The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-16-2021, 09:24 PM   #41
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

15 yr or so i waited 3 months for book from HK , a shark statue is taking time now , also waited since last yr for restored movie posters......its not really a prob if you're not impatient
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:21 PM   #42
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I've been getting very 2000's nostalgic lately, it's an underrated decade and did have its unique look, I liked it a lot. Great decade, I'm glad Zoomers are making 2000's nostalgia a thing now. My earlier post in this thread about not being nostalgic about the 2000's is officially incorrect.

The 2010s were indeed shyte, or at least I say that now, I wonder if I'll ever look fondly to them, I mean we did just finish it. I mean what will people remember of it? People shouting at each other because of politics? Social media memes? random youtuber? the MCU? What else is there for that decade? MLP? It did have some great cartoons I guess? Rick and Morty? the Pokemon revival? I'm pretty sure it'll just be people remembering their favorite youtubers from the decade.

Lol noticed that RuneScape was in that "starter pack" pic, that one not only was big then, but it's still around! In fact, they recently made it (like over a year and a half ago) into an app game as well as on pc. Still has tons of players, too! I had an account from 2003-2006 or so, and started a new one when the app version was launched. Still the same great game, and still a place to meet lots of other players and have fun together! (They even just recently started some new clan content like clan bases, new clan-based quests and functions, and other stuff. I am part of one, and it's a great group of folks.)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #43
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Anyone else feel extremely nostalgic for the 00's? I do, It's been 20 years, is it finally OUR time??

it's been going on for a few months now but with the 20th anniversary of 9/11, Limp Bizkit coming back and The new Matrix movie it feels like the early 2000's again and I'm hyped. I'm looking for my baggy hot topic pants I used to wear but I believe I threw them away years ago sadly.

Wow, it really was a great time to be alive, I'm sorry I underestimated you 2000's, I was just too biased for the 90s which I experienced as a young child. I wanna go back.

Last edited by sdp; 09-09-2021 at 09:19 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:14 AM   #44
newfan
Mad Scientist

I still have one of those little MP players lying around somewhere, though not used it for some years now.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:16 AM   #45
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah, it would be cool to go back. It's just too bad we can't just enjoy those years without all the background drama of actually living life. I'd love to go back to the 90s and 00s but I wouldn't wanna re-live losing my parents or my divorce lol.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 11:16 AM   #46
IMJ
Emperor

I've been on a PS2 kick lately. So there's that.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:58 PM   #47
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I wonder if people born in the early 2000's ( 2000-2003 ) actually got to experience the Y2K culture.

Would they even remember most of it?
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:04 PM   #48
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I wonder if people born in the early 2000's ( 2000-2003 ) actually got to experience the Y2K culture.

Would they even remember most of it?
The way most parents give ipads and smart phones to their kids nowadays, we're literally looking at a generation that doesn't know life without ipads and smartphones.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:06 PM   #49
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Britney Spears has just been freed of her conservatorship.

She was almost everywhere throughout the late 1990's/early 2000's. Even though I missed the period in which she was really popular, I was able to remember when she first had her breakdown. She had entered a conservatorship right afterward. It was such a tragic fate for her.

I'm glad that she seems to be getting some much-needed support, from both her fans and non-fans.

I hope that she will be able to heal from the experience.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:03 PM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

People love to ignore the fact that she was literally a full-blown crack addict - with two kids nonetheless - which is why they even had the conservatorship put on her in the first place. Like her own staff and bodyguards from back then (and even the guy she "married" for two days once upon a time) have gone on record that she was constantly on coke and crack and f*cking around with random guys - usually because they had the drugs - and that was the entire reason someone else needed to take control of her life.

You don't "magically" get better from that kind of thing. I've been around a ton of coke people; even after they get "clean" getting another fix is ALL they ever think about, for the rest of their lives. They lie about being sober and they sneak it whenever they can. I guarantee you, she's definitely rationalizing that now that her kids are older and don't "need" her anymore, she's "free" to do whatever she wants. Which is gonna mean drugs. People who've been on "lockdown" for years at a time have a pattern of completely going off the rails once they're given any freedom whatsoever.

So now she's "free", and people are throwing her a parade. And the truth is it won't be any surprise at all if she Demi Lovato's herself within a year. Hooray?

It's not like I'm rooting against her or anything, it's just that I've seen up close how these things go. People like her are the entire reason conservatorships are even a thing in the first place. Some people simply can't make good decisions and need someone else to run their sh*t. Her past speaks for itself.

It's not as simple as "She's being controlled" and "She has mental health issues" and "She deserves our sympathy." She's a f*cking drug addict, those people are simply not capable of taking care of themselves. Being a crackhead and having incredibly bad judgment kind of go hand-in-hand by definition.

I don't see this ending well. I've been to too many funerals, I know how these stories end.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:32 AM   #51
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Yes, there WAS a reason for her being "under control", indeed, but no one seems to remember. I'm a bit worried about her going back to drugs in no time.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:09 AM   #52
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I hope that she doesn't suffer the same fate as Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, Diana Frances Spencer, Anna Nicole Smith, and Whitney Houston.

I hope she will be able to get the care that she desperately needs.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:27 AM   #53
Leo656
The Franchise

The biggest problem - as we've seen already - is that SHE is 100% convinced that she does not and never did have a problem.

She's gone on and on about how awful her life has been with other people controlling her... but not a peep about any of her own behaviors that got things to that point.

That's dangerous.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 11:53 AM   #54
sdp
Megan Fox = April

no discussion of britney is allowed in this thread if it happened after 2009. that's the cut off date.

We're talking about a golden era when the MCU could have sex scenes and show skin

please pay your respect
Old 11-16-2021, 12:48 PM   #55
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Does anyone recall the Y2K Futurism fashion/movement?

Even though I don't really remember most of it, it must have been somewhat surreal. We were having this movement towards futuristic technology/mechanics, when we weren't even close to it.

I always wonder if society had kept going with it.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:06 AM   #56
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Does anyone recall the Y2K Futurism fashion/movement?

Even though I don't really remember most of it, it must have been somewhat surreal. We were having this movement towards futuristic technology/mechanics, when we weren't even close to it.

I always wonder if society had kept going with it.
It was a shame though the "gritty/realistic" style the 2000s decade got was alright, I feel only recently we've gone back to the futuristic style which is good a nice change.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #57
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I definitely miss the 90's, though. I think we had reached peak "fun" back then. Everything was extra AF, super colorful, crazy, edgy, hilarious, gross, loud, it was a punch in the face to all five senses. Growing up in that kind of period definitely shaped its youth in a unique way.
QFT, 100%

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:27 AM   #58
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
It was a shame though the "gritty/realistic" style the 2000s decade got was alright, I feel only recently we've gone back to the futuristic style which is good a nice change.

I feel that the grittiness that had pervaded pop culture ( at the time ) originated in the 1980's.

It just reached its peak within the 1990's/early-mid 2000's time period, before it ultimately declined during the late 2000's.

In another note, there was so much sexualization within the entertainment industry.

Just look at the music videos for Satisfaction and Destination Calabria. That's not even getting into the the sexualization of teenage girls.

Ugh ...

Last edited by Papenbrook; 11-23-2021 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:37 PM   #59
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I hope that she doesn't suffer the same fate as Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, Diana Frances Spencer, Anna Nicole Smith, and Whitney Houston.

I hope she will be able to get the care that she desperately needs.
Wow those are interesting parallels. But yeah.... I guess they do potentially fit.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:08 PM   #60
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Here is a music video that's straight out of the year 2000.

Spoiler:

It looks and sounds so ... retro.