The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-06-2022, 05:28 PM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
You really think they won't come after your rights, after more power? And do you really think living in a 'monarchy' run by the Republican party will be a complete paradise with no societal issues?
I think the point Andrew is making is that while there will still be ******** we'll have to deal with, it can't be as bad as what we're dealing with now.

Obviously neither side is nirvana, but it's really a 'lesser of two evils' at this point.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:42 PM   #42
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I think the point Andrew is making is that while there will still be ******** we'll have to deal with, it can't be as bad as what we're dealing with now.

Obviously neither side is nirvana, but it's really a 'lesser of two evils' at this point.
Nah. Any power left unchecked can lead to corruption. And honestly, the citizenry has done a sh*t job of keeping either 'side' accountable now. Because their 'team' couldn't possibly be corrupt.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:44 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

But the right, worst case scenario, what does that look like unchecked? What's the worst they would do? Because there is a very clear trajectory of what the left would do. They don't even hide the ball about it anymore.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:46 PM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Nah. Any power left unchecked can lead to corruption. And honestly, the citizenry has done a sh*t job of keeping either 'side' accountable now. Because their 'team' couldn't possibly be corrupt.
That's the only reason I wish Trump won, cause if he did crazy ****, there would be a lot of pushback from the left. There is no way Trump would have gotten away with the same **** Biden did if he was the pres.

But since Biden is 'one of the good guys' everyone is lining up to blow the guy and anyone that doesn't want to is seen as modern day Nazis that should be extinguished.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-06-2022, 05:53 PM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Look, I have no particular love for the republican party and I'd be libertarian if not for not having very much optimism at all for basic human nature in the country. Maybe that changes in the future (doubtful). But for now and probably for the foreseeable future the only vote for "not crazy town" is republican.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-06-2022 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:34 PM   #46
mrmaczaps
Banned

The Lunatic Left is modern day Nazi party. While the Right, just less so really... but whats really fun/funny is the folks that think those are the only two options.

I'm not a fan of ANY democrat. I'm also not really a fan of Trump and most Rs, like that one eyed nutjob out of Texas and his desire for red flag laws... no due process and a violation of 2a too. My states Governor is a literal crackhead yet there she is, running the state into bankruptcy... i don't trust anyone who has been in Office, at any level, more than 2 terms. *cough*susancollins*cough*

I'd most closely call myself a Constitutionalist. Stick with what works. Anyone who violates it, should be tried for treason. Currently, thats most of the ENTIRE Government. Reopen Gitmo (it was closed, right?) & lock em all up. Air drop food monthly. Let them struggle to survive, locked up with limited resources like nearly all of them did to us for the last 2 years. Pay-per-view it. Give the funds back to the People.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 08:55 PM   #47
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
The Lunatic Left is modern day Nazi party. While the Right, just less so really... but whats really fun/funny is the folks that think those are the only two options.

I'm not a fan of ANY democrat. I'm also not really a fan of Trump and most Rs, like that one eyed nutjob out of Texas and his desire for red flag laws... no due process and a violation of 2a too. My states Governor is a literal crackhead yet there she is, running the state into bankruptcy... i don't trust anyone who has been in Office, at any level, more than 2 terms. *cough*susancollins*cough*
Yep, this.

We definitely have more than two options. Unfortunately, most people prefer the 'football mentality' of there being two 'teams', and we must root for only one team. Politics is basically a sport nowadays.

And yeah, I remember the 'one eyed nutjob' (I believe Crenshaw?). So many conservative people were bending over backwards to defend him because Republican. I was aghast that they were supporting someone who actually trashed due process. I don't even know anymore, honestly. The world is going backwards faster than Superman did when turning back time in the movie...

Edit: I looked into Crenshaw briefly to see if it was the same guy, and found this from an article from early 2022:

Quote:
GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw delivered the message to a constituent at a town hall event in his native Texas that there isn't much Congressional Republicans can do for the January 6 riot prisoners, some of whom allege unfair and abusive treatment in the jail where they are being held before trial.
There isn't much Republicans can do here? Ah, yes, the Republicans totally have our backs, guys.

Just...wow. I thought these champions of the people supported 'the little guy'.

Sorry, I just can't with this. If they really cared, they'd do a lot to secure proper treatment for prison inmates (especially those being held in remand), and stop prison abuse, and support rights like due process. Come on. Why aren't people demanding better of these politicians? On BOTH sides?

Last edited by superstaff; 06-06-2022 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:20 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What are they or Crenshaw supposed to do? Democrats have control of congress right now.

Also, I've watched a lot of Crenshaw "in action." He's a very sharp, articulate guy. I don't think I've heard him say one thing I disagree with to date, certainly nothing about the border or COVID or any one of a number of topics. His retorts to AOC are always priceless. So what exactly are his questionable ideas or thoughts, in your estimation? Or just some general sense of "not doing enough" somehow?

Quote:
It's only funny if you think there's even a small chance that another party has any chance. I'm all about voting for who you want, who's the favorite or not -- absolutely that's your right -- but just don't act surprised when they only get 1% of the vote if it's someone other than democrat or republican.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-06-2022 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2022, 04:48 AM   #49
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What are they or Crenshaw supposed to do? Democrats have control of congress right now.
They could at least pretend to care.

Quote:
It's only funny if you think there's even a small chance that another party has any chance. I'm all about voting for who you want, who's the favorite or not -- absolutely that's your right -- but just don't act surprised when they only get 1% of the vote if it's someone other than democrat or republican.
This is only because most people are slaves to the two-party system, and enjoy politics the way they enjoy football. They even wear red or blue face paint on election night. Come the hell on.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:39 AM   #50
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:

Also, I've watched a lot of Crenshaw "in action." He's a very sharp, articulate guy. I don't think I've heard him say one thing I disagree with to date, certainly nothing about the border or COVID or any one of a number of topics. His retorts to AOC are always priceless. So what exactly are his questionable ideas or thoughts, in your estimation? Or just some general sense of "not doing enough" somehow?

Crenshaw is pro-red flag laws. Meaning no due process & the cops show up at 4am kicking your door in and murder you while you sleep. Sure, he slams AOC. Great. Yet when it comes down to it, they're on the same page about firearms.

Honestly with how people are obsessed with the 2 party system, no it doesn't have a chance but I still vote Independent. I didn't vote for Trump, the guy friends with all those terrible murderous turncoat democrats...

All the republicans could do more. Besides tweeting endlessly that they "want to do more, please send me money & vote for me" that they're doing...
Old 06-07-2022, 06:33 AM   #51
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Honestly with how people are obsessed with the 2 party system, no it doesn't have a chance but I still vote Independent. I didn't vote for Trump, the guy friends with all those terrible murderous turncoat democrats...

All the republicans could do more. Besides tweeting endlessly that they "want to do more, please send me money & vote for me" that they're doing...
I actually just saw a comment on Reddit that basically sums up how I feel on this subject, so I will copy/paste that:

Quote:
The big problem is in the US political system there are teams now. Someone is bad on one team they are rallied around by their side. Two Presidents have been impeached in the last 25 years and look at how the votes turned out. Pretty much party line, no matter what. You're telling me if a republican lied under oath about an affair like Clinton did those two sides wouldn't have flipped? You're telling me that if Gore was leading in the vote in 2000 in Florida the SCOTUS would have ruled the same, coincidentally amongst party lines? It's all a big joke.

And once in a while those teams agree, the funding to Ukraine passed 86-11 in the Senate. Do those people care? Of course not, they get donations from people who care about making money off of it. The only foreign policy decision I saw even remotely debated in the US was the 2003 Iraq war and even that passed pretty easily, people like Kerry or Biden or Hillary needed that vote to keep their presidential ambitions alive. Heck, I think Obama in his worthless state senate seat just skipped the vote so it couldn't be used against him.

In the private sector (ie: the one where we live) it doesn't work like this. Someone can do something slightly dumb and if there's enough motivation to "cancel" them (whatever that means) nobody is going to stick up for them. There aren't really teams like in politics and like in politics, money rules all. And most people aren't forced to vote like politicians are so just shrug their shoulders and don't care.

Honestly I'm not sure which is better. In politics you have 50% of the people who defend the guilty no matter what. In our lives you could have 1% of people attack the innocent and 0.1% bother defending them and they lose. I guess both situations suck.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:47 AM   #52
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
I actually just saw a comment on Reddit that basically sums up how I feel on this subject, so I will copy/paste that:
Correct. Of all that.

Our politicians, both "sides" sold us out to nazi ukraine.... which is a money laundering country for said politicians.... and Russia is just the bad guy because he's in on all this too.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:01 AM   #53
IMJ
Emperor

But your quote is not the problem with politics. It's the problem with humanity. The internet has granted us so much exposure to people outside of your local community that it's become apparent that most people will simply lie, gaslight and manipulate onto anyone whom they think can be crushed or moved by such tactics.

It's not political. It's instead a significant cross section of the population. We even see it here on the forums - leftist fools and forum bimbos who hate to the core and will rely on literally any social tactic to harm someone. It's even happened to me here - I've made some inescapable, logical points to a few of the people here and without any justification one of them bugged up and literally called me a racist in the hopes that others here who weren't following the written conversation would bandwagon on with her. Thankfully literally nobody took that bait and she took a huge social hit here. The point? It's simply what the bottom-feeders of society will do to win once they bug up.

Hence more and more why the silent, rationale members of society need to ignore these tactics completely and just move on while those people are left screaming to an empty room as their lives continue to diminish. It's not political. It's been normalized by society. These people are like the Alex Baldwin or George Clooney puppet in Team America. Making these nonsense, articulate points against capitalism, but later is challenged with failure and starts babbling incoherently about "the corporations", "the evil" and rolling it's eyes around it's head uncontrollably.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:18 AM   #54
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
But your quote is not the problem with politics. It's the problem with humanity.
Politics and humanity go hand in hand, especially in recent years.

Quote:
Hence more and more why the silent, rationale members of society need to ignore these tactics completely and just move on while those people are left screaming to an empty room as their lives continue to diminish. It's not political. It's been normalized by society.
It's tied in with politics because people have tied politics in with their overall identity. Not sure why you insist politics and humanity/human nature are completely separate here. It's also inherent with both 'sides' of the spectrum, it's a huge game of tug o war between the populace as they argue about whose ideals are the 'best' while the politicians gain more control and wealth. They often collude when it benefits them as well. Again, it's all tied in together in a vicious cycle that we are all dragged into, whether we like it or not.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:48 AM   #55
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
It's tied in with politics because people have tied politics in with their overall identity. Not sure why you insist politics and humanity/human nature are completely separate here
This is well stated and I agree. But it's beyond politics and into human nature when these practices (gaslighting, witch hunting, etc) become part of the normal, societal operating model. That's not politics anymore. Instead it's societal tactics.

You go to work and someone uses the example of accusation by use of language and someone is fired. That's not politics anymore. That's social sabotage.

Being informed on behavior, studying it, means that you compartmentalize the behaviors and classify them rather than clustering them. The negativity of language as sabotage, the use of "being offended" as a weapon all go beyond "politics" and "government" into simple social weapons. Your example ties the behaviors together automatically - like programming, but I'm saying that people choose to employ these tactics essentially out of a choice to manipulate and weaponize.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #56
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
This is well stated and I agree. But it's beyond politics and into human nature when these practices (gaslighting, witch hunting, etc) become part of the normal, societal operating model. That's not politics anymore. Instead it's societal tactics.

You go to work and someone uses the example of accusation by use of language and someone is fired. That's not politics anymore. That's social sabotage.

Being informed on behavior, studying it, means that you compartmentalize the behaviors and classify them rather than clustering them. The negativity of language as sabotage, the use of "being offended" as a weapon all go beyond "politics" and "government" into simple social weapons.
Thing is, I blame both the masses and the politicians for the mess we're all in right now. The masses for their ignorance and pettiness, and unwillingness to somehow come to an understanding. The politicians because they are cold, calculating, and clearly manipulating the masses, who seem to fall for every trick in the book. 'Middle men' like the media and celebrities assist the politicians. Vicious cycle as I said before. In the end, greed and the yearning to control and subjugate are what's destroying society, and while the politicians are the ones who are truly benefiting from this, the masses are essentially little soldiers who do their bidding, and can be just as greedy and thirsty for control as their political 'ovelords'.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Thing is, I blame both the masses and the politicians for the mess we're all in right now. The masses for their ignorance and pettiness, and unwillingness to somehow come to an understanding. The politicians because they are cold, calculating, and clearly manipulating the masses, who seem to fall for every trick in the book. 'Middle men' like the media and celebrities assist the politicians. Vicious cycle as I said before. In the end, greed and the yearning to control and subjugate are what's destroying society, and while the politicians are the ones who are truly benefiting from this, the masses are essentially little soldiers who do their bidding, and can be just as greedy and thirsty for control as their political 'ovelords'.
Old 06-07-2022, 04:47 PM   #58
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Interesting that you're replying to me with a gif/meme, that's usually a leftist trademark.
Old 06-07-2022, 04:52 PM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Interesting that you're replying to me with a gif/meme, that's usually a leftist trademark.
It's usually a 14 year-old girl trademark, but I don't care.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:11 PM   #60
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
LMAO you know the left can't meme.