The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 08:29 AM   #781
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
Old news for most BUT the Storage shell figures along with foot Lt and Albearto have shown up at walmarts in Canada FINALLY
Stateside, I’ve also seen these figures being restocked at Meijer stores for those who have one near them.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:19 AM   #782
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

GF was in the burbs outside of chicago told me she was going to head to Walmart. Of course I asked her to check the toy section and keep an eye out for spidey donnie. Called back and they had, I'm beyond happy with his one. Such a dope figure
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:27 AM   #783
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
I could be way wrong but if what I read off sites that had the toy fair 19 info, the 2 Dons are the chase figures.
That is correct, at least for the spidershell. It actually says "RARE" above his head in a banner on the packaging for the new vehicle, I saw a pic on Instagram.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:18 AM   #784
ERICKANA666
Random Punk

When do you think that the new figs characters they showed will be release before they cancel thus line of tmnt ?
Can you dress me a list of characters that they showed but not release yet.
ERICKANA666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:24 AM   #785
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERICKANA666 View Post
When do you think that the new figs characters they showed will be release before they cancel thus line of tmnt ?
Can you dress me a list of characters that they showed but not release yet.
Are you asking when the whole toy line for Rise of the TMNT will be cancelled?

Four more basic assortment waves and a few sub-waves to the 2018 Rise of the TMNT line were shown at this past Toy Fair. I don’t know the names of the characters though.The Playmates Rise of the TMNT line will leave stores some time in the 2020s. I don’t think these are disappearing for stores the way that the 2k12 Nickelodeon toys did. In fact, Playmates released the Classic Collection retro figures (first classic toy re-releases of the decade) as a result of the 2k12 toy line selling as well as it did in 2012. The 2k12 toy line overall was a nice throwback for some older TMNT toy collectors to the 1988 toy line and 2003 toy line. The last Nickelodeon series was on from 2012 to 2017. Rise of the TMNT could go off the air in the 2022 to 2023 or 2024 time frame.

Last edited by mikey0; 09-25-2019 at 06:38 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #786
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

2012 wave 1 turtles stayed on shelves a long time too.

I would bet Playmates made a bad call here and produced the same amount, or more, of wave 1 for Rise as they did for 2012, thinking they would recreate the same success but being way off on that. That doesn't necessarily mean the line will die, it just means they may adjust the quantities a bit and we will be clogged with wave 1 for even longer.

2012 was the wake-up call to nostalgic TMNT fans, when we saw those wave 1 designs of those colorful, serious-faced, muscular badass turtles in the stores and we felt the calling to get back into the hobby and made it explode into the TMNT mania wave we've been riding. But now we are getting fatigued and Playmates doesn't get that. Their next wave will be when the kids watching 2012 are older and ready for their nostalgia hit.

The 2k3 series did not awaken the nostalgia in me because I did not really like the designs, and, I was fresh out of college when that series began and had nearly no disposable income for a few years. It needed to sleep a bit longer before we were all ready to jump in a new turtle game.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #787
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
2012 wave 1 turtles stayed on shelves a long time too.

I would bet Playmates made a bad call here and produced the same amount, or more, of wave 1 for Rise as they did for 2012, thinking they would recreate the same success but being way off on that. That doesn't necessarily mean the line will die, it just means they may adjust the quantities a bit and we will be clogged with wave 1 for even longer.

2012 was the wake-up call to nostalgic TMNT fans, when we saw those wave 1 designs of those colorful, serious-faced, muscular badass turtles in the stores and we felt the calling to get back into the hobby and made it explode into the TMNT mania wave we've been riding. But now we are getting fatigued and Playmates doesn't get that. Their next wave will be when the kids watching 2012 are older and ready for their nostalgia hit.

The 2k3 series did not awaken the nostalgia in me because I did not really like the designs, and, I was fresh out of college when that series began and had nearly no disposable income for a few years. It needed to sleep a bit longer before we were all ready to jump in a new turtle game.
I think ERICKANA666 really wanted to know when another Classic Collection retro figure line would be on shelves. The Rise of the TMNT figures are not moving in enough areas for Playmates to release a set of re-releases like the Classic Collection retro toy line. Like you said, adult collectors might not see a second reissue toy line until the children who watched the 2k12 cartoon get older. That could be in the 2020s or within the 2030s (most likely the 2020s). The Rise of the TMNT line looks to be another 2k3 line and the 25th Anniversary figures did not appear during even the TMNT Fast Forward stage of 21st century TMNT toy timeline thus far. So, ERICKANA666 will either have to wait for the next TMNT cartoon or the one after for there to possibly be another Classic Collection set. Sadly, Scratch, Hot Spot, and Half Court might not be in the next Classic Collection retro figure line until late in the toy line (if at all). Playmates only seems to give consumers first wave characters, variants of the turtles, and a few side characters that many older TMNT toy collectors (namely members of Generation XY) are familiar with.

TMNT fans need to write to IDW, Nickelodeon, and Playmates if they want to see any promotional material for Scratch, Hot Spot, and Half Court in the future.

Last edited by mikey0; 09-25-2019 at 10:05 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:16 PM   #788
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Bullhop, Hypno potumus, and Shredder were announced on Playmates Toys' website. I saw Hypno-Potomus on Amazon and ordered, but what arrived was a Donnie.

Be on the lookout! Glad to hear the line isn't as dead as I feared!

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:18 PM   #789
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Amazon UK cancelled all my pre-orders for the new figures (Bullhop, Hypno-Potamus, Bug Bustin' Raph and Leo). It's not looking good.

Hopefully Amazon US will get the new figures.

SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:46 PM   #790
Ninjinister
無問題

I saw Battle Shells exactly one time. On Saturday, I saw a Bug Buster Raph (and the only other figures that store had was two basic Raphs and two basic Dons). My Fred Meyer, which used to be my go-to after TЯU since it's also my grocery store, clearanced out the line and no longer even has a slot for them.

I have not seen any figures past wave 1 other than those two instances, at any store, ever.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:13 PM   #791
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Well, I redeemed my Pizza Points for the Muckman set. I wonder if I will get it this calendar year.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:33 AM   #792
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
Well, I redeemed my Pizza Points for the Muckman set. I wonder if I will get it this calendar year.

When did you redeem the points? I thought they ended that program in August.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #793
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
When did you redeem the points? I thought they ended that program in August.
Yesterday. 9/30 was the last day. Got a confirmation email this morning for my order.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:12 AM   #794
Powder
So tired of this place

Interesting, so there will presumably be a retail release of Shredder after all. Can't say I'm a fan of the color scheme, though. SDCC's initial drop of that figure looks way swankier. It'd be a definite cop for me if not for the scale being so poor, & the price so high for what is effectively a kid's toy.

Do hope the line continues, I'd love to get Hypnopotamus. Some more screen-accurate turtles would be nice too...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:14 AM   #795
IMJ
Emperor

Some time in the future this line of stylized toys from that crap show will somehow be the most valuable line of TMNT action figures on the secondary market in history, and all of us aging Turtles fans will be like... 'gahhhhh! DamMIT!"

LOL!

In case mikey0 reads this I'll say that what I wrote above was just a joke...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #796
Garfield
Hench Mutant

I have not been paying attention to Rise of the TMNT, but are Mike and Leo supposed to be dressed as famous people? Mike kind of looks like Don King and Leo kind of looks like John Cena, but not really...
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:02 PM   #797
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Yesterday. 9/30 was the last day. Got a confirmation email this morning for my order.
That's cool. When I placed my order it didn't take very long for the packages to arrive. They never sent tracking though, I was only able to get that from the website which is now shut down so hopefully you get an email or they just arrive. I ordered three of the reward packages and they all arrived on different days. I think the Muckman was the first to arrive.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #798
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
I have not been paying attention to Rise of the TMNT, but are Mike and Leo supposed to be dressed as famous people? Mike kind of looks like Don King and Leo kind of looks like John Cena, but not really...
They are from a wrestling episode. I think you nailed who they were looking to resemble.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #799
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I had over 100 in points on there and was just trying to decide whether I wanted 2 muckmans or what. But I missed it by a day. Shoot.

Oh well, I already had 2 muckmans from the retail release anyway.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:32 PM   #800
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
That's cool. When I placed my order it didn't take very long for the packages to arrive. They never sent tracking though, I was only able to get that from the website which is now shut down so hopefully you get an email or they just arrive. I ordered three of the reward packages and they all arrived on different days. I think the Muckman was the first to arrive.
I’m just thinking of how it took like 4 months for me to get my first order

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys