The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #10021
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I'm playing Sea of Thieves and I just had something happen that solidified the game for me. I'm sailing around with Peanut and Stryker and another ship crosses our path and BOOM! we crash into it. Now we're expecting the worst because we have been plenty griefed at this point.

But when we start readying up for battle, we see the four of them on the side of their ship just dancing around. So we start dancing and waving, too, and they get the point that we're friendly. We get on their ship, play some music, dance around, get drunk, all that good stuff. They start sailing away so we're like **** it, let's go wherever they go and stay on their ship.

We end up going to one of the limited time events where we have to fight off tooooons of skeletons. Teamwork is the name of the game here. Stryker and Peanut get killed off pretty quickly, but they come back on our ship. It takes quite a bit to kill all the skeletons and the boss, but we do it. The treasure room opens up and there's soooooo much. We load everything back onto their ship and sail to an outpost to sell our stuff.

We divy up the treasure, sell everything, and complete our adventure. We spent quite a while with them, so when it was all over it was actually a little sad. When they get on their ship to sail away, we stay on the docks and wave goodbye. They wave back at us from their ship and (literally) sail off into the sunset.

It was dope.
I heard that it is engaging for some players. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this game will bring Rare back to prominence due to mixed reviews. I read it sold number 1 in the UK but I just don't see this game being a hit new IP. That's just me.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #10022
Ninjinister
無問題

Idk I have no interest in it but all of my friends and colleagues love it. Certainly the most attention that Rare has gotten in years.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #10023
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm playing Moss!

AND LIVE STREAMING IT!

So...watch me act like a fool as I can't get a mouse to cross a waterwheel.

It ultimately ended up taking three people to figure it out.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 04-13-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:18 AM   #10024
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Got that God of War PS4 Pro with the game. Yeeeeeeeeah boi.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #10025
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I'm playing Moss!

AND LIVE STREAMING IT!

So...watch me act like a fool as I can't get a mouse to cross a waterwheel.

It ultimately ended up taking three people to figure it out.
Moss was excellent! Can't wait for Book 2, which I can only assume is in the works.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:01 PM   #10026
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I started replaying Pokemon Colosseum. Hadn’t played it in nearly a decade. It’s a refreshing change from the core series games, as its tone and setting is darker and edgier. Holds up well, imo, though it has its flaws. Most of them were fixed by its sequel, XD, but that game has its own problems.
Wesley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #10027
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I started replaying Pokemon Colosseum. Hadn’t played it in nearly a decade. It’s a refreshing change from the core series games, as its tone and setting is darker and edgier. Holds up well, imo, though it has its flaws. Most of them were fixed by its sequel, XD, but that game has its own problems.
I remember playing that game about 10 years ago, fun times. I liked how Colosseum and Gale of Darkness had a story unlike Battle Revolution on the Wii.

Bought The Modern Warfare Trilogy for US $15 on playstation store, and it included DLC for the games. Been having a real fun time playing through Modern Warfare 2's story (since I already finished Call of Duty 4 before) and MW3's survival mode is awesome. I remember wanting the games really badly when they came out but they were too expensive back then.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:40 AM   #10028
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I remember playing that game about 10 years ago, fun times. I liked how Colosseum and Gale of Darkness had a story unlike Battle Revolution on the Wii.
Battle Revolution was such a mess. It's Pokemon Stadium but so bland and lackluster.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:42 PM   #10029
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most of the old Pokemon spinoff battle games on N64 and Gamecube have aged horribly. Well, they were never particularly good to begin with as they always got poor reviews on gaming sites, but given people wanted to see pokemon in 3D back then and most were young kids/teens when it came out, people excused the flaws.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:48 PM   #10030
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Most of the old Pokemon spinoff battle games on N64 and Gamecube have aged horribly. Well, they were never particularly good to begin with as they always got poor reviews on gaming sites, but given people wanted to see pokemon in 3D back then and most were young kids/teens when it came out, people excused the flaws.
The biggest selling point of Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 was being able to have your Pokemon on the Gameboy cartridge appear on the big screen. It was a dream come true for so many of us back in the day.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #10031
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The biggest selling point of Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 was being able to have your Pokemon on the Gameboy cartridge appear on the big screen. It was a dream come true for so many of us back in the day.
Yes I know, I was there. Just saying that they aged poorly, there's like almost no point for them now. Only good thing is the minigames on them.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #10032
Prowler
Emperor

When I was a kid I really wanted to play Pokémon Stadium. Its screenshots in game magazines looked so cool back in the day.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #10033
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I bit off topic but am I the only one who thinks the current gaming year is a bit of a downgrade compared to last year's, so far I only brought one game from 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #10034
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I bit off topic but am I the only one who thinks the current gaming year is a bit of a downgrade compared to last year's, so far I only brought one game from 2018.
Good games this year, depending on tastes:

Monster Hunter
Dragonball Fighter Z
Kirby Star Allies
Yakuza 6
God of War

Plenty of great games here, God of War is excellent.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:49 AM   #10035
Ninjinister
無問題

So far this year, I've bought new:

Kirby Battle Royale
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Kirby: Star Allies
Skullgirls (Vita physical)
Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death

I have pre-ordered so far:
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
SNK Heroines
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
Brawlout
Sonic Mania Plus
SoulCalibur VI
Sega Genesis Classics
Shaq Fu: The Legend Continues
Crash N-Sane Trilogy (Switch)
Blade Strangers
Penguin Wars

Now some of these are just physical releases or ports of stuff released previously, but all-in all... well sh*t I better get a second job or start canceling some of this.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #10036
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Yesterday, I played Super Mario 64 for the first time since 1997, when I got the game.

For some reason though, the game would just cut out in the middle of when I'm playing, and then I'd have to start all over. I'm not sure what could be wrong since all of the cables and adapter were plugged in securely.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #10037
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Yesterday, I played Super Mario 64 for the first time since 1997, when I got the game.
I played a tad of Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo-Kazooie again back in Summer 2015 or so just for nostalgia sake. I think the 3 games have aged rather well for the time they've been released, even if Mario 64 graphics look quite outdated these days and the camera can be annoying, but it was rather annoying already back in 1996, tbh.

I've always wondered how Blast Corps would feel these days. I really loved that game when I was a kid. It's one of the most underrated Rare N64 games.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:27 PM   #10038
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I played a tad of Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo-Kazooie again back in Summer 2015 or so just for nostalgia sake. I think the 3 games have aged rather well for the time they've been released, even if Mario 64 graphics look quite outdated these days and the camera can be annoying, but it was rather annoying already back in 1996, tbh.
I actually don't remember the camera being so awkward back then, but now I'm starting to see it. I'm trying to collect 120 starts in SM64 again, and I'm reminded of how much of a pain in the neck it was.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #10039
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I actually don't remember the camera being so awkward back then, but now I'm starting to see it. I'm trying to collect 120 starts in SM64 again, and I'm reminded of how much of a pain in the neck it was.
Donkey Kong 64's camera was worse, though. SM64's is decent compared to it.

Is the DS remake of SM64 good btw?
Old 05-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #10040
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Playing through my old library of PS3 games which I haven't touched in a while.

LittleBigPlanet, God of War 3, Playstation All Stars and Sonic Unleashed. They're all pretty fun to this day, don't plan on getting a ps4 anytime soon.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games