fans. I think quite a few of these artists that have done huge amounts of issues and arcs really are the heartbeat of the turtles, and most of them are so very very good to there fans. I wish there was a way for everyone to be able to Thank them all for there work.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
Then does this mean it takes place before he kills complete carnage?
That particular panel would be before. But the "present day" Leo in the story is after "Swan Song."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #85
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

nickn, I think just being involved with almost every aspect of the franchise 24-7 was what did it. After a year or so of peace, free from the riggers of TMNT (then again he sold in what, 2009...so what do I know) maybe he'll get the jones again.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #86
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
nickn, I think just being involved with almost every aspect of the franchise 24-7 was what did it. After a year or so of peace, free from the riggers of TMNT (then again he sold in what, 2009...so what do I know) maybe he'll get the jones again.
Peter Laird mentioned in his blog that the next issue may see completion by the end of this year, so that's a good sign.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #87
Lampy
Stone Warrior

I truly hope so... That last panel in #31 with Splinter has me curious.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #88
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The Karai-Casey thing interests me the most, personally. That, and where Mike's story ultimately goes.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #89
nickn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
prettymuch what I expected. Oh well I hope that he does finish it, or maybe team with with IDW or Kevin one day for something special.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #90
Lampy
Stone Warrior

Oh yes. Mikey's been flying solo for quite a few issues now, and that's been years real time. I'm interested in that story as well.
This also brings me back to CyberCubed's comment on seeing Lawson's art making the wait that much more real.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #91
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Peter Laird mentioned in his blog that the next issue may see completion by the end of this year, so that's a good sign.
Link please? I called myself looking for it in the comments on both his blogs but didn't spot it.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #92
CyberCubed
Overlord

IIRC wasn't there one more Vol. 4 issue that was pretty much finished except for tones, that PL simply didn't post online yet? I think that's what he may be referring to.

Because obviously PL/Jim Lawson aren't working on any NEW Vol. 4 issues....but I think there might be one we never saw that was just sitting around...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Right. #32 is pretty much in the can, it just needs to be lettered and stuff and just... you know, released (be it on Peter's blog again, or whatnot).

It strikes me as a big shame that there's an issue's worth of volume 4 pages sitting there for a year now, languishing. But I understand the reasons why it's not being shepherded out there for you and I to check out... and I get that they're none of my business.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-10-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #94
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

that should be issue #32 actually that is almost completely done and lying in wait...#31 was published online some time ago...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #95
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

Yeah Andrew I'm still looking forward to this.

Whatever happened to your Predator crossover?
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #96
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
Whatever happened to your Predator crossover?
The guy stopped drawing it. And I stopped worrying about it. Eventually, though.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #97
Jephael
That whack job behind you

That's the nature of story telling. Some ideas never see the light of day for one reason or another. As far as this Oddyssey comic is concerned though, I am definitly looking forward to reading it when it comes out!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #98
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Link please? I called myself looking for it in the comments on both his blogs but didn't spot it.
This is from Peter's TMNT blog from his latest Ask PL.

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....79148810585926

It may or may not happen, but the fact that he even brings it up as a possibility is a good sign, I think.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #99
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

hey, one question:I noticed there are several things in the trailer that I don't know much about or that I have never come across in my tmnt comics, does one need to research before reading oddysey to understand everything or is this book written so that you get to know everything that is of relevance for this particular story in the adventure itself and any background knowledge of other characters or things in it only adds to the pleasure?(much like usagi yojimbo comics)...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #100
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

For what it's worth, most of my knowledge of TMNT comics is second-hand, and I didn't have a problem following. Andrew keeps track of everything and has footnotes when events from specific issues are referenced in the dialog, so you can look them up later if you're curious. There's also a few visual things that have more meaning if you know the background, but it doesn't get in the way of the storytelling.

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote