Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I heard of it from some videogame magazines during the mid-1990's.
So you're telling me DBZ wasn't a huge hit in Sweden? Here in Portugal nearly everyone born after 1980 grew up watching and loving DBZ. And, from what I gather, that was basically the case for DBZ everywhere. I mean, anime wasn't a big thing outside of Japan in general until DBZ was exported. France and Italy already were good markets for anime in the 80s tho. Some mangas were translated into French and Italian back in the 80s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's also worth mentioning that Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto are the top 3 best selling manga of all time, they're in the top 15 best selling comics of all time for god's sake! I seriously doubt any TMNT comic is even in the top 500.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...g_comic_series

And if you add up the episodes of their respective TV shows, One piece has 816 episodes, Naruto has 807 and Dragon Ball has 627 (which for the last one, by the way, is because the creator chose to lay the series to rest for 18 years). This makes TMNT's 499 seem like a joke when you remember the others didn't need to reboot and are probably going to continue out-classing it.
Yeah. Thanks for pointign this out.

What about Sailor Moon? Like the TMNT it peaked in the 90s. It had a new anime rather recently. Crystal or wtv its name was. Also, the 90s SM anime was a tad different from the manga. Supposedly Crystal is more faithful to the manga.

Cyber, you mentioned the Simpsons... there is another thing bigger than TMNT. Family Guy and South Park are also bigger.

It's like pretty much every "big property" out there is bigger or feels bigger than the TMNT. I notice the TMNT are mostly an afterthought or something from the distant past for most people. It's something everyone knows it exists but it's not on the forefront of their thoughts, nor is the overwhelming majority into it beyond the most accessible stuff(the Fred Wolf cartoon and the live action movies) out there. Hell, notice how small this forum is compared to forums of other popular properties. And this is the biggest TMNT fan forum out there.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote