The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #1
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

How did you come across the Technodrome Forums?

If I remember correctly I did a Google search for TMNT collections. I clicked on a photo that linked back to the forums. Started looking around the place for a few months and then signed up.

What's your story?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty sure I discovered this place around 2001/2002. I knew of ninjaturtles.com since 1997 which was the official Mirage website, but it had no forums.

It was basically around the time the 2k3 cartoon was starting that I wanted to discuss it but I still didn't post here till 2004, till a year later. I was still regularly posting on IGN at the time as my "main forum" so I didn't start coming to other places till a few years later.

I wonder why I didn't register sooner, but I don't know. This is going back nearly 15 years so...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

I looked up "TMNT forum" in December of 2012.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
Prowler
Emperor

I cant' remember. I think I ended up on these forums for the first time ever many many years before I even decided to finally join them. Must have been through a random TMNT google search back in 2004 or something.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I think I was looking up news for the 2012 series and then this site came up in the search results.

The rest is history.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty sure I discovered this place around 2001/2002. I knew of ninjaturtles.com since 1997 which was the official Mirage website, but it had no forums.

It was basically around the time the 2k3 cartoon was starting that I wanted to discuss it but I still didn't post here till 2004, till a year later. I was still regularly posting on IGN at the time as my "main forum" so I didn't start coming to other places till a few years later.

I wonder why I didn't register sooner, but I don't know. This is going back nearly 15 years so...
Oh man the old ninjaturtles.com website was great. Nostalgia.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, but for some reason ninjaturtles.com never had a forum. Been visiting it since 1997 till 2009-2010 when it shut down. I remember asking Dan Berger why the site didn't have a forum way back in 2004 or so and he said, "Because we would have no way of regulating the site" or something. Given the entire Mirage staff were old fogey's at 40-50 years old at the time, I can see why he wasn't used to the idea.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, but for some reason ninjaturtles.com never had a forum. Been visiting it since 1997 till 2009-2010 when it shut down. I remember asking Dan Berger why the site didn't have a forum way back in 2004 or so and he said, "Because we would have no way of regulating the site" or something. Given the entire Mirage staff were old fogey's at 40-50 years old at the time, I can see why he wasn't used to the idea.
Well it's best for fan forums to not be affiliated with the property themselves. And besides, lots of TMNt staff post or have posted here anyway.

My first exposure to Mriage comics was on the old ninjaturtles.com website. I read the first issue around 2003 or so? I found it rather sinister/dark at first.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

The official Nick website has forums for it's shows, but they're mostly filled with kids.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #10
Prowler
Emperor

The FoxBox website used ot have a section for the 2k3 show. I sometimes played the TMNT flash games it had there. there was a poll for people to pick their favourite turtle... Leo had about 45% of votes. Mikey and Raph were tied pretty much and Don was dead last lol. This back in 2004 or so.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I started lurking here in 2013 when I became a tmnt fan again after losing interest in it the first time somewhere around 2008/2009.

Happened to look on Google for things like "Tmnt 1987 vs 2003 comparison" and came across this site.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #12
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I don't remember anymore, probably through a google search.

Oh, I miss the old ninjaturtles.com website. One of the first websites I found that wasn't school related, and the first time I actually read some of the mirage issues
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I don't remember anymore, probably through a google search.

Oh, I miss the old ninjaturtles.com website. One of the first websites I found that wasn't school related, and the first time I actually read some of the mirage issues
It was one of my most visited websites back in 2003-2005.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #14
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I was told about this forum from someone that I would occasionally chat with on another art site.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird to think I've been visiting almost all the same sites and forums for like 15 years. There's only very few places I left entirely and don't visit anymore.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #16
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

The link is on the sidebar of DrSpenglers blog "TMNT Entity". Checked it out years ago and lurked since. Figured, screw it, I'll join.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
It's weird to think I've been visiting almost all the same sites and forums for like 15 years. There's only very few places I left entirely and don't visit anymore.
Not counting wikipedia, youtube, google and the likes, this is one of the websites I've been visiting the most for years now.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #18
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:

How would you guess you discovered it around 2001/2002? You might have used Ask Jeeves?

I remember years ago when you wanted to visit a website you had to actually know the domain name and type it in. For example,
http://www.thetechnodrome.com.
I could imagine people years ago had found the website somehow and then noticed the forum section. But now some folks only know of the forums because of using search engines. Just a quick search and click without even typing the actual domain name. They don't even know about the website. There were a lot of websites I never knew about back in the day because search engines weren't as popular and I never heard the address mentioned before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I looked up "TMNT forum" in December of 2012.
Simple and direct. I like that.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was searching ninja turtles in ancient search engines from 2001 and obviously this site must have come up. Found ninjaturtles.com very easily, there were also Ring of Green fan rings when those old fansites existed before social media took over.

The internet was basically in it's infancy back then. It was a place of geocities and tripod sites, you young kids of today will never know what it was like back then.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
How would you guess you discovered it around 2001/2002? You might have used Ask Jeeves?

I remember years ago when you wanted to visit a website you had to actually know the domain name and type it in. For example,
http://www.thetechnodrome.com.
I could imagine people years ago had found the website somehow and then noticed the forum section. But now some folks only know of the forums because of using search engines. Just a quick search and click without even typing the actual domain name. They don't even know about the website. There were a lot of websites I never knew about back in the day because search engines weren't as popular and I never heard the address mentioned before.

Huh yahoo search was a thing back then already. So I guess he found it out that way? I mean, how else would people be able to find out a website out of the blue back then?