The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 01:29 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

People are going to be so shocked and disappointed when it comes out and is nothing like what they want/expect, despite it being an open secret for years that "R-Rated Deadpool 3" was never going to happen. Liefeld himself said that part of the hold-up was because Disney was trying to figure out how exactly to cut the balls off and do it PG-13 without inciting a riot.

I promise you, it's only even gaining traction right this minute because the first two movies were cheap, and Disney can't afford to make another $300 million blockbuster anytime soon. 6 months ago it hadn't even been on their radar in forever.

People should definitely keep their enthusiasm in check for this. Anybody who really thinks it's going to be like the original is kidding themselves and setting themselves up for a huge disappointment.

I mean, anyone who WANTS a PG-13 Deadpool might be fine with it, but... WHY would anyone want that? Kinda defeats the entire purpose.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:38 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

PG-13 Deadpool won't happen. They've told us it'll be R more times than Trump has denounced white supremacy... yet people still insist.

Plus Reynolds isn't like a starving artist anymore. If it ever becomes a PG-13 hackjob I suspect he'll just walk away. They need him way more than he needs them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 01:41 PM   #23
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

From the Deadline Article

Quote:
Besides Reynolds’ return, there are many factors being worked out, but sources say the film is still expected to be rated R like the previous two installments.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...-r-disney.html

Quote:
According to Geekosity, Deadpool will be showing up in the Marvel Cinematic Universe but will also headline his own feature films. When he is palling around with the Avengers and Spider-Man, the Merc With a Mouth will be on his best behavior and won’t be cursing up a storm or decapitating any supervillains. When he gets to go on his own solo adventures, Wade Wilson will be as vulgar and violent as audiences would expect him to be.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:59 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

We'll see, but don't play this game for money, squire. "They" haven't said a word in years, period. And every single word spoken from people "in the biz" about WHY is, "They're absolutely not going to do an R-Rated comic book movie but they don't want to say that out loud and piss off people like Andrew." Why they'd reverse course all of a sudden NOW would be a mystery ("desperation" would be one reason, but I doubt that they're there just yet). They've been doing nothing BUT trying to figure out how not to do it for a couple of years now.

When they still had blockbusters in the pipeline, "Deadpool 3" was simply not going to happen, period. They were going to very quietly wait until everyone forgot about it. They have NO impetus to start making R-rated comic book films when their entire business model is based on Saturday morning kiddie CBM stuff. One phone call from an angry Karen upsets the entire business model. It ain't happening.

Now, they can't make a blockbuster, so they dig in the drawer for something "cheap" to release instead. Thus, the revived interest in "Deadpool 3", which they haven't talked about at all in ages. But this isn't the same Disney from 30 years ago that would let "risque" projects out under other banners. This is the 2020, "No Risk/High Reward" Disney that doesn't want to "offend" anyone.

Ryan Reynolds might not be a "starving artist" anymore, BUT he also doesn't exactly do a whole lot outside of Deadpool, either. There's every chance that he just takes the check. OR, they let him go and say "So what?"

I mean, it's Disney. They'll be just fine with OR without "Deadpool 3". People operate under this silly idea that they NEED to make that movie, and that they HAVE to do it "the way fans want", but neither of those things are true in the slightest. YOU need Deadpool 3. Disney absolutely does not. "But the first made a billion dollars! They'd be STUPID not to do it!" Seriously? They made a billion dollars with a talking racoon and a bunch of no-name Z-listers. They could make "Howard the Duck" tomorrow and make a billion dollars. They crap a billion dollars.

If they think even one soccer mommy might accidentally take their kid to Deadpool 3 because they thought it was an Avengers spin-off and that they'd get an angry phone call afterwards, they're not gonna make the movie that way. It's that simple. The fact that they still want to have him be in "neutered" movies palling around with Spider-Man only lends more credence to the idea that they're not gonna go "hardcore" with the solo flicks. Disney doesn't do "market confusion" or "tiered entry" anymore. They're all-kids, all the time.

I mean, we'll see, obviously. But again, ALL I've heard for years is, "They're either not making it, OR they will but it's gonna be neutered." The PG-13 release of Deadpool 2 was a test run to see what they could get away with. Disney DOES NOT WANT to make R-Rated Deadpool movies. It's silly to think they want or have to. They don't want to, and they don't have to.

We'll see, but I'll be shocked. To try for three years to bury the entire project because they didn't wanna make it R-rated, only to abruptly reverse course and do exactly that just because they need a quick influx of cash, well... that's generally not how this company operates. So I'll be incredibly surprised to say the least. There's much less risky ways they can make a fast billion.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:45 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Deadpool 3," particularly the first one "within" the MCU, is an event. Each of the first two made a cool billion, and that was in its own isolated corner of the lame Fox-Men verse. Something like "Shang-Chi" is... more like, "Hm, let's see what happens. Let's try this experiment."
Old 01-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #26
AquaParade
Banned

Who is going to step up and eat crow here first?

https://collider.com/deadpool-3-mcu-...ige-interview/

Quote:
“It will be rated R and we are working on a script right now, and Ryan’s overseeing a script right now… It will not be [filming] this year. Ryan is a very busy, very successful actor. We’ve got a number of things we’ve already announced that we now have to make, but it’s exciting for it to have begun. Again, a very different type of character in the MCU, and Ryan is a force of nature, which is just awesome to see him bring that character to life.”
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:40 AM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

I see zero new information. Just more "It's totally gonna happen... some day... and it'll totally be Rated-R, you guys!"

That's what they said last year... and the year before that... and the year before that... and...

Although odds are admittedly better now since the whole game has changed and they'll still be dealing with things post-COVID. They'll be looking to do more lower-budget fare that they hope can still pack a crowd. If not for that, though, it was never gonna happen.

Otherwise, yeah, No New News. Just more "We promise!" I don't listen to that stuff. "Green Lantern Corps" is still comin' out, too. Totally!

Old 01-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #28
frank_one
Mad Scientist

It is funny how Reynolds is seen as a Deadpool expert.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:27 AM   #29
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I see zero new information. Just more "It's totally gonna happen... some day... and it'll totally be Rated-R, you guys!"

That's what they said last year... and the year before that... and the year before that... and...

Although odds are admittedly better now since the whole game has changed and they'll still be dealing with things post-COVID. They'll be looking to do more lower-budget fare that they hope can still pack a crowd. If not for that, though, it was never gonna happen.

Otherwise, yeah, No New News. Just more "We promise!" I don't listen to that stuff. "Green Lantern Corps" is still comin' out, too. Totally!
I'd say that Kevin Feige confirming it is pretty good confirmation. I've never seen him jerk people around with MCU plans and he knows the stakes of backing out on this promise. He also has more freedom than ever. Deadpool 3 will be rated "R". And who said that last year, and the year before that, and the year before that? The acquisition just went through, what, last year? They couldn't even legally talk about their plans until 2020. Bob Iger, not Kevin Feige, did say something or other about letting Deadpool do it's own thing, and it sounds like they are keeping good on that promise.

Comparing this to Green Lantern Corp is worth a good laugh, but can't actually be taken seriously, because the MCU is nowhere near as inconsistent as WB, let alone WB several years ago.

Last edited by AquaParade; 01-11-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:46 PM   #30
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Prior to the Disney purchase, the plan for Deadpool 3 was to finally bring in Wolverine and make it a road trip caper

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/dead...ot-pre-disney/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:19 PM   #31
AquaParade
Banned

Assuming he was actually able to convince Hugh Jackman or intended on replacing him. Sounds like a tall order. He did hint at a roadtrip movie during the press for Deadpool 2. He made it sound like a joke, but I'm not surprised to hear it was actually in the cards.

I think the Disney Deadpool film will be better, quite honestly. I like the Deadpool films, but I think there is room for improvement. Normally, I don't want everything homogenized under Disney/Marvel, but I actually think it will be good for the script to have less dirty humor to lean on. It's funny but was becoming a krutch in the second film, and the script was pretty weak.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:49 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Assuming he was actually able to convince Hugh Jackman or intended on replacing him.
#1, they wouldn't have done it without him as there wouldn't have been any point, and #2, after Deadpool 2 came out Jackman and Reynolds had a very public and thorough back and forth about "C'mooon, play Wolverine one more time with Deadpool!" We knew for a long time that they could only be talking about the Deadpool 3 at Fox. Also, #3, we also know that Jackman at every turn said, no, no, no. So it's kind of non-news.
Old 06-05-2022, 12:25 AM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

More insistence Disney won't impact the tone.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/disney-...adpool-3-tone/

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-05-2022 at 03:24 AM.
Old 06-05-2022, 03:03 AM   #34
AquaParade
Banned

Let’s see if Leo is still denying it lol.
Old 06-05-2022, 03:32 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Disney is literally doing R rated Aliens and Predator movies now. There should be no worries at all about Deadpool. If anything, the cameos we might want to see in Deadpool 3 might be vetted a little more heavily. But I'm sure we'll get some good ones.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:02 AM   #36
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I just find it hard to believe Disney won't have their paws all over the movie somehow, in some way. After some of the dreck we've gotten lately from the MCU, particularly stuff like Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I worry about the quality of the movie as well. I want to believe Reynolds would put his foot down, and not allow them to mishandle the property, but who knows.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 10:29 AM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm more interested in the obvious jokes that Deadpool is now part of the MCU instead of the Fox X-men universe. I can't wait to see how they address this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 11:32 AM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It will be a "fish out of water" movie. Deadpool being the fish and the MCU being the air.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/deadpoo...acing-the-mcu/
Old 06-27-2022, 01:34 PM   #39
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It will be a "fish out of water" movie. Deadpool being the fish and the MCU being the air.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/deadpoo...acing-the-mcu/
I wonder if they will keep his origin, or find some way to retcon it considering his connections to the X-Men, Which the MCU hasn't brought in yet, With the exception of Prof X, But he's part of a multiverse.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:49 PM   #40
Sumac
Banned

Why retcon that?
Deadpool is from another world and that's whole his gimmick for now.
Its not like like X-Men (Fox ones) are a must for his movie.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote