The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #41
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punker View Post
also love having Corey Feldman back as the voice of Donatello. I don't know how most people feel about him, considering that it's not really a traditional nerdy Donatello voice, but that was the voice that really stuck to me as Donatello when I was a kid.
Adam Carl is what people expect of Donatello but yeah Corey Feldman is still cool in the role.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #42
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
as bad as the Turtle costumes looked in Pt.3 at least they weren't fighting with yo-yos and baloney.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #43
THGhost
Puppet Master

I swear I posted him here already.

I like TMNT III a lot more OotS. They actually use their weapons and I enjoy the story and fight scenes. It's nowhere near as bad as people say it is.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #44
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
One of the other things I liked about this one was the score. Yoshi's Theme is truly beautiful, and it had some really good songs in the soundtrack as well.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:31 PM   #45
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I stand by my statement that TMNT III would be remembered more fondly if the costumes were still Henson-made.
My point exactly. It's hard to get past how bad the costumes look in this movie. Even watching it as a kid the difference in their appearances was more than obvious, and I was even kinda disappointed with the movie back then, too. It just didn't leave the same impact on me the way the first two films did. Most of the time, it just didn't feel like a TMNT movie.

Some things I did like in the movie though was: some of the fight scenes, Casey Jones returning, the setting being in feudal Japan, the relationship the turtles have with Yoshi (especially Raph) and the other villagers.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:27 AM   #46
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
My point exactly. It's hard to get past how bad the costumes look in this movie. Even watching it as a kid the difference in their appearances was more than obvious, and I was even kinda disappointed with the movie back then, too. It just didn't leave the same impact on me the way the first two films did. Most of the time, it just didn't feel like a TMNT movie.
The Turtle costumes themselves aren't too bad but the faces are really what lets it down. Also Splinter looks terrible.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #47
myconius
Abby Normal

yeah the faces were pretty awful.
looked like animated halloween masks.

just really wish they could have allocated just a bit more of the budget into the turtle's heads.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #48
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I loved the soundtrack of the movie, and the return of Corey Feldman as Donatello. It was easily the most "dismissible" of the three, but yeah, it wasn't the worst thing to happen to TMNT.

"Hey Leo, hi-foot!"
Old 06-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #49
myconius
Abby Normal

i still much prefer it over...

Spoiler:

every time i see that scene the nightmares return.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:52 PM   #50
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
just really wish they could have allocated just a bit more of the budget into the turtle's heads.
It's possible the company in charge of the animatronics didn't have the expertise that Henson had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
I loved the soundtrack of the movie, and the return of Corey Feldman as Donatello. It was easily the most "dismissible" of the three, but yeah, it wasn't the worst thing to happen to TMNT.
I actually liked what they did with Elias Koteas in the role of Whit. Good acting.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #51
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
It's possible the company in charge of the animatronics didn't have the expertise that Henson had.
they definitely didn't.
i just wish they would have at least used a softer more natural looking material to cast the heads, instead of that shiny plastic looking material they used.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #52
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
i still much prefer it over...

https://68.media.tumblr.com/1f5fdd30...ov60o1_500.gif

Spoiler:

every time i see that scene the nightmares return.

http://www.gifimagesdownload.com/wp-...-noooo-gif.gif

Ha, just noticed Leo was throwing up the Roc hand gesture. Jay-Z would be proud lol
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #53
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
they definitely didn't.
i just wish they would have at least used a softer more natural looking material to cast the heads, instead of that shiny plastic looking material they used.
True, but at the same time Henson was a master at what he did. He was a Puppet icon. Very few could pull off what Henson could pull off. Which is why the suits in the first 2 movies were great. Back in that day if you needed puppet work in your movie, and you WANT top quality, you went to Jim Henson. He was the best.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #54
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
The feudal guard dancing to Tarzan Boy at the bar/club is hilarious and one of the best bits of the movie.
Fight choreography was good.
Sands of time were neat.
Elias Koteas
The TMNT actually talking about being freaks and not fitting into their own times was neat.
ummm No magical 13 monsters?
Yes I quoted myself so I wouldn't write it again. SUE ME
It's still an objectively bad movie, and so was SoTO. It's just that I enjoyed the setup to SoTO muuuuch more and give me as much crap as you want, but that Vanilla Ice scene is hella fun for me. Plus the soundtrack for that movie was also solid (hell the first 3 films, Ya Kid K THO).
Only Objectively good TMNT movie is the 1990 one, and even that one had a tonal shift problem. Every other movie has good moments strewn about in a sea of mediocrity.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:38 AM   #55
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
they definitely didn't.
I say this because the company who worked on the third movie were responsible for Johnny Five in the Short Circuit movies. The animatronics should at least have been good in TMNT III but they weren't.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #56
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Japan

It at least had a setting in Japan.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:16 PM   #57
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I say this because the company who worked on the third movie were responsible for Johnny Five in the Short Circuit movies. The animatronics should at least have been good in TMNT III but they weren't.
That's comparing 2 different monsters right there, it takes more work to make a talking walking turtle than it did for Johnny Five(Don't get me wrong I love the Johnny Five movies)

Five didn't have a moving head that needed a working talking mouth vs the flash lights they used on Five when he spoke. Nor did he have well moveable body parts like legs that require to kick. All Johnny Five had were moveable arms, flash light mouth and a head that move. Outside of that he was pretty much immobile.

Oh yeah and moveable eyes. Forgot about that.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #58
myconius
Abby Normal

yeah, big difference between a mechanical character vs ones that are supposed to be organic.

hey! maybe THAT'S why their faces looked so stiff and robotic in the movie?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:29 PM   #59
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
yeah, big difference between a mechanical character vs ones that are supposed to be organic.

hey! maybe THAT'S why their faces looked so stiff and robotic in the movie?
As I said before, Jim Henson was really about the only guy that had the talent that could of made the turtles look well "Alive" . Henson was a master.

Not saying the other team did bad as for as puppet work goes, it was decent, but when you compare Turtles 1 and 2 vs 3, its like comparing say a Car to a horse Buggy. Henson was really ahead of his time, and people didn't see puppet work of that level before. I not counting his Muppets fame here, but movies like the Dark Crystal, was a Muppet master piece. Than making the turtles suits like they were, it was almost like the turtles were real blood living creatures.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:52 PM   #60
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
As I said before, Jim Henson was really about the only guy that had the talent that could of made the turtles look well "Alive" . Henson was a master.

Not saying the other team did bad as for as puppet work goes, it was decent, but when you compare Turtles 1 and 2 vs 3, its like comparing say a Car to a horse Buggy. Henson was really ahead of his time, and people didn't see puppet work of that level before. I not counting his Muppets fame here, but movies like the Dark Crystal, was a Muppet master piece. Than making the turtles suits like they were, it was almost like the turtles were real blood living creatures.
Henson was definitely one of the best, but not the only one that could have pulled it off.

Rick Baker had done the effects for American Werewolf in London in 1981

and Harry and the Hendersons in 1987.

plus there was amazing effects done for John Carpenter's 'The Thing' by Rob Bottin.

but if they were't willing to spend the money for Henson Studios i doubt they could have afforded either Baker or Bottin.

the team they hired just looked like they didn't have any budget to work with.
the materials looked like animated halloween masks.

Last edited by myconius; 06-15-2017 at 10:58 PM.
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote