The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Fanmade TMNT websites from a long time ago

In the early days of the internet and up until the 2k3 series came out, there were a bunch of TMNT fanmade websites dedicated to the FW series. Since many people on these forums are from that time and some of you probably made or knew who made some of those websites, let's talk about those days shall we?

From the top of my head, there was TMNT Dissected, which analysed FW characters' from a psychological POV. Here it is: http://web.archive.org/web/200908302...characters.htm

Does anyone else remember this website? I mentioned it the other day, but couldn't remember its name until Dejablue told me the name of it and sent me a link. Holy ****, I read this website when I was like 12 years old

Then there's others. A major one was Ninja Turtles Network. I remember it having f FW episode screencaps with its animation errors. Hint. There were TONS of those.

I'm sure there's more, but I either don't remember them or never saw them.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
dragonside
Hench Mutant

i just read some of these and wow.... i am very surprised by some of the analysis.

It's a super interesting interpretation and I guess now an artifact of that time period.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I thought TMNT Dissected was hilarious, and assumed it was just having some fun over-analyzing a kid's show.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:08 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

Then there's others. A major one was Ninja Turtles Network. I remember it having f FW episode screencaps with its animation errors. Hint. There were TONS of those.
Ninja Turtles Network was run by Vegita-san. Yes, the same Vegita-san on these forums. Really makes you think.

Hard to believe I used to visit his site regularly back in the day, especially when he put eps of the original cartoon up to download in the late 90's and early 2000's, which were special back then because this was before the DVDs came out and when the show wasn't able to be watched anywhere unless you had old VHS tapes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

I used to visit this directory of some of the most popular TMNT fan sites in the early 2000s and man are these sites primitive compared to today. Even back then it was difficult to navigate them. Most of them are dedicated to fan-fiction, but in an era before YouTube, they were great for seeing what other incarnations of TMNT were like. Mikey's TMNT used to be my go-to blog for TMNT news right after ninjaturtles.com. There was also tOkKa's site and he is still active on social media. Cherubae's Ninja Turtle Dimension had some neat screenshots and bios of the Next Mutation. Ninja Turtles Network was pretty cool for having Real Media videos of Turtle Tips, the anime, and the Next Mutation, as well as some of the promos for the 4Kids series premiere.

There were also some Spanish and Russian fansites that I liked because they would have long clips from the movies. I also used to visit an Angelfire site that had screenshots of most of the 4Kids episodes soon after they aired, but I forgot its name. A lot of the links and pictures from these sites are missing, but if you look hard enough you might find some pretty rare stuff.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:47 AM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ninja Turtles Network was run by Vegita-san. Yes, the same Vegita-san on these forums. Really makes you think.

Hard to believe I used to visit his site regularly back in the day, especially when he put eps of the original cartoon up to download in the late 90's and early 2000's, which were special back then because this was before the DVDs came out and when the show wasn't able to be watched anywhere unless you had old VHS tapes.
HOLY SH*T, REALLY?!
Old 12-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes, hard to believe it's the same guy. He was only in his 20's back then I believe.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I remember that site. That was a fun stroll down memory lane. Thanks.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:18 AM   #9
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I hope the homepage format will return one day, of course, in an improved way.

So much great job was done behind these.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Mine's still up. The message board is non-functional, of course.

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/tmnt/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #11
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Mine's still up. The message board is non-functional, of course.

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/tmnt/
I know you didn't write them all alone, but will there be a continuation of Transcension, Deliverance and Ascension? (with the turtles of the IDW comics, Nickelodeon series, Platinum Dunes films and Rise of the TMNT. Dreamwave is also missing, even if it lasted only a few issues).
Old 01-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I know you didn't write them all alone, but will there be a continuation of Transcension, Deliverance and Ascension? (with the turtles of the IDW comics, Nickelodeon series, Platinum Dunes films and Rise of the TMNT. Dreamwave is also missing, even if it lasted only a few issues).
"Odyssey" is largely a adaptation of those combined, if told somewhat differently. "Ascension" was going to be finished and Jephael was going to help but... he got pretty weird so that was that.

Largely "Ascension" was going to deal with a "good" Shogun doing the opposite of what he did in "Transcension," with Peter and Kevin serving as basically the main characters throughout (which "Odyssey" got a small dash of).
Old 01-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #13
cammy85
Stone Warrior

I remember one that had a continuation fanfic series that was really well done; and even rewrote the stories until he got it right. It unfortunately stopped on a cliffhanger where it looked like Shredder and Krang WOULD be defeated for good. It brought Dregg and Mung back for a bit and even they had their closure, unfortunate as it was. It sucks we never got to see how it ended.

Edit: I remember they did have a final story, cleverly titled "Vernon Saves The Day", but it was only partway done.

Last edited by cammy85; 01-26-2019 at 12:04 PM.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:18 PM   #14
Overlord

I redisocvered TMNT some weeks before Christmas 2003, and would read these fansites throughout 2004.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:25 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It used to be a lot of fun to bounce around the Ring of Green and see all the sites.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #16
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It used to be a lot of fun to bounce around the Ring of Green and see all the sites.
If I click on a link on the Ring of Green-Ninja Turtles Empire, some music begins to download in my computer, and I have to remove it. So I prefer the stories over Fanfiction Net.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:34 PM   #17
pferreira
Foot Elite

I miss TMNT Dissected. I wish it was completed.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:23 AM   #18
Overlord

It feels like travelling back in time, to pre-boradband days when a lot of things (including the TMNT franchise) were surrounded by some kind of "mysticism".
Old 02-01-2019, 12:54 PM   #19
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
It feels like travelling back in time, to pre-boradband days when a lot of things (including the TMNT franchise) were surrounded by some kind of "mysticism".
More like the sites had less resources behind them so the creators had to work twice as hard to put the websites together so obviously in retrospect there's very much a scrapbook feel to the websites but still fun to revisit. You can really see the effort put into some of these sites.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:13 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
More like the sites had less resources behind them so the creators had to work twice as hard to put the websites together so obviously in retrospect there's very much a scrapbook feel to the websites but still fun to revisit. You can really see the effort put into some of these sites.
That's one of the things I miss from the older internet days. Back then A LOT of people had their own websites or made several webpages on websites like geocities, angelfire, tripod, etc. Most of the times the websites were either amateurish or not exactly made with a lot of resources, but you could feel the passion just from looking at them. All the pages I made on geocities when I was a kid/teenager were terrible, but I had A LOT of fun making them.

Nowadays the internet is too centralised. Everyone goes on the same core websites. And most people no longer make their own websites. I don't think places where you can create your own webpages for free such as geocities, tripod, angelfire, etc. are a thing any longer. Nowadays people would rather just make a Facebook or Instagram profile or something like that.

The internet has improved tenfold in terms of speed and accessibility since the early 2000s, but a lot of cool stuff was lost in the way as well. Fansites were always cool to check. Nowadays everything just feels too corporate. Back then it truly seemed like the internet was an ocean and that you were actually surfing on it.