The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-06-2017, 06:18 AM   #21
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I had to have Storage Shell Michelangelo. He stood out to me in the commercial more than any of the others and Raphael was my favorite. The sickle really hooked me.
The artwork on the storage shell packages is awesome. I love the figures' expressions, too.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #22
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Sometimes I would buy a figure just because of their accessories.

I got both Sgt Bananas and Napoleon Bonafrog because of Larry the Lemur and Flyboy!

There were other accessories with other figures as well but can't recall them right now.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #23
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Triceraton and Super Shredder are my fave figures; Technodrome is my fave base/vehicle

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:40 AM   #24
Otter
Stone Warrior

I guess my favourites are the only ones I've kept: Raph, Usagi, Triceraton and Sumo Raph (that thing's awesome!).
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:58 AM   #25
Guile
Banned

Undercover Donatello. I love his hat.
Also Sewer Samurai Leonardo, he looks like a cooler version of the TMNT 3 figure.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #26
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I always loved the original Baxter Stockman figure, and the packaging art was awesome too. Another really cool one was Shogun Triceraton.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 12:52 PM   #27
mikey0
Foot Elite

The soft heads, Metalhead, Casey Jones, Leatherhead, and Krang are all favorites of mine. I am warming up to Ace Duck, Baxter Stockman, Usagi Yojimbo, Panda Khan, and Fugitoid.

Last edited by mikey0; 08-18-2020 at 01:08 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #28
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Metalhead, Usagi Yojimbo, Baxter, Ace Duck. Outside the 4 turtles.
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:54 PM   #29
AquaParade
Banned

Had to be Leonardo. As I remember it, the original turtles themselves weren't exactly easy to find back in the mid 90's, so I still remember the day I found a used one in great condition at a goodwill store. My cousin got Super Shredder and we took them home and played in the backyard. I remember feeling disbelief that I had finally found a Leonardo and saying it aloud. Good day.
The trolls were dope too.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:47 PM   #30
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Had to be Leonardo. As I remember it, the original turtles themselves weren't exactly easy to find back in the mid 90's, so I still remember the day I found a used one in great condition at a goodwill store. My cousin got Super Shredder and we took them home and played in the backyard. I remember feeling disbelief that I had finally found a Leonardo and saying it aloud. Good day.
The trolls were dope too.
The last time I remember seeing a reissued Leonardo on the 1991 cardback in stores was in the spring of 1993. I am still in disbelief over Playmates re-releasing the original turtles in the late 90s. The original four and original Shredder are classic toys.

Last edited by mikey0; 08-18-2020 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:09 PM   #31
Bruz
Random Punk

Slash!!!

I?m not collecting the Super7 Ultimates but I may have to make an exception when they get to Slash...
Bruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:36 AM   #32
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Definitely Slash. I can't wait for the Super7 version. I hope they make him huge.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:20 AM   #33
mikey0
Foot Elite

I will probably like Ultimate Slash more than the original Slash. The original Slash with the yellow belly and yellow backwards “s” is my favorite of the Slash variations.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:49 AM   #34
italianice388
Stone Warrior

I loved the weird freak mutants. Ray Fillet was #1 for me. I also loved Wyrm, Sergeant Bananas, Half Court, Merdude, Mondo Gecko, Wingnut, and Doctor El. I also adored the Jim Lee and universal monster variants, as well as the weird **** they started doing closer to the mid 90s with mechs and stuff.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:49 PM   #35
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Sometimes I would buy a figure just because of their accessories.

I got both Sgt Bananas and Napoleon Bonafrog because of Larry the Lemur and Flyboy!

There were other accessories with other figures as well but can't recall them right now.
I like how the figures look with their accessories. The original toyline was definitely a toyline where the accessories made the figure. MOTU figures, G1 Transformers, and GI Joe A Real American Hero all can go without the accessories, but incomplete original TMNT figures are missing play value when you take away the accessories.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:55 AM   #36
Scumbug
Random Punk

As an actual favourite... I honestly can't say, as it changes all the time. I love the 88-90 figures the most.

Based on sculpt alone, Scale Tail impresses me the most, but he'd be at least number 14 on my list as I have no sentimental attachment to the figure or character.
Scumbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #37
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

I'm torn between Muckman and Mondo Gecko, loved them as a kid and still do to this day, they kind of summarize everything I enjoyed about that toy line.

I can't afford to collect the Super7 Ultimates because NECA is draining my wallet, but if they ever get to those two I'll gladly cave in.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:41 PM   #38
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynomics930 View Post
Metalhead, Usagi Yojimbo, Baxter, Ace Duck. Outside the 4 turtles.
My younger cousin once mistook Usagi Yojimbo for a white chocolate easter bunny and bit the ears of Usagi Yojimbo. His father had to purchase a second Usagi. This was in early 1990.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:49 AM   #39
garsh
Foot Soldier

A lot of the responses here really surprise me.

In recent years I've decided I strongly dislike most of the anthro animal mutants other than the turts themselves, just on principle. As I see it, once the world of TMNT gets "polluted" with a bunch of animal people, it's essentially reduced to a Looney Tunes scenario. It's just a whole world populated with upright, talking animal people. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you're into, but it's intensely off-putting to me.

On the other hand, I really love the non-animal mutants. Mutagen Man is probably my single top pick. Muckman and Pizza Face are right up there too.

The first Donatello is probably my favorite turtle figure from back then, due to his dark color scheme, angry triangular eyes, and symmetrical grimace.
garsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #40
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by garsh View Post
A lot of the responses here really surprise me.

In recent years I've decided I strongly dislike most of the anthro animal mutants other than the turts themselves, just on principle. As I see it, once the world of TMNT gets "polluted" with a bunch of animal people, it's essentially reduced to a Looney Tunes scenario. It's just a whole world populated with upright, talking animal people. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you're into, but it's intensely off-putting to me.

On the other hand, I really love the non-animal mutants. Mutagen Man is probably my single top pick. Muckman and Pizza Face are right up there too.

The first Donatello is probably my favorite turtle figure from back then, due to his dark color scheme, angry triangular eyes, and symmetrical grimace.
I would love to see the Looney Tunes character logo with mutants from the original TMNT toyline (especially Usagi). Thank you for the thought.

Last edited by mikey0; 08-22-2020 at 08:52 PM.