The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

How common is your birthday?

Ever wondered how common your birthday is? Or how common certain birthdays seem to be over others?

Well, take a look at these stats: http://thedailyviz.com/2016/09/17/ho...hday-dailyviz/

Where does your birthday fall into? Mine is ranked 141st as far as popularity/how common it is goes. I'm surprised July, August and September are the top 3 most common birthday months and that December seems to be number 4. I could swear November was gonna be top 3. Granted these stats are USA only, but I've lost track of how many people I've met who were born in November. I've even met a couple of people who share my birthday(November 15) and a few born a day or two before or after it. I'm not surprised September is top 3 since that one always seemed so common to me, but surprised about July and August. Maybe I just don't notice as much since those are usually holiday months and thus you don't see those people as often. My grandmother was born in August, actually.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:22 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

12/24 364th 8,069

What. Some of the least amount of people are born on Christmas eve? Wow, I didn't know I was born on one of the least common days of the year.

It's kind of ironic that I was born on Christmas even when I don't even celebrate Christmas either. The irony is strong here. How ironic.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
12/24 364th 8,069

What. Some of the least amount of people are born on Christmas eve? Wow, I didn't know I was born on one of the least common days of the year.

It's kind of ironic that I was born on Christmas even when I don't even celebrate Christmas either. The irony is strong here. How ironic.
That doesn't surprise me at all, tbh. I've never met anyone born on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. The closest I know is a guy born on December 31. He always throws a big party to celebrate both his birthday and the New Year's.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well given thousands (millions?) of people are born every day every year, there's got to be millions of people born on Christmas Eve or Christmas day somewhere in the world.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:33 PM   #5
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I share mine with a few famous people. Dec. 2nd.

12/2 152nd 3/11 11,182

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 07-04-2017 at 03:40 PM.
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:33 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Well given thousands (millions?) of people are born every day every year, there's got to be millions of people born on Christmas Eve or Christmas day somewhere in the world.
Ofc but I'm yet to meet any.

It's kinda funny how so many people are born in the Summer and in September. You'd think Summer(aka the hottest months) would be people's favourite time of the year to make babies since it's the mating season. I'm surprised a lot more people don't forget protection during that time of the year

As for other notorious dates... do you know anyone born on, let's say, Valentine's Day?

I know a guy who told me once that he knew lots of people born on September 11(not 2001, though). By "lots" I'm gonna assume he means more than 4-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I share mine with a few famous people. Dec. 2nd.
Apparently Macho Man Randy Savage was also born on November 15. There's also two anime characters, from the same anime to boot, born on Nov 15 as well. Kasuga Kyosuke and Hikaru Hiyama from Kimagure Orange Road. I was surprised when I saw the episode dedicated to their birthday. I was like "holy hell that's my bday!"
Old 07-04-2017, 03:33 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Babies pop out at any time. It's not like people plan for kids to be born around important holiday's or important world events.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:34 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Babies pop out at any time. It's not like people plan for kids to be born around important holiday's or important world events.
I'm aware of that.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:50 PM   #9
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
That doesn't surprise me at all, tbh. I've never met anyone born on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. The closest I know is a guy born on December 31. He always throws a big party to celebrate both his birthday and the New Year's.
My best friend's birthday is December 25. Other than him, I don't know anyone else with a Christmas birthday.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #10
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
My best friend's birthday is December 25. Other than him, I don't know anyone else with a Christmas birthday.
Is your friend Jesus?
Old 07-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

4/22, ranked 283rd.

Looking at Christmas, Christmas Eve, and (if this is possibly U.S. based study) the 4th of July, I can only assume there has been a lot of induced labor factoring into this chart. (The column for the 13th is noticeably a bit lighter as well.)

Funny though how you can kind of tell in the spring and early summer months (based on conception periods) people are a bit more busy with other things.

Don't personlly know any Dec. 25th babies, but a friend I've known most of my life is New Years Eve and my dad was New Years Day.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #12
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:

Actually, yes they do. A lot of people try to plan their pregnancies so the birth coincides with a certain holiday. Like all the women who try to induce labor around New Years in hopes of having the new year's very first baby. It's considered good luck by some people. So are Halloween, Christmas, July 4th, and Valentine's. Christmas just happens to be harder to hit because the holiday stress tend to lead to kids born earlier or later.

Quote:
Ofc but I'm yet to meet any.

It's kinda funny how so many people are born in the Summer and in September. You'd think Summer(aka the hottest months) would be people's favourite time of the year to make babies since it's the mating season. I'm surprised a lot more people don't forget protection during that time of the year

"Mating season" is typically mid-winter to early spring. That's why so many animals are born in mid to late spring. Humans are no different. So all those babies born in summer are the product of "spring fever" or winter boredom....

Old 07-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #13
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

My stepdads mother was born Dec 31st, just before midnight.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:26 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Actually, yes they do. A lot of people try to plan their pregnancies so the birth coincides with a certain holiday. Like all the women who try to induce labor around New Years in hopes of having the new year's very first baby. It's considered good luck by some people. So are Halloween, Christmas, July 4th, and Valentine's. Christmas just happens to be harder to hit because the holiday stress tend to lead to kids born earlier or later.

"Mating season" is typically mid-winter to early spring. That's why so many animals are born in mid to late spring. Humans are no different. So all those babies born in summer are the product of "spring fever" or winter boredom....
Well usually when I hear about "mating season" for humans it's Summer. Isn't Spring the time where gym goers stop bulking and start cutting in order to show off at the beach and the pool? I mean Summer is when it's the hottest all year round and when people show the most skin in public. There's even the term "Summer love/Summer romance".
Old 07-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #15
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

True but Spring Fever is when people start getting restless from months spent cooped up indoors and start looking for distractions.....

(And we get some distraction-making in winter when peopke "cuddle" or do other things to stay warm or pass the time when it gets dark so much earlier.)

Summer is more of a time to enhoy being outdoors and getting some sun, which also boosts energy and spirits. But yes romance can be part of that too. But summer love is really more a product of modern times when teens are out of school.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
True but Spring Fever is when people start getting restless from months spent cooped up indoors and start looking for distractions.....

(And we get some distraction-making in winter when peopke "cuddle" or do other things to stay warm or pass the time when it gets dark so much earlier.)

Summer is more of a time to enhoy being outdoors and getting some sun, which also boosts energy and spirits. But yes romance can be part of that too. But summer love is really more a product of modern times when teens are out of school.
Yeah you mostly hear people aged 15-24 looking forward to the summer.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #17
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

5/29 at 312th. Pretty low on the list
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:29 AM   #18
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Is your friend Jesus?
Oh man, he's latino. Too bad his name isn't Jesus. lol I so would tease him over that....but he's already jokingly said he's going to hell anyway. I jokingly say the same thing about myself.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:36 AM   #19
Guile
Banned

7/4, ranked 363rd.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #20
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Looks like it's pretty common... I had no idea. I guess if you count backwards, November must be a very romantic month.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote