The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #41
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Very nice playset so far! And the outdoor photos look cool.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:31 PM   #42
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

You should have your Toon-Cycle soon.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #43
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Very nice playset so far! And the outdoor photos look cool.
Thank you, sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Doo Doo Acureds*** View Post
You should have your Toon-Cycle soon.
Excellent, thanks! Oddly enough I'd received notification of refusal just an hour or two before receiving notification that you'd accepted and I'd won the item. I assume it automatically sends such a notice if an offer is made that doesn't meet a pre-set lowest acceptable price? I've never dealt with Make an Offer before.

Whatever the case, the motorcycle is gonna reside in the background in the sewer to suggest a Cowabunga Carl kind of deal, and I've had a dumb but fun idea for the Raph figure for several years. Looking forward to finally getting around to it.

I captured a few more Turtle portraits yesterday, too, so I should be sharing those soon.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #44
Will not be censored

Did you make more than one offer? I think your first offer was below the parameters I'd set, and your second offer was in between them, so everything was done automatically. I usually do it that way because it saves a lot of work for me. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 08-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #45
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Ah, that explains it; I did indeed make two offers. Honestly, as much as anything else I was just experimenting to see how Make an Offer works, but that said, I'm glad I won the item.

Once I have Raph in hand I'll see whether I want to get the other three 'Toon Turtles... and I still want the movie star versions... and the 2003 versions... oy.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #46
raven6859
Hench Mutant

Those lair pieces look great, that weird Hot Wheels thing looks like exactly the kind of clutter they would have in the lair! The Fisher Price playset looks cool with the Turtles. I have the Fisher Price Major Powers playset which is a similar style and scale and I think it'll look great with some paint to bring out the details
raven6859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #47
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven6859 View Post
Those lair pieces look great, that weird Hot Wheels thing looks like exactly the kind of clutter they would have in the lair! The Fisher Price playset looks cool with the Turtles. I have the Fisher Price Major Powers playset which is a similar style and scale and I think it'll look great with some paint to bring out the details
Thanks! Coincidentally, I was studying your Flickr photostream again when I received notification of your comment. Your dioramas are so friggin' good, man!
Old 08-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #48
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Williams View Post
Ah, that explains it; I did indeed make two offers. Honestly, as much as anything else I was just experimenting to see how Make an Offer works, but that said, I'm glad I won the item.

Once I have Raph in hand I'll see whether I want to get the other three 'Toon Turtles... and I still want the movie star versions... and the 2003 versions... oy.
I can help you with all of this. I've helped several people complete sets of figures. Just don't have me hunt down anything if you aren't serious about buying it. I seem to run into that problem alot.
Quote:

Old 08-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #49
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I can help you with all of this. I've helped several people complete sets of figures.
Oh wow. I was just whining, it didn't occur to me you could get them.

Quote:
Just don't have me hunt down anything if you aren't serious about buying it. I seem to run into that problem alot.
That's messed up. Rest assured I wouldn't do that, and indeed I'll advise you not to pursue anything yet, 'cause unless my Rancor and/or Gipsy Danger sell, I won't have money anytime soon, especially for the movie star figures, which tend to go for much more than they're worth in my opinion. Also a buddy might be sending me his movie star figures so I can photograph them, and really that's all I need them for, so I'm not sure yet whether I'll pursue those.

What do you reckon it'd cost for the four Turtles from the 2003 series? I'd prefer them loose, and with black belts, and while I love articulation I'd prefer the initial releases to the Fighting Gear or any other articulated variant. I also wouldn't necessarily need their accessories, 'cause I don't care for them anyway; they're too cartoony. I'd probably just have them borrow the NECA accessories my Nick Turtles use.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #50
Will not be censored

If you just need them with their belts (which are black with a brown wash) I could probably get all four for between $30 and $40 shipped at the most.
Quote:

Old 08-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #51
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
If you just need them with their belts (which are black with a brown wash) I could probably get all four for between $30 and $40 shipped at the most.
That's pretty tempting. I'll see what I can do, but don't pursue anything yet. Alternately, I have trade stuff if you go that route. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #52
Will not be censored

Quote:
That's pretty tempting. I'll see what I can do, but don't pursue anything yet. Alternately, I have trade stuff if you go that route. Thanks!
Depends on what you have. I can get you Don and Mike for $15 shipped.
Quote:

Old 08-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #53
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

I'll PM ya so we don't spam everyone with our wheelin' and dealing'.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #54
raven6859
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Thanks! Coincidentally, I was studying your Flickr photostream again when I received notification of your comment. Your dioramas are so friggin' good, man!
Thanks so much!
raven6859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #55
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

In this latest ridiculous update, Sam and Twitch take a break from Rat City to investigate a persistent urban myth about humanoid turtles living in the sewer (Update: the Sam and Twitch photo is one of 2,000 photos deleted from Flickr), while Sigma 6 Hi-Tech's H.O.U.N.D. droid serves as an modernized, streamlined Knucklehead (I added a Xevoz claw for giggles) and Leonardo goes on a spirit quest.

Also:

Last edited by Monte Williams; 08-25-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Monte Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #56
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Haha the pic of the 4 turtles walking to Pizza Hut is awesome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:14 PM   #57
UNDR
Foot Soldier

Some amazing art work and love the characters.
UNDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:03 AM   #58
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Haha the pic of the 4 turtles walking to Pizza Hut is awesome!
Thanks! In two days it earned more Favorites and comments than any other photo in my photostream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDR View Post
Some amazing art work and love the characters.
Thank you very much!

A short update this time. I visited the thrift shop again, and again I scored a bunch of skate ramps! I want to reiterate that this thrift store has been utterly useless to me for years, and suddenly it's All Awesome, All the Time; in addition to the skate ramps, I also scored a broken train set which will be perfect for a weird Tonto photo I have wanted to capture for months. Huzzah!

Bricks! Stairs! Whoo-hoo! I can just about build a cool lair using nothing but skate crap at this point!

(Update: All the photos in question are deleted now, but I never ended up getting my poop in a pile and completing a sewer diorama anyway, so no big loss.)

I also got a free item from a store because I asked what they'd be doing with it when their promotion was done and the vendor said I could have it. Photos tomorrow, most likely.

Finally, I visited the drive-in theater tonight for a second viewing of Guardians of the Galaxy... and a second viewing of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Good times.

Last edited by Monte Williams; 08-25-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #59
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I also got a free item from a store because I asked what they'd be doing with it when their promotion was done and the vendor said I could have it. Photos tomorrow, most likely.
And here we are.

If you have the vintage Turtle Blimp or the Nick Turtle Blimp, then you have a blimp that's far superior to mine. But if nothing else, the price was right!

I reckon Don stole the blimp and hasn't gotten around to giving it a makeover or weapons.

Last edited by Monte Williams; 08-25-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #60
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Mikey holding up the Millennium Falcon is probably my fave pic, but they all look great.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote