The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #141
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Hey I don't know if this falls under the Writer's Corner material, but I did attempt an outline of making a Spider-Man movie based on a Youtube comment I made. Either way, new addition to the Mutant's Museum of Writing. So if making a Spider-Man movie, here's an idea:

Peter's origin as Spider-Man has already occurred and told through consistent flashbacks so the movie isn't weighed down reestablishing the origin everyone knows by heart. In either a late high school or early college setting, the audience is slowly introduced to Gwen and Harry respectively; in addition, we meet a fellow student rivaling Peter's smarts. Both are studying respective science fields until the fateful day where Peter is bitten, causing their relationship to decline. The student might end up accidentally coming into contact with a freak accident involving bees, destroying his physical appearance and shattering some of his mental mind.

As the story progresses, Peter is still juggling his life since the bite with Uncle Ben's death and being unable to concentrate in school. Pete's friend is also juggling since the end has come to his blown off appearance, making him feel unwanted and trying to live a better life. Then "Swarm" meets this new Spider-Man one night and at first it seems their relationship is light-hearted and engaging, shedding their respective demons in action. As they keep fighting crime though, "Swarm" begins to lose his mind either with Spider-Man on what he does or from the Daily Bugle to introduce it.

Introducing an old and near obscure villain might make for interesting material compared to the Spider-Man villains we have come to know. If proper actions are taken, you can introduce not only a good majority of the universe, but also older villains (Swarm as the main and the Spider-Slayers minor) to set it up and proceed onward. Then overtime, the eventual Sinister Six can be made somehow and the universe is entirely complete. Honestly, starting small with a near unknown rogue in Spidey's gallery before going into the iconic names might be the way to go. With a proper setup and dramatics, Swarm I might see being a decent villain in a Spider-Man film starting a new series.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #142
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Took a few days off after finishing Chapter 4. Just had a couple more brilliant ideas and am trying to plot out the next few chapters.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #143
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Hey I don't know if this falls under the Writer's Corner material, but I did attempt an outline of making a Spider-Man movie based on a Youtube comment I made. Either way, new addition to the Mutant's Museum of Writing. So if making a Spider-Man movie, here's an idea:

Peter's origin as Spider-Man has already occurred and told through consistent flashbacks so the movie isn't weighed down reestablishing the origin everyone knows by heart. In either a late high school or early college setting, the audience is slowly introduced to Gwen and Harry respectively; in addition, we meet a fellow student rivaling Peter's smarts. Both are studying respective science fields until the fateful day where Peter is bitten, causing their relationship to decline. The student might end up accidentally coming into contact with a freak accident involving bees, destroying his physical appearance and shattering some of his mental mind.

As the story progresses, Peter is still juggling his life since the bite with Uncle Ben's death and being unable to concentrate in school. Pete's friend is also juggling since the end has come to his blown off appearance, making him feel unwanted and trying to live a better life. Then "Swarm" meets this new Spider-Man one night and at first it seems their relationship is light-hearted and engaging, shedding their respective demons in action. As they keep fighting crime though, "Swarm" begins to lose his mind either with Spider-Man on what he does or from the Daily Bugle to introduce it.

Introducing an old and near obscure villain might make for interesting material compared to the Spider-Man villains we have come to know. If proper actions are taken, you can introduce not only a good majority of the universe, but also older villains (Swarm as the main and the Spider-Slayers minor) to set it up and proceed onward. Then overtime, the eventual Sinister Six can be made somehow and the universe is entirely complete. Honestly, starting small with a near unknown rogue in Spidey's gallery before going into the iconic names might be the way to go. With a proper setup and dramatics, Swarm I might see being a decent villain in a Spider-Man film starting a new series.

Unfortunately, speaking as a long-time Spidey fan who is actually familiar with most of his villains, Swarm is one that even I wouldn't care to see on film. There are plenty of other villains who would be much better suited to a movie. Vulture, Chameleon, and Mysterio being among the most interesting and bankable. Truthfully, outside the iconic villains, most of the general public wouldn't know or care enough about the more obscure villains to want to see a movie based around them. Perhaps you could change it to someone like Kraven, Hammerhead, Silvermane, The Enforcers, or Scorpion and it would fare better. We still have yet to see Black Cat, Diamondback, or Silver Sable, as well, so a couple of female "villains" could be a breath of fresh air, too. In fact, if you wanted to tie it into the DD universe, the Enforcers and Silvermane would be a good way to go, since it would naturally lead into Kingpin and other Mob heavy-hitters.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:41 PM   #144
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Given a choice between going to bed early or writing, I will always ALWAYS write.

Added five more pages to my novel. They're pretty badass, if I may say so myself. Writing a book where literally every single character hates everyone else is incredibly entertaining and quite unlike anything I've ever done before.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #145
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Let the writing force flow through you.... I'm working on my TMNT Christmas tale. Contains a few spoilers for LIS, but at this point in the narrative, I think it's okay to give a few hints to the ending. (Or IS it the end? I've been planning a sequel, which will pick up a few months after LIS leaves off.)

Old 12-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #146
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Wrote a great page of one character briefing the rest of the team on a target... except that's not the next target I want to do. So extracted it to the notes document and now need to write a briefing on a different target.

Ah well; enjoying myself.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #147
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Unfortunately, speaking as a long-time Spidey fan who is actually familiar with most of his villains, Swarm is one that even I wouldn't care to see on film. There are plenty of other villains who would be much better suited to a movie. Vulture, Chameleon, and Mysterio being among the most interesting and bankable. Truthfully, outside the iconic villains, most of the general public wouldn't know or care enough about the more obscure villains to want to see a movie based around them. Perhaps you could change it to someone like Kraven, Hammerhead, Silvermane, The Enforcers, or Scorpion and it would fare better. We still have yet to see Black Cat, Diamondback, or Silver Sable, as well, so a couple of female "villains" could be a breath of fresh air, too. In fact, if you wanted to tie it into the DD universe, the Enforcers and Silvermane would be a good way to go, since it would naturally lead into Kingpin and other Mob heavy-hitters.
Yeah, I do see the issue Duckie. Swarm's always been a villain I've liked in recent years; odds of him being a villain are almost nonexistent. Speaking of which I did think of a list I'd be all for villain wise (I'd rather Black Cat be an anti-hero though)

10. The Spider-Slayers
9. Silver Sable
8. Prowler
7. Beetle
6. Jackal
5. Mysterio/Chameleon
4. Hobgoblin
3. Scorpion
2. Kraven (my favorite Spider-Man villain)
1. Kingpin/Tombstone (if they make Tombstone like Spectacular that is)

The Vulture I'd also wish on, but rather he be established in a movie as a supporting character first. Same goes for Kraven, both would benefit from Spider-Man going into a sequel before using them mostly Kraven though. I'm not familiar with Spider-Man comics but I do know a lot of the mythos of him; might need some help knowing more on him comic wise as I do want to make a Spider-Man movie one day.

Now, for new stories I'll be interested in seeing what you and Cy have planned respectively. Mostly now I'm trying to improve an old story I thought of called Dare to Dream? Problem is with all my previous stories back in elementary and junior high were all of them being more video game styled; to me it really hurt everything way too much.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #148
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Yeah, I do see the issue Duckie. Swarm's always been a villain I've liked in recent years; odds of him being a villain are almost nonexistent. Speaking of which I did think of a list I'd be all for villain wise (I'd rather Black Cat be an anti-hero though)

10. The Spider-Slayers
9. Silver Sable
8. Prowler
7. Beetle
6. Jackal
5. Mysterio/Chameleon
4. Hobgoblin
3. Scorpion
2. Kraven (my favorite Spider-Man villain)
1. Kingpin/Tombstone (if they make Tombstone like Spectacular that is)

The Vulture I'd also wish on, but rather he be established in a movie as a supporting character first. Same goes for Kraven, both would benefit from Spider-Man going into a sequel before using them mostly Kraven though. I'm not familiar with Spider-Man comics but I do know a lot of the mythos of him; might need some help knowing more on him comic wise as I do want to make a Spider-Man movie one day.

Now, for new stories I'll be interested in seeing what you and Cy have planned respectively. Mostly now I'm trying to improve an old story I thought of called Dare to Dream? Problem is with all my previous stories back in elementary and junior high were all of them being more video game styled; to me it really hurt everything way too much.

Dare to Dream sounds interesting... what's the basic concept? Or genre?

As long as we're discussing our own idealized CBM franchises, I always thought the ideal next Batman film series should focus on the sidekicks and their relationship to Bruce.

1. Featuring Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Black Mask, and Hugo Strange; loose adaptation of "Prey."
2. Jason Todd, Joker, Harley Quinn; adapting "Mad Love", "Killing Joke", and "A Death in the Family."
3. Tim Drake, Hush, Riddler, Jason Todd; "Hush" and "Under the Hood."
4. Stephanie Brown, Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow; "War Games."
5. Damian Wayne, Talia al Ghul, R'as al Ghul; "Son of the Demon", "Batman and Son."
Old 12-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #149
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Hmm, my ideal Marvel movie-verse would focus on some of the major events of the past, but in chonological order. I'd start with a FF movie featuring Doom, a Spidey- movie with either Ock or Electro (with Vulture as a side character) and an Iron Man flick with Mandarin(the REAL one). Follow that with Green Goblin and introduce Hulk in Spidey, Namor in FF, and a movie about Captain America with Hydra and Red Skull, but stays more accurate to the books, especially with Bucky. IM 2 would feature Falcon, with Stane as the villain (who's been working in the background previously, but only as a side character). Then we bring the mutants in with X-Men (the REAL "first class" with Beast, Cyc, Jean, Ice-Man, and Angel) vs. Magneto and follow with Thor against Enchantress (with Loki behind the scenes) and then do Avengers by bringing Hulk in again as a threat(he would join by the end), using Thor and the others already introduced, and have Spidey as a cameo. That would be the first round of films.

Next would jump ahead a bit, with Spidey going against Vulture and Sandman. Meanwhile, Namor would return to warn that Tiger shark and Namor's own uncle have taken over his kingdom, asking for help from the humans, namely the FF. Thor discovers Loki's involvement during a dark elf uprising, and Iron-Man adds War Machine and Black Widow to fight AIM trying to take over Tony's tech using MODOK. Then I'd have another X-Men film that intros Storm and Wolverine and has Mr. Sinister and the Mutates in the Savage Land, and CA2 bringing Cap up to date with Winter Soldier, then adding Cap, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to the Avengers to defeat a Skrull invasion (REAL Skrulls, culminating in a fight with Super Skrull). Hulk would leave the Avengers for a while, only to end up facing Abomination.

In round three, FF would introduce Silver Surfer (but leave Galactus for the big threat later), with Silver Surfer as an ally this time around, and Spidey getting Mysterio and Chameleon, Thor facing Hela and her demons, and Iron-Man would get Extremis and the Iron Legion as enemies. Cap would be a full time Avenger at this point, and Black Widow would join, along with Ant-Man(Pym) and Wasp, which would bring in Ultron. Ultron creates Vision, but Vision has Ant-Man's moral compass and turns on him. X-Men would face the Hellfire Club, and bring in Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, and Dazzler. This would start the Phoenix Saga for them, as Emma Frost and Mastermind try to subvert Jean. Beast would have turned furry at this point. We'd also get movies for Black Panther, Deadpool, and Guardians of the Galaxy, with Nova as a member in addition to the ones we saw in the last GotG film. Skrulls would play a major threat in this, using Earth in a tug-of-war with the Kree.

Then we'd go into Galactus in FF, the Phoenix Saga proper with the Shi'ar and M'kron Crystal, and Spidey finally gets the Sinister Six. Avengers would now have to face a returned Hydra AND AIM, causing SHIELD to be temporarily moved to space as SWORD, and we'd have Cap and Iron-Man beginning to disagree, while Scarlet Witch and Vision become close. This would also introduce Ms. Marvel to help defeat the insidious threat. Hulk would end up creating Leader by accident, while Thor becomes king when Odin is killed by Loki, and must also fight off Frost Giants. Also, we'd finally get Dr. Strange and Baron Mordo.

The next round would deal with Wanda's instability following a battle against Ulron again, where Vision "dies" and she goes insane and tears the team apart, only to be taken by Dr. Strange to heal her. During this, we'd get Spidey's battle against The Queen and his transformation into the Man-Spider, the FF fending off the Fearsome Five, who have cropped up as a project of AIM, and we'd get our Dark Phoenix movie. Hulk would save Jennifer, only to have her become She-Hulk, and together they would face Red Hulk. With the heroes of Earth in disarray, we'd FINALLY get our first hints of Thanos and the Infinity War, as the Infinity Stones pop up throughout the movies of this and the previous round.

The events of the previous phase would lead to the Registration Act, which would polarize the Avengers and everyone else, tearing the FF in half, Spidey would side with IM after Tony convinces him to go public, and Cap would be declared a fugitive, while the X-Men face the threat of M-Day, due to Scarlet Witch's continued instability. This would also cause Emma Frost to leave Hellfire Club and join the X-Men, consoling a grieving Scott after JEan's death as Dark Phoenix. Meanwhile, Hulk would be declared too dangerous to remain on Earth by the Illuminati (who have been meeting in secret for the past three rounds), and get sent off to start "Planet Hulk". Thanos would declare war on Earth in the midst of the chaos, thus ending the Civil War that spans the entire movie-verse and bringing everyone back together at last. The resulting Infinity War would end it all!

Old 12-13-2015, 07:17 PM   #150
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Hmm, my ideal Marvel movie-verse would focus on some of the major events of the past, but in chonological order. I'd start with a FF movie featuring Doom, a Spidey- movie with either Ock or Electro (with Vulture as a side character) and an Iron Man flick with Mandarin(the REAL one). Follow that with Green Goblin and introduce Hulk in Spidey, Namor in FF, and a movie about Captain America with Hydra and Red Skull, but stays more accurate to the books, especially with Bucky. IM 2 would feature Falcon, with Stane as the villain (who's been working in the background previously, but only as a side character). Then we bring the mutants in with X-Men (the REAL "first class" with Beast, Cyc, Jean, Ice-Man, and Angel) vs. Magneto and follow with Thor against Enchantress (with Loki behind the scenes) and then do Avengers by bringing Hulk in again as a threat(he would join by the end), using Thor and the others already introduced, and have Spidey as a cameo. That would be the first round of films.

Next would jump ahead a bit, with Spidey going against Vulture and Sandman. Meanwhile, Namor would return to warn that Tiger shark and Namor's own uncle have taken over his kingdom, asking for help from the humans, namely the FF. Thor discovers Loki's involvement during a dark elf uprising, and Iron-Man adds War Machine and Black Widow to fight AIM trying to take over Tony's tech using MODOK. Then I'd have another X-Men film that intros Storm and Wolverine and has Mr. Sinister and the Mutates in the Savage Land, and CA2 bringing Cap up to date with Winter Soldier, then adding Cap, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to the Avengers to defeat a Skrull invasion (REAL Skrulls, culminating in a fight with Super Skrull). Hulk would leave the Avengers for a while, only to end up facing Abomination.

In round three, FF would introduce Silver Surfer (but leave Galactus for the big threat later), with Silver Surfer as an ally this time around, and Spidey getting Mysterio and Chameleon, Thor facing Hela and her demons, and Iron-Man would get Extremis and the Iron Legion as enemies. Cap would be a full time Avenger at this point, and Black Widow would join, along with Ant-Man(Pym) and Wasp, which would bring in Ultron. Ultron creates Vision, but Vision has Ant-Man's moral compass and turns on him. X-Men would face the Hellfire Club, and bring in Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, and Dazzler. This would start the Phoenix Saga for them, as Emma Frost and Mastermind try to subvert Jean. Beast would have turned furry at this point. We'd also get movies for Black Panther, Deadpool, and Guardians of the Galaxy, with Nova as a member in addition to the ones we saw in the last GotG film. Skrulls would play a major threat in this, using Earth in a tug-of-war with the Kree.

Then we'd go into Galactus in FF, the Phoenix Saga proper with the Shi'ar and M'kron Crystal, and Spidey finally gets the Sinister Six. Avengers would now have to face a returned Hydra AND AIM, causing SHIELD to be temporarily moved to space as SWORD, and we'd have Cap and Iron-Man beginning to disagree, while Scarlet Witch and Vision become close. This would also introduce Ms. Marvel to help defeat the insidious threat. Hulk would end up creating Leader by accident, while Thor becomes king when Odin is killed by Loki, and must also fight off Frost Giants. Also, we'd finally get Dr. Strange and Baron Mordo.

The next round would deal with Wanda's instability following a battle against Ulron again, where Vision "dies" and she goes insane and tears the team apart, only to be taken by Dr. Strange to heal her. During this, we'd get Spidey's battle against The Queen and his transformation into the Man-Spider, the FF fending off the Fearsome Five, who have cropped up as a project of AIM, and we'd get our Dark Phoenix movie. Hulk would save Jennifer, only to have her become She-Hulk, and together they would face Red Hulk. With the heroes of Earth in disarray, we'd FINALLY get our first hints of Thanos and the Infinity War, as the Infinity Stones pop up throughout the movies of this and the previous round.

The events of the previous phase would lead to the Registration Act, which would polarize the Avengers and everyone else, tearing the FF in half, Spidey would side with IM after Tony convinces him to go public, and Cap would be declared a fugitive, while the X-Men face the threat of M-Day, due to Scarlet Witch's continued instability. This would also cause Emma Frost to leave Hellfire Club and join the X-Men, consoling a grieving Scott after JEan's death as Dark Phoenix. Meanwhile, Hulk would be declared too dangerous to remain on Earth by the Illuminati (who have been meeting in secret for the past three rounds), and get sent off to start "Planet Hulk". Thanos would declare war on Earth in the midst of the chaos, thus ending the Civil War that spans the entire movie-verse and bringing everyone back together at last. The resulting Infinity War would end it all!
Duckie, I LOVE your MCU. Please, blackmail or bribe whoever you can to make it happen!
Old 12-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #151
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Whew! That was a huge post! But, to answer your post, GM, Black Cat and silver Sable would both work best as Spidey's team-up allies in a movie, much like in the comics themselves. Same goes for Prowler. He is actually a good guy, who just happened to get into a misunderstanding with Spidey in his first appearance.

As for new story ideas, I've currently got several TMNT fics in the works, including a holiday tale, my long-running "main" story LIS, and the next chapter of my Gargoyles crossover.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #152
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Finished the chapter I've been working on all weekend; a lot of angry people trapped in a briefing, blaming each other for the previous mission, and just all around being assholes.

Need to think about the next chapter before I start typing it up, as the POV shifts and it's all subterfuge and piracy. Gonna be fun.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #153
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Duckie, I LOVE your MCU. Please, blackmail or bribe whoever you can to make it happen!

Thanks! See, all it takes is a little tweaking to make the comics work on the big screen, and much of the larger stuff can be seeded into earlier films. The only thing I really have "out of order" in the chronology is the Infinity War, but as it's probably THE biggest event in the MU EVER, I think it works better as the endgame. And all the other stuff could just build up, so that by the time you get to Civil War, you actually HAVE all the major players introduced and in play already, and it would be a bigger and more epic event. Obviously, I'd touch on the events with the New Warriors and the Stanford Disaster as the catalyst for Civil War, along with Hulk and some of the other bits. That event though, would probably happen as background (or off-screen) during either the FF, Hulk, or Spidey film in the next-to-last phase. Possibly even mentioned in the Dark Phoenix movie, or heck, maybe it would get a brief mention in ALL of them, just because it would make them all pause for a moment in the midst of their own problems to realize they can't fix everything or be everywhere at once.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:16 AM   #154
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Just had an idea to tie Darkwater into my side plot with Bishop and the EPF for my LIS sequel. I was thinking it could be a secret project Bishop is working on for the government, hence why he wants to study the turtles. I could include Dirk Savage as an agent/black-ops hunter for the project, collecting mutants, aliens, and other anomalies for Bishop. Any thoughts?

Old 12-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #155
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Just had an idea to tie Darkwater into my side plot with Bishop and the EPF for my LIS sequel. I was thinking it could be a secret project Bishop is working on for the government, hence why he wants to study the turtles. I could include Dirk Savage as an agent/black-ops hunter for the project, collecting mutants, aliens, and other anomalies for Bishop. Any thoughts?
Go for it.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #156
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Y'know if I work this right, I can tie it to the Mutanimals idea I had earlier, by having them be some of the captive mutants Bishop was experimenting on- this could include Alopex, Mondo, Tiger Claw and/or Hob, and Man-Ray. Maybe even Rockwell! I'm thinking they could have been "failed" test subjects of Shredder's playing with the mutagen, along with some of the other Archie and Nick mutants.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #157
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

So I've posted RP posts of mine here before [or maybe it was just that one time, I can't remember] but I come once again bearing RP writing I've done. This time... it's a really long log shared with a friend of mine, but I'm proud of many of my posts in it.

I don't really expect anybody to go through the whole thing, since some of the context takes place in a bigger RP, but I like it enough to share, so here it is:

http://pastebin.com/H1t0yXWg
This log has MAJOR spoilers for Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies [mostly warning for Gold] and further on down it gets pretty violent. Uh, how do I content warn for repeated electrocutions? :V

It's so big I couldn't put it in a single post here, and I didn't want to post like five times in a row. Sucks because it's BBCode formatted and Pastebin doesn't support that, oh well.

My character is Simon Blackquill here. Yes, this is what I spend a lot of my non-Drome time doing. Check the timestamps on that ****.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #158
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

So I've got the opening to my LIS sequel started, and just thought I'd get some early feedback. The working title for the story is "Family Matters", but I'm thinking of changing it to something more fitting.

Warning: This excerpt contains a few spoilers for the ending of LIS, including a surprising development regarding the OC....

Spoiler:
Chapter 1: A New Beginning

There’s no such thing as “happily ever after”. I should know. Anyone who tells you that life is all peaches and cream once the villains have been stopped and the boy gets the girl is WRONG. It’s not. See, that’s really just the beginning. Especially when you’ve been adopted into a clan of mutant ninjas. The REAL challenge comes afterward, when you’re juggling a career as a rookie news reporter, a home life with a mate who spends most of his time as a giant turtle (and the rest starting up a career as a professional skateboarder), while moonlighting as a gang-busting vigilante. Okay, I know it’s not a nice word, but it is what it is. Oh yes, and I almost forgot to mention the part about having not one but FOUR new lives on the way.
Things were going great for the first couple of months after the boys had taken Donnie’s formula. Leo intensified their training, saying that they had to be just as good without their mutant abilities as they were WITH them, in case they needed to get out of a bad situation and couldn’t risk changing. I suppose it makes tactical sense. There were some grumbles from the others at first, mostly regarding the ungodly amount of time devoted to getting their human bodies into as close to the same fighting shape as they were while in their “true” shape. We had quickly learned that while I couldn’t hold a candle to them physically as mutants, we were on almost equal footing when it came to sparring with them as humans. In other words, they needed to learn their new limitations and advantages in the alternate form.
It was also during the first couple of months after the “Upgrade” (as Donnie jokingly put it) that I discovered the “good’ news. Mikey was, of course, ecstatic. I wasn’t so sure, given that Donatello had already discovered a few anomalies about their human form already. Such as the fact that while almost everything else changed completely, their eyes never did. In Don and Leo’s case, it wasn’t too noticeable, but with Raph, especially, it was a HUGE tip-off that something wasn’t quite normal. He still had the same almost golden amber eyes, and Mikey’s darker honey-gold ones weren’t exactly unnoticeable, either. They ended up having to wear contact lenses to hide the unusual color and iris shape. They complained about the inconvenience, but it was a small price to pay for keeping their secret.
The other thing that worried me was when Donnie discovered that they retained the mutant DNA in their, er, “man-bits” for nearly six hours after shifting to human. Basically, it meant that their seed was still that of a mutant for the first few hours, so any carnal activities during that time ran the risk of either conceiving something deformed and unviable (or even dangerous to its own mother), or of being utterly incompatible and incapable of creating any offspring at all. It would have been nice to know that BEFORE I found out I was expecting. Needless to say, Don was keeping a VERY close eye on the progress.
It wasn’t until three months after he had begun working on the formula that Don finally came up with a version that allowed for a fully controlled and long-term change. Essentially, it made it possible for someone to shift at will, and for as long as desired. That was the version that he gave to Mona Lisa, giving her the best of both worlds. However, since the boys had already taken his first attempt, it was deemed to risky to try using the new version on top of it. There was no way of knowing how the two would interact.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:08 PM   #159
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Wow, it turns out I've knocked out ~25 pages in one week. This has been a GOOD week.

Those 25 pages made up two chapters, starring a woman as psychotic and murderous as she is physically attractive, a lumbering reptilian who serves as the team's WMD, a boasting lustful and competitive rogue, and a woman who can change her skin and appearance. They killed a LOT of people.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:47 AM   #160
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm trying to develop my own TMNT universe, which while mostly influenced by IDW, also plucks from other versions as well, then trying to have some touches of my own. Mostly it's a mix of the big four. Mirage&Image/Fred Wolf/4kids/Nick. The most I have straightened out is the first few "episodes". The origin, meeting of Casey and April, MOUSERS, and TCRI.

Not even sure if I can write it down the way I want to.

Spoiler:

In the 1990’s, Oroku Saki and Hamato Yoshi are high-ranking members of the Foot Clan, serving as guardians of the Utroms who have set up a colony base on Earth. To Saki’s dismay, his friend Yoshi is starting to set his heart away from the way they had been raised, toward the affection of a scientist named Tang Shen, who works alongside the Utroms in their science facility, Techno Cosmic Research Institute.
Before Shen is relocated from the Tokyo TCRI base to the one in Manhattan, Yoshi marries her and goes with her to America. Enraged by the cultural betrayal, Saki goes after Yoshi incognito and attacks him in his home.

At the time, Yoshi and Shen had four turtles, three rats, and a cat alongside their infant daughter. At the same time, Shen had brought home some ooze from her lab in hopes of examining it outside a lab environment – a study she and the other scientists knew was a costly risk.
In Saki’s attack, the ooze was spilled on the cat and one of the rats.
As the rat escaped, it climbed over Yoshi and mutated him as he rescued the turtles (at Shen’s demand while she tried to rescue the baby), who mutated in turn.

Saki left them, believing they were dead. Yoshi, mutated into a rat-like form and with four small humanoid turtle toddlers, was unable to find Shen, their daughter Miwa, or even their cat. With lost hope, he took the four turtles and looked to aid in his first American friends – the Jones family, who ran a restaurant above where a speakeasy used to be in the sewers during prohibition.

To his relief, they agreed to help him set up a hiding place in the speakeasy, where they spent the next twelve years. During that time, Yoshi took on the name Splinter to better hide himself from Saki if he ever started to believe he had not succeeded, and retained the names that Shen had given their turtles. In the absence of his daughter, he treated them as his sons, and watched them blossom into skillful martial artists and fine young boys despite their only friends being Casey Jones and his sister Angel.

Aside from their usual roles as leader, does machines, tough guy, and party dude, their traits are history buff, sci-fi dork, knitting king, and master chef wannabe.
Leonardo – Could have been an AP history student had he been in public school. He particularly favors Japanese history, and typically pries at Splinter for knowledge about traditions – especially the ones that have stuck through the ages. He is learning brush painting from Splinter, and has started to fill the lair with a little more color with his finer works. Stamping is his next goal and he dabbles in animation for fun. Mostly stick figures in the corners, with form copied from their martial arts books.
Donatello – Adding to his mechanical prowess, originally taught by Mr. Jones, then from online learning, is a sci-fi nerd, and has succeeded in hooking Leo into the cultures; views the fandom wars between Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Firefly, and so forth extremely dumb and loves them all. All of them. Even the ones that he knows are absolutely terrible. He has figured out metal working and made most of their arsenal himself. With Splinter’s aid at the beginning.
Raphael – A remarkable craftsman, surprising to everyone considering his broody personality. He can knit a king-sized blanket in a week, and hand-stitch a quilt in three. Learning to use a sewing machine from Mrs. Jones – it’s his philosophy that he’ll need it. It comes in handy if Donatello has made something that will require some kind of fabric or leather covering.
Michelangelo – Learned to cook from Mr. Jones, a professional chef; he favors making pizza because it’s the most fun, but he’ll still make other things. He is the type of cook who will smack wrists with a spatula if someone so much as dares try to snitch a slice of sausage off the tray before he’s finished cooking. Usually it’s Raphael.
(Donatello and Raphael have more bandaging on their hands and fingers than Leonardo and Michelangelo, considering that their hobbies add more cuts and callouses than normal with their training.)

April O’Neil comes into the picture when she goes to New York for college. She moves in with her maternal aunt, Irma Langstine, who is neighbors with the Jones family, and starts to make uneasy friends with the rough and tumble Casey, who disappears into the sewers frequently at night. Angel refuses to say a word about it. In time, fearing he was doing/buying/selling drugs, followed him down, only to find something completely different than what she was expecting – though she did expect the speakeasy. At the same time, Baxter Stockman, a teacher at April’s tech school (but not one of her own) has developed the MOUSERs in hopes of solving Manhattan’s rat problem. The first version track by heat and by weight. As such, they happen upon Splinter by chance rather than as a deliberate attack. However, since Oroku Saki funded the projected, it was through the MOUSERs that he realized Hamato Yoshi had not died.

In typical form, the turtles fled the sewer with Casey and April, and Splinter got lost in their dust. They eventually track him down the Manhattan TCRI, and break into the lower levels, where they discover the aliens running the place. They also meet Oroku Saki as the Shredder for the first time, who learns of their identities, as well as the identity of the enormous man-rat in stasis. In their effort to rescue Splinter and protect him from an enraged Shredder, the Manhattan TCRI is destroyed.
With their home in ruins and Splinter in a weakened state, the turtles hide in April’s apartment, where Irma meets them for the first time – to her shock and horror.

Meanwhile, Shredder has to explain to the leader of the Utroms why he allowed one of their buildings to be destroyed by mutated teenagers, risking their cover. Krang comes close to stripping Shredder of his rank as as a sole warning to his life, only to change his mind at the last moment when he learns his chief scientist Xeinos is missing. He sends Shredder to find her as quickly as possible in order to redeem himself. She is too valuable to lose.

I still need to work on the rest, but there are still other ideas past this. Somehow, I struggle to find a place for the Triceratons and Purple Dragons?

They haven't quite learned what ooze/mutagen is yet, besides that it mutated them.

And yeah, I pulled the "these characters are related card"; I don't even know where I got the idea for Irma being April's aunt...I just thought it would be a sweet concept.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 01-03-2016 at 01:15 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote