The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #2061
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

This screenshot has been floating around Instagram, and I cannot manage to match it to any of the footage that has been released...does anyone know where this is from?
Old 03-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #2062
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I wonder if that's a leaked image from the new trailer that was registered a while back.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #2063
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It feels familiar. Might have been in the trailer I caught on tv last night.

Don't quite recall what channel it even was, it might have been Nicktoons. (Nick something either way, I was surprised to see it considering I don't think my cable company ever allowed it to show on Nick last time.) Had switched over to the channel just as it aired during commercials.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:04 PM   #2064
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Ok, I managed to change settings in the capture software, and managed to edit the recording in PowerDirector without getting any errors, right now the clip is being uploaded to the tinypic site, will post a link when it's done. the file ended up being 96.6MB

in the meantime, Here's Shredder with the mask on, its not from the clip though.
https://twitter.com/JohnnyQuinn25/st...59321589768193

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdZfyjbUsAAVCpL.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdZfyk8UMAAJAmr.jpg
I like it. Plus, it goes really well with the suit he is wearing.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:06 PM   #2065
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Yes Yes Yes I like it it's an improvement over what we had before I ain't even mad

Last edited by DioLeo451; 03-13-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:13 PM   #2066
Galactus
Foot Elite

I'm sure last night when watching one of the recording of the footage on youtube I clicked one of the recommended that featured the above image as a screenshot under the title 'panel footage' or something along those line but it's content had been removed by Viacom.

Anyway watching the clip again it strikes me that Raphael takes out three separate Foot bikers. Wouldn't it have been a better idea to have Leo and Mike leap out with him and and seize a bike themselves, at least it would have showed some combat skills for the group (well except for Donnie) it would have at least been something.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #2067
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Anyway watching the clip again it strikes me that Raphael takes out three separate Foot bikers. Wouldn't it have been a better idea to have Leo and Mike leap out with him and and seize a bike themselves, at least it would have showed some combat skills for the group (well except for Donnie) it would have at least been something.
The clip was literally just a toy commercial.

And yeah, it's more evidence of the Hulk-like invincibility of the BayTurtles. He jumps out of a truck moving at high speed, doesn't take a lick of damage, and takes out multiple ninjas like they're bowling pins. All for the sake of a "kewl" action scene that makes no logical sense whatsoever.

*sigh*

...forget it, Bry. It's BayTurtles.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:30 PM   #2068
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
The clip was literally just a toy commercial.

And yeah, it's more evidence of the Hulk-like invincibility of the BayTurtles. He jumps out of a truck moving at high speed, doesn't take a lick of damage, and takes out multiple ninjas like they're bowling pins. All for the sake of a "kewl" action scene that makes no logical sense whatsoever.

*sigh*

...forget it, Bry. It's BayTurtles.

Who needs combat skills when you can throw yourself out the back of a moving vehicle as a living speed bump and walk away with out a scratch. And id say it's worse than a toy commercial.even after 27 years of creating turtle themed vehicles playmates haven't gotten desperate enough to throw giant nunchuck arms on one

Last edited by slingtheory; 03-13-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:56 PM   #2069
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
http://i.imgur.com/AwDZ5iX.jpg

This screenshot has been floating around Instagram, and I cannot manage to match it to any of the footage that has been released...does anyone know where this is from?
That's from the TMNT Presentation from the beginning, the one Nickelodeon posted cuts out the beginning with Shredder and you see new shots of the Turtles.

You can see that part here.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BC6W3G-o...en-by=eggarzon

Last edited by TigerClaw; 03-13-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #2070
Galactus
Foot Elite

As much as I disliked the previous movie I will say that the snow chase scene was genuinely well done and engaging. I didn't care for Raph magically shrinking to fit though the car windshield and so on but I can see why that was the movie's big selling point in terms of how they talked it up and it being a big part of all of the the trailers and extended sneak peek during the special.

This scene seems to be the equivalent in the sequel. The big selling point in all the trailers and likewise has an extended sneak peek during a tv special and it's nowhere near as good. It's basically the Way Out Wacky Races and only Raphael does something vaguely ninja.

To damn them with faint praise I will say the take they've used in clip show differs from the earlier trailer as it doesn't look like Michelangelo gurns so much when the giant nunchuks come off the truck. Good, in this case less is more then again we've got Raphael with that over the top expression going on so one step forward and all that.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #2071
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post

Not yet removed...not yet.
Seeing Raphael ride the motorcycle was really cool.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #2072
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

From that scene alone, it shows that the director doesn't even know how to direct/edit an action sequence.

Raph is going towards 2 guys in motorcycles...perhaps to clothesline them both.

I say 'perhaps' because, before he is close to them, in the Very Next Shot the 2 guys are on the ground and Raph is on a cycle (that I guess was one which was behind the two he was aiming for?)

Did he hit the bikes themselves? Clothesline the folks off of them? Something else?

Any competent action director would show the hero actually 'HIT' the people he/they are intending to hit, among other stuff...

What, is it 'Too Intense for Kids' to see one of the heroes hit folks off and make Impact to take them off of their bikes...so they have to make some sort of 'awkward' edit that looks like a Jump Cut?

It's a horrible cut aka piece of editing.

(At the 2 Minute Mark) THIS is how you do it...

Last edited by Ramboraph4life aka Matt; 03-13-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #2073
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

I noticed that there is a "Foot Stinks" sticker that looks similar to the one on the original Turtle Van toy.

Spoiler:

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
Old 03-13-2016, 10:29 PM   #2074
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
I noticed that there is a "Foot Stinks" sticker that looks similar to the one on the original Turtle Van toy.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:42 PM   #2075
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
From that scene alone, it shows that the director doesn't even know how to direct/edit an action sequence.

Raph is going towards 2 guys in motorcycles...perhaps to clothesline them both.

I say 'perhaps' because, before he is close to them, in the Very Next Shot the 2 guys are on the ground and Raph is on a cycle (that I guess was one which was behind the two he was aiming for?)

Did he hit the bikes themselves? Clothesline the folks off of them? Something else?

Any competent action director would show the hero actually 'HIT' the people he/they are intending to hit, among other stuff...

What, is it 'Too Intense for Kids' to see one of the heroes hit folks off and make Impact to take them off of their bikes...so they have to make some sort of 'awkward' edit that looks like a Jump Cut?

It's a horrible cut aka piece of editing.

(At the 2 Minute Mark) THIS is how you do it...

honestly bro, this reminds me of the Snow Chase scene they showcased prior to the release of the first movie - it was heavily edited, and things didnt link together properly BUT come actual release, everything was edited well, and flowed really smoothly - it was the best thing about the whole film, imo. I'm wiling to bet this chase sequence is much longer because 1) they are only showing off a few moments to whet an appetite, and 2) the producer was quoted saying that this is opening to the movie, and is a really elaborate action sequence. Stuff is definitely missing, and you can bet it'll be in the final release.

On a similar note, did anyone get a 'Legolas takes down an Oliphant'-vibe from the short sequence we saw with Raph?
Old 03-13-2016, 11:05 PM   #2076
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Full KCA TMNT Panel, including Shredder & Turtles: https://yadi.sk/i/JIphXMuqq8zCa
Old 03-13-2016, 11:14 PM   #2077
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
honestly bro, this reminds me of the Snow Chase scene they showcased prior to the release of the first movie - it was heavily edited, and things didnt link together properly BUT come actual release, everything was edited well, and flowed really smoothly - it was the best thing about the whole film, imo. I'm wiling to bet this chase sequence is much longer because 1) they are only showing off a few moments to whet an appetite, and 2) the producer was quoted saying that this is opening to the movie, and is a really elaborate action sequence. Stuff is definitely missing, and you can bet it'll be in the final release.

On a similar note, did anyone get a 'Legolas takes down an Oliphant'-vibe from the short sequence we saw with Raph?
So..they would show him leaving the van and going up to them...they would show the aftermath of him on a 3rd bike...but they are going to edit the middle of it (what would it be, a few seconds of time?) so that it creates an awkward jump cut?

In other words, to show the beginning seconds, and the ending seconds, but not the middle seconds?

And that helps sell a film for the public?
Old 03-13-2016, 11:18 PM   #2078
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
So..they would show him leaving the van and going up to them...they would show the aftermath of him on a 3rd bike...but they are going to edit the middle of it (what would it be, a few seconds of time?) so that it creates an awkward jump cut?

In other words, to show the beginning seconds, and the ending seconds, but not the middle seconds?

And that helps sell a film for the public?
It was jarring for sure, and made me re-watch it several times just to make sure I didnt miss something...

...I'm not saying it was a great editing choice, I'm just saying the final cut wont look like that.

Sadly, the editors responsible for the promos and such, dont give footage the same artistic considerations that filmmakers do, by virtue of time constraints etc. Not being in the industry myself, Im going by what my friends who work in the industry tell me.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:48 AM   #2079
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

I'm willing to bet that's not the full scene it's completely edited and there are plenty of inconsistency's
Old 03-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #2080
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

^Yeah, what Dio said. Films rarely release the full clip. The clips for Age of Ultron were all cut and rushed because it wasn't the entire thing. I'm not judging the director for a clip, let alone a clip for the Kid's Choice Awards (even more rushed.).

I'll just wait until I see the movie. And by 'see the movie', I mean pirate the movie.
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation