The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I Beat A TMNT Game Thread

A suggestion of the eternal wisdom of oldmanwinters inspired the idea of 'Dromers having a thread to tell us when they beat a TMNT game. A few through the years took ages to beat. Not just the first wave but the second wave had a few trying times for us gamers too. I am lucky enough to beat all of them except the original NES game. How about the rest of you? Did it take you until your high school days or even young adulthood to beat one? Share your stories here and be sure to drop by when you do to share your triumph!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
nickn
Foot Soldier

man I had a rough time with the first NES game too, as a kid. I never have finished it still. I got pretty far, once the city opened up but some of the things were just to hard, and the controls do kinda stink imo.

BUT I LOVE THE MUSIC FROM THE NES GAME lol
nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I still need to spend a few hours on TMNT2: Battle Nexus.

Not that I think it's an especially good game, just that I probably owe it to myself to play every turtles game I can get my hands on.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior

Well, where do I begin. I have beaten ninja turtles 4: Turtles in Time (with all 4 turtles individually & on the Hard difficulty).

I beat the arcade game...on the Nintendo Wii though--but i think that still counts.

and for the tournament fighters, after many attempts, I beat Karai for the SNES with Donatello (i didn't cheat, but I had to find some way to beat her).

That's my victories, and I'm sticking to them.

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

I just got done playing Turtles in Time that is unlockable on Mutant Nightmare. Beat it with Raph so I could just kind of chill and relax. Only died 7 times during the play through.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Back in the day, I thought I'd never be able to beat Tournament Fighters on Genesis. I was fairly new to the fighting game genre, so I thought it was so cheap that the CPU could pull off special moves instantly while I had to do complex button combinations and even "charge" certainly moves for a precious couple of seconds.

I had yet to learn the meaning of the term "broken," but it was an apt description for Triceraton and Karai. I finally beat them with April O'Neil's equally cheap sliding foot sweep (CPU doesn't always account for the sliding momentum and fails to block it). It set up a series of close-range German suplex slams.

Even today, I can't say that I've beaten that game with many characters, even on normal difficulty. Raphael is about the only other character with which I've had great success, but his power drill technique can leave him open for a devastating grapple by the stronger characters.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Back in the day, I thought I'd never be able to beat Tournament Fighters on Genesis. I was fairly new to the fighting game genre, so I thought it was so cheap that the CPU could pull off special moves instantly while I had to do complex button combinations and even "charge" certainly moves for a precious couple of seconds.

I had yet to learn the meaning of the term "broken," but it was an apt description for Triceraton and Karai. I finally beat them with April O'Neil's equally cheap sliding foot sweep (CPU doesn't always account for the sliding momentum and fails to block it). It set up a series of close-range German suplex slams.

Even today, I can't say that I've beaten that game with many characters, even on normal difficulty. Raphael is about the only other character with which I've had great success, but his power drill technique can leave him open for a devastating grapple by the stronger characters.
Try this:

"Play as Ray Fillet. Crouch. Use his strong kick. Win game. (He slides forward and the AI doesn't recognize the sliding part, so it never blocks)"

TV Tropes put that out there, recently, so see if it works.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...namentFighters

Been working on the Super NES version, myself. Thus far, I have achieved on the highest setting (7) and no continues (or, actually, to beat 500,000 in order to get the "King of Kings" graphics) with War, Chrome Dome, Leo and Don. Working with Aska and Shredder, next. And by fluke, I'm sure, I actually managed to get a "Perfect" on Level 7 Karai with Armaggon. I have no idea how I did this, but it happened. I'll try to work on the other TF games in the ensuing days, weeks, etc.

I'll mention about the NES games in another post, but I wanted to get this tangent out of the way, first.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Filespit
Hench Mutant

I havn't played all the games yet, but I've finished a few. Turtles in Time is my favorite, I've finished it countless times. I've also finished TMNT 2 for the NES a few times (I think), as well as Re-Shelled and the TMNT Arcade Game for the XBLA. I've also finished Battle Nexus, with all missions complete and all treasure chests found. I actually wrote a complete walkthrough for that game, it's up on GameFAQS if anyone would like to check it out. Oh, and I've played Smash-Up quite a lot as well, but I wouldn't say I've "finished" it. Also, I do own Fall of the Footclan, Tournament Fighters (SNES version) and the original NES game, but I've never finished them.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
Biffard
Random Punk

I've beaten TMNT 4: Turtles in Time and TMNT 2. I have never made it pass the water level on TMNT 1 on NES. However, I plan on spending trying to beat it if I can get the patience and spare time.

For those that want to play, here are links to play several of the games on VirtualNES.com. Enjoy!

TMNT 1: http://www.virtualnes.com/play/?id=NES-U2

TMNT 2: http://www.virtualnes.com/play/?id=NES-2N

TMNT Tournament Fighter NES: http://www.virtualnes.com/play/?id=NES-TF

TMNT: Turtles in Time: http://www.virtualsupernes.com/play/?id=SNS-TM-USA

TMNT Tournament Fighters SNES: http://www.virtualsupernes.com/play/?id=SNS-KY-USA
Biffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

I beat all 3 GB tmnt games.
tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffard View Post
I've beaten TMNT 4: Turtles in Time and TMNT 2. I have never made it pass the water level on TMNT 1 on NES. However, I plan on spending trying to beat it if I can get the patience and spare time.

For those that want to play, here are links to play several of the games on VirtualNES.com. Enjoy!

TMNT 1: http://www.virtualnes.com/play/?id=NES-U2

TMNT 2: http://www.virtualnes.com/play/?id=NES-2N

TMNT Tournament Fighter NES: http://www.virtualnes.com/play/?id=NES-TF

TMNT: Turtles in Time: http://www.virtualsupernes.com/play/?id=SNS-TM-USA

TMNT Tournament Fighters SNES: http://www.virtualsupernes.com/play/?id=SNS-KY-USA
A couple of quick questions:

First of I am always weary about playing online games because of problems and viruses that usually come. Is it safe?
Secondly,is that the SNES Turtles In TIme or the inferior Arcade version? Got Manhatten Project? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #12
pannoni1
Foot Elite

NES 1989: Made it to the room before Shredder without cheats, beat it using Game Genie around high school a dozen or so years ago.

NES II: Beat it about six months after I got it, and then beat it most of the time thereafter.

NES III: Made it to the first battle with Shredder and lost without cheating, but only started playing last year and only played several times.

SNES IV: Only played a couple times and have not played all the way through, but made it as far as the first fight with Shredder.

I've never played any other versions except for Tournament Fighters, which I'm still trying to figure out.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #13
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
A couple of quick questions:

First of I am always weary about playing online games because of problems and viruses that usually come. Is it safe?
Secondly,is that the SNES Turtles In TIme or the inferior Arcade version? Got Manhatten Project? Thanks in advance.
Yes it's safe, It's the SNES version, and here's Manhatten Project http://www.retrouprising.com/game-menu/game/4201/
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I've beaten Fall of the Foot Clan for the Game Boy...

What?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #15
rufus
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

What?

The only Turtles Game I have beat.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

What?
Don't mind them. It's a hoot, and a great way to kill an hour. (I play it just for the Technodrome graphic at the end.) Conversely, "Back From the Sewers" I almost want to throw it into the sewers. I can't beat it in Hard mode, as I usually do. Bah. So, I go with Normal mode, and leave it at that.

More impressive is beating "Radical Rescue" several times in recent years. I understand the frustration as I've read in comments on other TMNT blogs, as it isn't a cakewalk, but it isn't Nintendo Hard, either. (Although, that may be my gamer experience talking, and what is easy for one player can be quite difficult for another.) Besides, you have to like a game where Mike is the center star, and you need him most. You're dead against Cyber Shredder if you don't use Mike's hover ability constantly. Learned it the hard way.

Plus, it is the most ambitious of the GB games, and the closest we got to an early TMNT version of Metroid.

Last edited by Killer Moth; 03-26-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Fall of The Foot Clan for Gameboy was the easiest of all the TMNT Games with exception to story mode of TMNT:Smash Up. Its the Technodrome gang and Baxter Stockman, The Fly. If memory serves any level could be selected and the settings were unique. I think Shredder was fought in the Hudson Bay and Baxter The Fly was fought outsdie a warehouse after going through traffic. It is pure fun!

I tried the links above and its complicated as far as the controls are concerned but fun nonetheless. After I died the first time at Rat King I had to stop. Are there unlimited continues on Turtles In Time? Anyone aware if Manhattan Project is available on that site. I could not find a list of games for the NES port.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
Biffard
Random Punk

Yeah, the controllers can be a pain on the vnes site. It takes some getting used to. As for the extra lives I think you can adjust the number of lives in the options up to a max of 7 (I think). But I believe you still get just the 3 continues which equates to 21 lives in total. Playing on vnes I made it to Leatherhead and used up all my lives. It's harder on a keyboard when compared to a controller.

There is a way to buy a SNES USB controller on ebay and then download a 3rd party software to configure it with VNES.com. However, I'm a little hesitant to do so until I find out some more info on the software.
Biffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
Fall of The Foot Clan for Gameboy was the easiest of all the TMNT Games with exception to story mode of TMNT:Smash Up. Its the Technodrome gang and Baxter Stockman, The Fly. If memory serves any level could be selected and the settings were unique. I think Shredder was fought in the Hudson Bay and Baxter The Fly was fought outsdie a warehouse after going through traffic. It is pure fun!

After I died the first time at Rat King I had to stop.
I'm curious about Smash-Up, if only for the underground level. Gee, wonder why. Heh.

It may be an unspoken rule that Rat King in video game form is hard. He's more of a pain than I thought in "Turtles In Time," and in Super Nes Tour Fighters? Oh, dear God. Not impossible, as if you have a wider range of attack, like Leo's katana, Don's strong punch or Chrome Dome's limbs. Or hey, just keep him pinned and blocking until you can do your Super Desperation move. I've done that plenty with him.

Anyway, I finally beat the Level 7 Tour mode as Shredder, yesterday, with no continues... and was only 2,900 points short of beating the 500,000 marker and getting the "King of Kings" graphic. Rats.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
I'm curious about Smash-Up, if only for the underground level. Gee, wonder why. Heh.
I am a harsh critic on Smash Up because of the false advertising on Ubisfot. I remember looking weekly throughout the summer of 2009 for the characters involved and all we got was the 2007 movie with a suped up utrom and Fugitiod. Not to mention those Rabbids something I never heard of before and the needless cross promotion. I was disappointed in the character roster and the ease in beating the story mode. The graphic were great and all but not benig one to play online and feeling lead on it was only The Technodrome in my favorite location that was fun in that game. Despite all that and the fact it was Ubisoft that put out promotion not Mirage venom got spat on Dan Berger. I wrote in to to counter the emails he was getting. I appreciate the idea and concept but did not care for the product because of expectations.

Tags
personal accomplishment, video games