The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #41
ABrown
Banned

It's really weird. I know that there's plenty of people out there that didn't care for the red sky era, but talking about the episodes always makes me want to go back and watch them again. I guess we all have different tastes.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #42
cammy85
Stone Warrior

It would've been nice to get some closure with HAVOC. Both Colonel Knight and Krakus were also poised to return, but didn't (I still remember the original plot to Carter the Enforcer had Krakus instead of Landor and Merrick). All the other special guests just disappeared. Oh well!!
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #43
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
She was a freelance reporter who worked for anyone who would pay her for her work.
Wasn't that just during season 9?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #44
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Wasn't that just during season 9?
I would assume during season 10 as well.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #45
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
It would've been nice to get some closure with HAVOC. Both Colonel Knight and Krakus were also poised to return, but didn't (I still remember the original plot to Carter the Enforcer had Krakus instead of Landor and Merrick). All the other special guests just disappeared. Oh well!!
Could you share more information about original plots of those seasons, please?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #46
cammy85
Stone Warrior

They don't really touch on it at all. They just show April reporting wherever she can. Season 9 did revolve around her trying to get the truth about Dregg on tape which she eventually did get. Her last major attempt was in "The Beginning of the End" trying to bust a chop shop. Then we just see her at her computer unless she's out helping the Turtles.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #47
pferreira
Foot Elite

Red Sky was too far a departure from what was already established that was the problem. What they could have done is made the series come full circle in terms of animation and storytelling to that of Season 1. They should of explained more about the lack of established characters like Baxter, the Punk Frogs, etc. They also missed a great opportunity to explore why the sky was red and what caused the apocalyptic destruction of a lot of the buildings. You can't just redesign animation after seven years and expect people to just accept it as a continuation without any explanation. There was generally too big a gap between the continuity of Season 7 and the beginning of Season 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
This time I am with Cubed. 8 episodes is too short for a show of any kind unless it is a mini-series. Yes, I want 7 more episodes to make it 200,but making the seasons that short was off even if it was a loss of popularity.
Probably like always a budget problem. It really would have been cool if they'd have reached 200. Perhaps Fred Wolf wasn't aware of the number they were close to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Best idea they had during the Red Sky seasons was to cancel the show.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #48
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Red Sky was too far a departure from what was already established that was the problem. What they could have done is made the series come full circle in terms of animation and storytelling to that of Season 1. They should of explained more about the lack of established characters like Baxter, the Punk Frogs, etc. They also missed a great opportunity to explore why the sky was red and what caused the apocalyptic destruction of a lot of the buildings. You can't just redesign animation after seven years and expect people to just accept it as a continuation without any explanation. There was generally too big a gap between the continuity of Season 7 and the beginning of Season 8.

Probably like always a budget problem. It really would have been cool if they'd have reached 200. Perhaps Fred Wolf wasn't aware of the number they were close to.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ha-ha1.gif

I actually created an explanation for 4he red sky in a fan fiction continuation. The sky was a pollutant that came from the impact of the Technodrome being hurled into the dimensional black hole and slowly cover NYC and was a leading until Dark Water was able to isolate the foreign element and the sky cleared up.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:53 PM   #49
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Where did you read this? I am curious on how this would have worked out.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #50
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Where did you read this? I am curious on how this would have worked out.
It was on the old ninjaturtles.com before the 10th season started. After Next Mutation was announced, all traces were removed. They even had a synopsis posted of how that future episode was supposed to go. Basically Krakus kidnapped the Turtles and Carter and took them to the future to show them what would happen if they gave up trying to expose Dregg. Like Shredderville without it being a dream. HAVOC was left open in case they did come back; alas, that didn't happen.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #51
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I actually created an explanation for 4he red sky in a fan fiction continuation. The sky was a pollutant that came from the impact of the Technodrome being hurled into the dimensional black hole and slowly cover NYC and was a leading until Dark Water was able to isolate the foreign element and the sky cleared up.
I suppose that would work had it been made canon on screen although doesn't explain the complete lack of people and broken buildings.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote