The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #21
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah when Fugitoid's eyes lit up at the end of that ep I thought that meant he may be back, but then Ciro is writing a story about him, had the show not been cancelled maybe we would have seen him again.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:05 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm really surprised Fugitoid never got a follow-up ep, I perhaps wondered if its because of the VA. That's really the only issue of unresolved plotlines I have with the show, I don't even care much that they just let Timmy/Mutagen Man die rather than helping him.

Really hope the Nick show does get a movie years down the line. I can see Fugitoid being involved, and I also believe the reason they had Tiger Claw declare a truce with the turtles instead of killing him off is so they could bring him back as an ally in the future too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #23
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Where did all the human foot ninja in NYC go?

Shredder tends to dispose of (I.E. Kill) subordinates that no longer hold any use for him or fail him. I mean yeah he does threaten Xever, Bradford, and even Karai at times for their failure but never does anything because we always see them continue to serve him. But they are mainstay villains so it's easier on the budget to just keep them whole and unharmed rather than making new henchmen for the Shredder to use or animate new injuries into their already existing character model.

But the Footsoldiers are the equivalent of red-shirts, so if they aren't killed in battle with the Turtles (which of course they never are because the Turtles usually knock them senseless instead of kill them) they are executed by Bradford on Shredder's orders for their failure.

Quote:
One thing I did notice as well from a rewatch of the first couple of seasons is just how often they talk about time passing in 'months'. This may be down to some exaggeration, but even then it rather implies a significant length of time passing in each season. I'd always assumed it was about 1 season = 1 year but I know there were people on the forum who weren't convinced of that.
[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
In the Season 2 finale during the Kraang invasion, Casey does say this is, "Just as bad as the invasion from last year," meaning the Season 1 invasion. That basically says 1 year past between the end of Seasons 1 and 2.

Then again Mikey still says he's 15 years old to Napoleon Bonafrog in the Northampton arc afterward...but considering it's Mikey maybe he was too dumb to realize he aged a year.

I'm not sure if 5 years passed in-universe like in real life, but it was probably at least 3 years.

Well saying last year doesn't really mean a year has past. Last year could also mean the previous year period. Such as saying "The election last year" as in the election in 2016 rather than saying the election months ago.

As for the Turtle's aging their 15th mutation day is the last milestone wee see them celebrate. So saying for the sake of argument all of the first and second season take place over the course of a twelve month period. The turtles 16th mutation day would have passed without notice because there would be little reason to celebrate. Without acknowledgment of that milestone, Mikey more than likely hadn't registered that they had even aged.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:10 PM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

This one has come to mind now and then but I kept forgetting about it: Why did the Triceratons, when in their little individual fighter spaceships, just make that weird noise, sounding more like they were drowning, instead of actually speaking...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Something I just realized yesterday when I saw the ep with the April clones...

Which one among the Kraang took the time to do each clone's hair style - sideswept bangs, low ponytail and a headband - just like April's and why did this matter? Even traded April's own yellow headband for a white one when they captured her. lol
Old 01-19-2018, 04:11 PM   #26
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Something I just realized yesterday when I saw the ep with the April clones...

Which one among the Kraang took the time to do each clone's hair style - sideswept bangs, low ponytail and a headband - just like April's and why did this matter?
I saw that one today but didn't think about that,I think we are meant to assume she is just grown in that form.
Actually I thought of this thread today when I watched ep where Karai sends the super foot solider after April (forget what it's called) Anyway, so the regular foot bots were these deadly robots that were hard to beat because they learn all of the opponents moves... anyway.. just like that they are easy to beat and I thought we must be meant to assume that the turtles got better... okay, so this ep is when they are still new and Casey Jones beats a load of them on the ice rink? That easy? I just put it down to kids cartoon.....though, smaller number of them than the turtles and Karai had to fight when they were new...I'll just go with that

Last edited by newfan; 01-19-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:25 AM   #27
mikey2007
Hench Mutant

Never forget...Lil’ Rizzio betrayed Chris Bradford.

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:34 PM   #28
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
They probably either joined another branch or just got different jobs.
I cut their heads and put their brains in jar like i did to 2003 Stockman! That the punishment for their failures!!
Old 01-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #29
mikey2007
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm really surprised Fugitoid never got a follow-up ep, I perhaps wondered if its because of the VA. That's really the only issue of unresolved plotlines I have with the show, I don't even care much that they just let Timmy/Mutagen Man die rather than helping him.

Really hope the Nick show does get a movie years down the line. I can see Fugitoid being involved, and I also believe the reason they had Tiger Claw declare a truce with the turtles instead of killing him off is so they could bring him back as an ally in the future too.
What I never understood, if fugitoid has a fusion core, how was he able to survive after he blew up. He was only a head, without a body, how were his eyes being powered?

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hmmm Never thought of that!

The little bit of electricity generated by the brain that's still in the robot head?
Old 04-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #31
newfan
Mad Scientist

I've often wondered why 'Shredders goons' would try to kill Karai in Shredders absence when surely he'd kill them for that. It was mainly City at War, but also there was Insecta Infecta and was TC trying to kill her in broken foot and vengence is mine with his blaster or can his blaster freeze a person as well as kill?
I just wondered what he planned to go back and tell Shredder, the turtles did it?

Last edited by newfan; 04-16-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:33 PM   #32
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That was a bit of a problem in the 2003 show too. Mostly just with Hun, but still.

I'm pretty sure that it was a jealousy thing. "So, she thinks she can be the Master's favorite just because she's his daughter, eh?"

And all this while never seeming to stop to consider what he'd do if they even had the slightest scrap of responsibility if something happened to her.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:26 AM   #33
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I think at that point in season 4 Shredder just chocked up Karai as a damaged goods. Yes, he still cared about her and thought of her as his daughter to an extent. But she had made her choice about which side she was actually on and so he came to the conclusion that she will die with Yoshi and his followers
Old 04-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #34
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I think at that point in season 4 Shredder just chocked up Karai as a damaged goods. Yes, he still cared about her and thought of her as his daughter to an extent. But she had made her choice about which side she was actually on and so he came to the conclusion that she will die with Yoshi and his followers
Was that in response to my post? If it was I meant why where his allies trying to kill her earlier on, before Shredder had the mutagen improved to make him no-longer care for her. Don't think we're meant to think too deeply about everything that happens

Last edited by newfan; 04-17-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #35
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Makes one wonder WHY they were able to actually nearly win...

It doesn't make sense that a race so stupid would be able to succeed at all.

You'd be surprised, across a lot of media just how often alien invaders are actually really really stupid when you think about it.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #36
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
It doesn't make sense that a race so stupid would be able to succeed at all.
One could say the same of human beings.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:06 PM   #37
victory_angel
Foot Elite

In "4 fold trap", Donnie was in the trap that had absolutely no chance of survival.

Both Leo and Raph were put in lethal traps, but they were set up so there was some chance of escape. A slim chance but still a chance.

Mikey's trap was designed so that it would mutate him. He would still be alive but he wouldn't be the Turtle he had been.

But Donnie trap is essentially a lethal, 3d version of Tetris. And as far as we can tell the game grid descends a seemingly infinite number of levels. And every time he was crushed by a block, or maybe fell off the game grid he would get zapped with high voltage. However, when Leo and the others arrive to free him, Donnie tells him that if he cuts him free he would be fried to death.

We know that Karai at that point in time had it in for Splinter and Leo. Splinter the brain worm forced her to believed he was responsible for her mother's death and her mutation. And Leo because he has defeated her and also because he betrayed her and attempted to the Shredder.

So it's possible Karai had that added feature in Donnie's trap as a fail-safe just in case the other Turtles did survive and escaped. But I think that tidbit was also for April.

While Karai was more experienced as a Kunoichi then April, April has still bested her more than once. And Karai is more than aware of Donnie's infatuation with April since he pretty much advertised that to her by showing up alone to save her in Target: April O'Neil. Even if Donnie's infatuation was one-sided, he still meant something to April so that alone would have been seen as a proverbial "eye for an eye"
Old 06-19-2018, 01:54 AM   #38
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Shredder tends to dispose of (I.E. Kill) subordinates that no longer hold any use for him or fail him.
Huh? In what episode did this happen?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:11 PM   #39
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Huh? In what episode did this happen?
It's never shown, but it is implied. Such as in Pulverizer Returned where the Shredder is snarling at Dogpound about how he was promised 100 skilled warriors, but all of them have been decimated by the turtles and whats left is unworthy of bearing the Foot Emblem.