The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We're talking about actual bread, right?
Ninja Smoke Bombs! Exploding Arrows! Epic Battles! Issue One Nods Everywhere! *head explodes* 47 55.29%
Your skills are impressive.... but they will NOT save you. 14 16.47%
What you know is dangerous to your enemy. What you THINK you know is dangerous to yourself... 16 18.82%
There's a creature out there trying to hurt my April.... our April.... 8 9.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
You've seen Krang already. A lot.

Also your only qualifier is certain characters appearing?
We've seen the Kraang, but we haven't seen Krang. Where is the Dimension X warlord who commands his Stone Warrior army?

Since we know General Traag is confirmed, it gives me hope that Krang will show up as the leader of the Kraang. Because right now they're basically just evil Utroms.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 11-17-2012 at 06:44 PM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #82
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Here are my two cents:

I thought this was such a kick ass episode.

I love both the design and voice of Pigeon Pete (and this is coming from a guy who has a phobia of birds). Nice nod to the 1987- 1996 series.

Shredder is insane. He totally wiped the floor with the Turtles. I loved how a blade appeared between Shredder's gauntlets when he had Leonardo against the wall.

I'm happy to finally see Dogpound and Fishface, although, I personally would have liked to see Chris Bradford and Xever go up against The Kraang before they mutated into their now current counterparts. I have a stupid question though, when Snake mutated to Snakeweed and Vic mutated to Spider Bytez they both respectfully were near weeds and a spider. When Chris broke the glass and the mutagen poured all over with Chris and Xever being covered in it where was Auku (I apologize for spelling the dog's name wrong) and the fish that Xever mutated from ? I thought the fish was being chopped up off screen ?

I assume that is also counts with whatever you last touch is what you mutate, other then being next to a living organism.

I can't wait for Shredder to meet The Kraang and for them to work together to battle the Turtles. I'm sure this was already brought up before, but will the Krang (from the original series) appear in the 2012 series.

Overall excellent episode.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #83
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
We've seen the Kraang, but we haven't seen Krang. Where is the Dimension X warlord who commands his Stone Warrior armor?

Since we know General Traag is confirmed, it gives me hope that Krang will show up as the leader of the Kraang. Because right now they're basically just evil Utroms.
Maybe they've just turned Krang into the Kraang? That's not such a crazy idea. Plus a species called The Kraang bring ruled by a guy with the same name would be alittle dumb.

If anything I think that female Kraang rumored for season 2 will be like the 'Queen'.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #84
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I am the only one who thought this episode felt like a two parter? It obviously wasn't, I guess it's just that there was so many things going on.
I was personally was hoping this was a two pater or that it was a longer episode. I was looking at my clock on my cable box and the The Turtles fighting with Shredder came on at 11:25 and I kept saying to myself, how are they going finish this episode up with out rushing it in five minutes ?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #85
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Maybe they've just turned Krang into the Kraang? That's not such a crazy idea. Plus a species called The Kraang bring ruled by a guy with the same name would be alittle dumb.

If anything I think that female Kraang rumored for season 2 will be like the 'Queen'.
That's a good assumption Stryker. I was thinking that either Shredder or The Kraang or Kraang wanted to try a different approach.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #86
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I am the only one who thought this episode felt like a two parter? It obviously wasn't, I guess it's just that there was so many things going on.
I did have that sensation as well. I had this gut feeling that the episode was about to end when they had to leave Mr. O'Neil behind... and then they had to go after the bomb, fight off the Kraang, battle Bradford & Xever, face the Shredder, AND make their great escape to get lectured by Splinter in the epilogue scene.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #87
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Another assumption I'm gonna make is that April's dad is going to end up as Fugitoid.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 11-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #88
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Another assumption I'm gonna make is that April's dad is going to end up as Fugitoid.
Interesting theory. You think it'll be some combination of mutagen exposure and cybernetic physical enhancements?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #89
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Interesting theory. You think it'll be some combination of mutagen exposure and cybernetic physical enhancements?
I think The Kraang'll just take his brain and put it in a robot body so they'll have his smarts but without any of the human will and whatnot.

Then he can start 'Robocopping' out with memories of his old self creeping in and messing up ish.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 11-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #90
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
One small gripe is the fact that arguably the very first mutants (Splinter and the Turtles) were perfect, so why is it after 15 years the mutagen is now creating more freak like mutants. My guess would be that its exposure to our dimension that caused its imperfection and that is what they are trying to have the scientists combat.
This bothered me at first. But if you look at what the mutagen creates these days, they're typically, deadly, powerful monsters. The turtles and Splinter don't have any special abilities to attribute to their mutations. They're just humanoid.
Spoiler:
Plus, Kirby said the ooze wasn't doing what the Kraang expected. So we know they're working towards something.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #91
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
I think The Kraang'll just take his brain and put it in a robot body so they'll have his smarts but without any of the human will and whatnot.

Then he can start 'Robocopping' out with memories of his old self creeping in and messing up ish.
If this happens it'd be so awesome!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #92
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I need to see Krang, Slash, Bebop/Rocksteady and Armaggon debut before I say its the best TMNT series ever.
Kinda see Armaggon as too repetitive as we already got Fishface. I know, different kind of fish... but yeah... I kinda assume they're still gonna be called Bradford and Xever before Mikey names them as Dogpound and Fishface.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #93
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

Liked it when Mikey used those smoke bombs! He should use them in music.

Mikey drums with nunchucks!
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #94
Irishmile
Hench Mutant

This one was probably my favorite episode yet.... mainly because of the really awesome Shredder fight at the end... THIS is exactly how he should be handled..

My biggest complaint is the treatment of Mikey.. I like how goofy and funny he is with the smoke bombs and everything... BUT I do not like how stupid they make him seem... I have mentioned it before.. I am thinking of this as REALLY early in their story so I am just going to chalk it up as Mikey not yet maturing as fast as his bros.. and he will mature into the Mikey we all expect him to be... Hopefully in season two or if its too late by season three they will fix this.

Another strange thing about Bradford and Xever's mutation is they both actually touched turtles last... Or is there some rule where you can not mutate from something that is already mutated?
Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #95
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I don't think they even specifically stated that you mutate into the last thing you touched. They just show it. But true, Chris and Xever touched the dog and fish way before they started fighting against the Turtles. Even Hun became a Turtle after fighting with them.

Still don't like how noone wanted to hang with Mikey. Reeks of 2K3 Mikey....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #96
Donnie
Something from the Past

I have to break my absence from the Drome to say that this episode was by far the best one to date. The Mirage influence is CLEARLY shown, from the battered Turtles mid-section/weapons shot to the defeated red & black Turtles under the sewer. The love for movie 1 (during the battle with Shredder, specifically) is obvious and is blended perfectly with it . Jesus, this Shredder v. Turtles intro was an amalgam of Turtle glory.

I'm almost speechless, I can't get enough of this new TMNT and I'm going to brazen and say it's the best iteration of the Turtles we've had in some time.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #97
CyberCubed
Overlord

Funny how Pidgeon Pete disappeared for the rest of the episode. I wonder how they'll use him again.

They're creating a lot of new mutants for this series, but strangely the only returning one so far is going to be Leatherhead. Makes you wonder if Slash, Rahzar/Tokka, Bebop/Rocksteady are coming later on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #98
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Well, when you consider every Kraang calls other Kraang Kraang, it doesn't seem a far cry for them to call their leader that too.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #99
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmile View Post
or is there some rule where you can not mutate from something that is already mutated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolas l. O'deon
i am the great and powerful nickelodeon! Pay no attention to the elephant in the room!
. ^_^

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #100
Irishmile
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Funny how Pidgeon Pete disappeared for the rest of the episode. I wonder how they'll use him again.

They're creating a lot of new mutants for this series, but strangely the only returning one so far is going to be Leatherhead......
I think some of them will show up again, but maybe not this season... Its sort of like they are trying to cram in as much as they can early so they are like... "OK, snakeweed isnt your thing?... how about THIS!!??" Trying to appeal to as many people as possible... im sure they are watching sites like this to gauge what ones work..

Quote:
Makes you wonder if Slash, Rahzar/Tokka, Bebop/Rocksteady are coming later on.
God I hope so... I would love to see Bebop and Rocksteady taken as serious as this show is taking The Shredder.. imagine how scary they could actually be? BUT I have a feeling Dogpound, and Fishface are going to be the Bebop and Rocksteady of this series... thats too bad too because I do not like their mutated form as much as I like them as human goons..

Tags
2k12, nick