The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-08-2022, 06:20 PM   #1341
Leo656
The Franchise

I've actually heard that theory before.

Disney sh*t is surprisingly dark once you start picking at it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:01 PM   #1342
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, I'm not the only one who has considered that then... lol

Seems the weather cooling off and some nights hitting the 40s again has caused some large houseflies to head indoors.

Am I the only human that is mildly amused at how loud a large housefly's tiny little feet are... Like they're tiny, but walk across a piece of aluminum foil or a crinkly food wrapper and Omg, how are you so loud? lol

On anything else, nothing, but amplified on things like that to the point it's a little funny to me. Are they even aware? Are they like the people with loud shoes who seem to like the sound of their own steps...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:33 PM   #1343
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Seems the weather cooling off and some nights hitting the 40s again has caused some large houseflies to head indoors.

Am I the only human that is mildly amused at how loud a large housefly's tiny little feet are... Like they're tiny, but walk across a piece of aluminum foil or a crinkly food wrapper and Omg, how are you so loud? lol
Let me give you a tip that will stop flies from ever entering your house again.

Lavender deters them. If you put a small cup with a bit of lavender cleaner (it has to be the 'pure' kind, so no Lavender-vanilla or stuff like Fabuloso) in places you know they congregate around your house, they won't show up again. I highly recommend using lavender Lysol or Great Value lavender cleaner from Walmart. Mopping with that stuff helps as well, though it's more temporary than putting it in a cup and leaving it for a while. Hell, planting lavenders around the outside works too.

I know it sounds like bullcrap, but trust me. It works. I didn't believe this until I tried it, and I have never had flies in my apartment/house again.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:14 PM   #1344
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I think my wife does that, or something similar. The amount of flies, stinkbugs and even spiders we see up here has dropped dramatically since she picked up on that.

I forget if it's lavender or something else but certain pleasant scents apparently deter the sh*t out of bugs.

Old 05-09-2022, 09:28 PM   #1345
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, I think my wife does that, or something similar. The amount of flies, stinkbugs and even spiders we see up here has dropped dramatically since she picked up on that.

I forget if it's lavender or something else but certain pleasant scents apparently deter the sh*t out of bugs.
It's something about the chemical compounds in lavender. Insects hate it. Some still come around even with it around, but not as many. And flies all flee the scene if there's lavender. It's remarkable.
Old 05-10-2022, 03:59 AM   #1346
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Peppermint or tea tree works, too. And the tea tree has the added bonus of being toxic to them if they come in contact with it. Just don't use it in areas where your pets can get into it. I used a combo of peppermint and tea tree to help get rid of my bedbug issue a few years ago, and it worked WONDERS!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 06:54 AM   #1347
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I tried peppermint and tea tree myself, I just didn't find those as effective. There were still some around when I used them, and I'd find some dead ones in the bowls/cups with that stuff in them.

The lavender just drove them away completely, to the point where they didn't even land in the bowls/cups at all.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:15 AM   #1348
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
It is very effective, but the oil to carrier ratio has to be right, and it works MUCH better as a wash or when sprayed around openings and cracks, under furniture, and places where they might congregate. Works with roaches, too. When used around the outside walls, inside doors and windows, not only does it deter them, but kills the ones who DO try to enter, so you never have to worry about them again. Diatomaceous earth works really well too, as it literally dries them out so they dehydrate and die. Best. Stuff. Ever!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:54 AM   #1349
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I have started craving sugar-infused peanut butter.

I don't know why ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:27 PM   #1350
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I have started craving sugar-infused peanut butter.

I don't know why ...
Sounds really delicious, now you have me craving it
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:27 AM   #1351
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

As a kid, if my mom gave me a big tablespoon full of peanut butter as a snack (left on the spoon) I'd sometimes sneak and put sugar on it. But now that sound disgusting...

5/15 -- Friend in California who also grew up in the 90s said she's never heard of the Clearly Canadian flavored waters that were popular back then and came back a while ago. I feel like I was told the sky is green. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-15-2022 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-25-2022, 02:46 PM   #1352
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Implofly; imploflize

Overheard some lady on her phone tripping over a word. Given the context of the conversation, pretty sure she was trying to find the word imply, but got mixed up with improvise, and came up with implofly.
Old 06-11-2022, 02:50 PM   #1353
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My nephew likes this podcast by "Hey MrJim" he and my sister had been listening to on the way to school, particularly this "Spyology Squad" series and they started selling a party pack based on that, so they just had fun with that for his birthday party this afternoon.

That background info out of the way... The Spyology Squad theme "follow(s) Jayden, Ava and Mr. Jim as they work to stop Dr. Stinkybreath and his Purple Ninjas from taking over the world through science!"

Purple Ninjas. Probably just a coincidence, but each of the few times I've heard of Purple Ninjas I can't help from thinking the name took inspiration from elsewhere...
Old 07-04-2022, 09:58 PM   #1354
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Over these last two years, I’ve gotten sad when holidays became huge targets for cancel culture. Today is the day our nation was founded and my mother’s entire side of the family came here to escape the horrific things happening in Cuba to live a better life. July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are all times of the year where families and friends come together and make lifelong memories. Cancelling these holidays only drives loved ones further away from each other. Let’s not go after them. Happy Independence Day!
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 12:16 PM   #1355
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Messed up theory: Goofy and Pluto are the same species of dog people, but Pluto is very intellectually stunted and the world the Disney characters live in have a severely screwed up way of dealing with that in individuals. Only way to explain why one dog gets to be a person while the other is a pet...

edit: On the other hand, I suppose it's not the only option and they could be only related species, and much like those humans who try to keep another, but lower, primate as a pet.
My theory is thus:
Mickey and Friends exist in the same universe as Pinocchio. There are anthropomorphic animals in it, but also ordinary animals (in fact Minnie and Geppetto both seem to own Figaro). There also places like Pleasure Island where humans can become animals, to various degrees of success. So...Mickey, Donald, Goofy and the others are all either once human but now half animal or some how started out as half animals like Foulfellow and Gideon (the Fox and Cat) unless they too were sent to some turn kids into foxes/cats island.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 12:43 PM   #1356
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Huh. Interesting theory, I like it. Now I want it to be made canon.

5/6 -- Transformer, er, Transformation church anyone?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-06-2022 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #1357
newfan
Mad Scientist

Not sure it's the right place to put this but I have a dumb question, is it a new thing that new movies released for sale are released sooner on digital than on hard copy?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 03:43 PM   #1358
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Okay hear me out... The Buzz Lightyear movie action figures have no business looking different than the original toys from years ago.

Maybe from a profit standpoint it makes sense, but if the new movie is presumably supposed to be the "actual" Buzz Lightyear character that the original Toy Story characters are based off of, then why the hell aren't the figures just the same design?? lol Pixar kind of broke the connection on that.

edit: I suppose a collectable figure would make sense, since that could support better details, but the thought is amusing to me that it changed and broke the ties.
Old 07-12-2022, 12:07 AM   #1359
Leo656
The Franchise

Imagine, if you will, going in for a job interview. Anything, really, but for the sake of this thought experiment let's just go with something simple and standard, like McDonalds or Wal-Mart or something.

Imagine that the interviewer asks you what some of your best qualities are, and you reply with some variant of, "Well, as an adult I still talk to and take advice from my imaginary friends, and also, every value I have and hold sacred came from a book of fairy tales that was written by people who thought the Earth was flat and that mathematics was witchcraft."

You won't get the job. Point blank, you would not get that job.

...BUT, if the job in question were, say, a government position, or sitting on the Supreme Court, you'd not only get the job but you'd also be held in the highest esteem far above your peers.

Let that sink in. The same people who would be deemed too delusional to get hired flipping burgers or pushing shopping carts are the ones entrusted to make, pass, and enforce laws that affect everyone, even sane, rational, logic-minded people.

Madness.

Old 07-12-2022, 02:34 AM   #1360
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote