The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #81
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well the original He-Man/She-Ra cast looked like they were in their 30s so at least it's an improvement

People gotta know if drawings are legal or not, DeviantArt doesn't seem to care though!
sigh....

where is the don't feed the troll sign? already got baited by one today elsewhere.....Do we even bring up Bo's race change? nah...

But, apart from not knowing if the the characters are even adults or teens because they are so badly drawn.....Age in Adora's case is important.

Lets say she is a teen in this one. that means she becomes She-Ra long before she becomes an adult. Her Entire History as a horde enforcer is gone. and alot of cool character development with it.

it would also surmise that maybe this isn't a serious show. and may or may not be played more for comedy. just like Thundercats Roar. Supposedly a plot development is her being 'clumsy' with her new found powers. I can only see this as being a comedic foil.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #82
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
you ever seen a fandom that would literally celebrate a fictional character's birthday?

Heck, i gotta know if a character can drink alcohol or not.
Oh god, I was guilty of this. I thought i was being clever when I ended up seeing tons of sites post the same thing and then I felt embarrased for doing it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #83
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Went to a He-Man message board to see the reaction to the artwork released today only to find Vegita over there ranting and raving like he does here.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #84
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Are you surprised?
Old 07-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #85
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

What a shocker
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #86
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say masculine, but I would say that OG She-Ra was awfully performative feminine.
Like...Beaton's "Strong Female Characters."
I guess I've always had a weird sense of "masculine," I guess it goes back all the way to Xena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Only if you can't see difference between a woman and a man.
Face Blind...so kind of yeah. or at least it doesn't register with me unless I really, REALLY think about it.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:36 PM   #87
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Are you admitting that your whole life revolves around message boards?!
Old 07-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #88
Allio
Foot Elite

It’s really hard for me to put a finger on the artstyle presented. Perhaps it’s because I’m comparing it to Voltron? I know, unfair comparison. I suppose I see it as if Voltron is an “Shounen” anime of sorts it seems like She-ra is trying to be a shoujo style with liberties I suppose…

Character designs I’m not really feeling it. It’s an asthtics thing, it isn’t always for everyone. Like with Kamen Rider you have to wait until you see it all move in style.

As for the style of She-Ra? I’m not feeling it. It feels a little too magical girl for me. And not like something like Mysticons where it’s western magical girl but a magical girl…like if you take off the shoulder pads and cape it looks like an outfit straight from Sailor Moon or Precure. Not exactly something that is a western show…I suppose that is what I’m getting at.

I think a piece of it might be the coloring…it’s a little grading on my eyes…

I don't know. I think I'll have to wait to see it all in motion.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:29 PM   #89
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post

Dude, I wish normal women looked like this.
So? There is still a difference between figureless teenager and a mature woman.

Quote:
Like I said in an earlier post, I can't stand 2012 TMNT or Rise, I think the designs are ugly as sin...and I have no desire to doink the TMNT.
Except in this case we are talking about female lead character, not a four mutant turtles.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:31 PM   #90
snake
Disgusting

I think she looks pretty hot tbh. But in a “are traps gay?” kinda way.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #91
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I hope Tommy Pickles is a translesbian so the Rugrats thread can move a little bit faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #92
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Spoiler:

So I'm actually a filthy millennial whose only real exposure to the Masters of the Universe mythology came from the short lived Mike Young Productions He-Man show from 2002, where Cam Clarke was the voice of Prince Adam/He-Man. I remember reading that if that show had continued, they would have introduced the She-Ra character.

For those who were there in the 80s, was there a lot of difference between the He-Man and She-Ra shows? Did she have any particular special lore? What are the expectations people have for a revival?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #93
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

So I'm actually a filthy millennial whose only real exposure to the Masters of the Universe mythology came from the short lived Mike Young Productions He-Man show from 2002, where Cam Clarke was the voice of Prince Adam/He-Man. I remember reading that if that show had continued, they would have introduced the She-Ra character.

For those who were there in the 80s, was there a lot of difference between the He-Man and She-Ra shows? Did she have any particular special lore? What are the expectations people have for a revival?
Hell yeah it had a lot of lore.

The premise was also kinda different since Hordak was more accomplished than Skeletor. In He-Man, Skeletor was trying to conquer the Royal Palace, or gain the secrets of Grayskull. Trying.

On She-Ra however, Hordak has conquered most of Etheria, and She-Ra leads a small rebellion in an attempt to hopefully overthrow him and save their world.

Both shows were very similar in tone and characters. Both shows had that annoying 'cute' sidekick character and incompetent henchmen.

Honestly She-Ra was kinda/sorta He-Man season 3. Since He-Man was done, all the newer toy characters would only be able to appear on She-Ra. And the episodes where Skeletor and Hordak would face off were always the best.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #94
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I love how you immediately dismiss all criticism as nerds crying that she is "not sexy enough to fap".
This type of deflection is intellectually shallow and pathetic. Please, figure out something better. One can have concerns about art style without it being linked to the desire to have sex with fictional characters.
Quote:
[SPOILER]Like I said in an earlier post, I can't stand 2012 TMNT or Rise, I think the designs are ugly as sin...and I have no desire to doink the TMNT.
Quote:
Except in this case we are talking about female lead character, not a four mutant turtles.
I love how you call Space Cowboy shallow and pathetic for thinking most of the criticism for She Ra's designs is because people don't want to bone her but in the next reply you insinuate that people should have the desire to boink female lead characters

On Topic, I like the design but this is coming from a guy who follows a blog called "animemangamusclegirls", its a bit boyish sure but I don't mind it, I mean modern western animation isn't short on feminine main characters so a little bit of variety is welcome.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 PM   #95
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

I love how you immediately dismiss all criticism as nerds crying that she is "not sexy enough to fap".
This type of deflection is intellectually shallow and pathetic. Please, figure out something better. One can have concerns about art style without it being linked to the desire to have sex with fictional characters.

that's twitter defending man ra in a nutshell
Old 07-16-2018, 11:08 PM   #96
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
On Topic, I like the design but this is coming from a guy who follows a blog called "animemangamusclegirls", its a bit boyish sure but I don't mind it, I mean modern western animation isn't short on feminine main characters so a little bit of variety is welcome.
Spoiler:

I have similar tastes; Jasper (Steven Universe), Zarya and Brigitte (Overwatch) and Susan Strong (Adventure Time) come to mind when I think of recent popular characters with that kind of aesthetic. It was also what attracted me to Legend of Korra. In the 2018 Avengers comic, Marvel's pushing a larger, more imposing version of She-Hulk (albeit without her original personality) right now, and that's pretty neat, too.

Compared to those, I'd say the new She-Ra design is rather middle of the road, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:25 PM   #97
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:

I have similar tastes; Jasper (Steven Universe), Zarya and Brigitte (Overwatch) and Susan Strong (Adventure Time) come to mind when I think of recent popular characters with that kind of aesthetic. It was also what attracted me to Legend of Korra. In the 2018 Avengers comic, Marvel's pushing a larger, more imposing version of She-Hulk (albeit without her original personality) right now, and that's pretty neat, too.

Compared to those, I'd say the new She-Ra design is rather middle of the road, to be honest.
I also gotta give a shout out to the Scotsman daughters, especially Flora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
that's twitter defending man ra in a nutshell
I mean to be fair there are a lot of people who think She ra's design is bad because its not their fap material.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:02 AM   #98
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
You won't be considered "progressive" any time soon.

Quote:
I love how you call Space Cowboy shallow and pathetic for thinking most of the criticism for She Ra's designs is because people don't want to bone her but in the next reply you insinuate that people should have the desire to boink female lead characters
No, my dear, I "insinuate", that there is a difference between four mutant turtles and a female heroine.

No-one will suspect that TMNT designs are criticized because they are not sexy enough and no-one will deflect criticism directed at them as: "WHAAA!! HORUBLE MANCHILDREN EERYWHURE!"
Context is not a just a complicated word.

Quote:
I mean to be fair there are a lot of people who think She ra's design is bad because its not their fap material.
And it somehow makes it immune to all criticism, right?
Like Rey being a woman-lead in the big franchise makes her immune to all kind of criticism?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:26 AM   #99
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

If you don’t like the design of this show, feel content in the fact that hundreds of two-bit journalists can feed their families tonight (or alcoholism) on yet another round of patronising articles that few people of consequence will read. Without your sourness and pedantry these poor individuals would have no way of paying back the money they borrowed buying their way into the crowded, degraded field that they pig-headedly decided to enter against all better judgement and advice from their friends and family (if any).

Here’s to you, you beautiful weirdos. Keep ‘em flying!
Old 07-17-2018, 05:05 AM   #100
Allio
Foot Elite

The worst part of this? There are just people on both sides of the argument are just provoking the other side. This isn't a situation where one side is going to be a winner or not. Just a bunch of dumbasses fanning the flames to get a rise out of another. Some people that are "fighting" aren't even in it for a purpose other then being a bitch to someone else.

The best course of action is that with time people will move on with their lives. The people that want to watch the show will watch the show and the ones that don't won't

Humans are really pitiful creatures

Tags
i like agendas, she-nah, where's loo-kee?