The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 11:31 PM   #21
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Who is to say the Turtles wouldn't have been there. I mean we do see images of what Shredder and Splinter would be like in this animated world. Some incarnations do have Hamato Yoshi as a member of the Foot originally before branching off (usually due to betrayal) and teaching his own way of fighting. So perhaps much of this is Splinter telling stories of his life as part of the Foot Clan both to show them his life wasn't much different from where they are now.

And also to show his sons that their choices lead to their current roles and how those roles affected them. So for example, Yoshi looks like a little kid in the artwork, possibly 12-13 at most. While Saki looks like he's 15.

So Saki's turn to the dark side would have an emotional impact of someone being betrayed by someone they looked up to as not just their best friend but a big brother.

I wouldn't say Saki's viewpoint on the separation would be like he is just crushing something with his boot heel. I could see it more that he is sorrowful that Yoshi chooses not to follow him in his goals and ambitions. But brushes it off as saying his companion made a foolish choice and only time will determine who made the right decision.

So it's a heavy blow to both but at the same time, it's too late to go back on their choices.

So the Turtles could be there, they just wouldn't be the focal cast of the story.

Also even if the Turtles aren't there as characters, aspects of them are in the two boys.

In that Hamato Yoshi is the younger of the two, so he would be the knuckleheaded kid brother of the two like Michelangelo. But we see him with a bo staff so he would also have aspects of Donatello. Such as maybe he does calculate his actions before he acts or he tinkers with stuff he comes across such as that Foot Bot we see in the concept art, that could be something he created.

While Saki is more disciplined in his studies and wants to have his master's approval like Leonardo. But can be hotheaded and determined to prove himself like Raph.
Ya thats mostly how I picture it too but I doubt it would have been one big flashback series with Splinter telling the turtles stories. It would be an odd format imo.

The shots of Saki and Yoshi as adults in their Shredder/Splinter form could have just been planned for future episodes after they introduced the turtles.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #22
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I guess the one problem with this is it would be an interpretation of the footclan origins. Not THE origins. Like we have the TMNT origin story and every iteration after that is an interpretation or deviation. But in this one, if Splinter and Shredder were already in New York that changes a lot.

I'd still be interested and I'd likely still watch it but I can see why a lot of turtle fans wouldn't like it.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:43 AM   #23
Sumac
Banned

Sounds cool. It would have worked better if it was launched after establishing new TMNT series, as a companion piece to it, because, on its own, I afraid, people wouldn't want to watch this.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 06:53 PM   #24
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Yeah that makes sense. It would have to be a companion piece. I don't think many people would care about the foot clan apart from the turtles. Maybe a footclan spin off series could be on netflix, while the proper show aired on normal television?

Eh I dunno maybe not because not everyone owns netflix. Maybe it would be more successful as some sort of webseries.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote