The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-08-2022, 05:46 AM   #141
AquaParade
Banned

“Male gazing” as in staring at a girls arms? Sure lol.

I don’t think it was a “studio note”. At least not in the typical sense. The producers of the MCU are also creatives. Who’s note would it be? The same producers who approved all the constant ass and boob shots? Not convinced.

Especially when this movie has stuff like Black Bolt having his head caved in and Xavier having his neck snapped.

And btw, what a send off that will be for Patrick Stewart if they don’t bring him back. I’m thinking we’ll see him again sooner than we think.

Last edited by AquaParade; 05-08-2022 at 05:59 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:00 AM   #142
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
New costume looked better. Definitely her best look yet imo. Not really tripping on not being able to gaze at her arms, but that’s just me. And thank goodness the awkward titty-shots from the Whedon films are gone. It’s just awkward when you use a scene of your character breaking down, at the loss of her brother, to get a nice long view down her shirt. Tasteless and distracting.
I hope she read it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:52 AM   #143
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I hope she read it.
Same here. She is totally hot and I totally would. Sorry you can’t jerk off to her boobs, while she cries about her dead bro, anymore though.

I actually think this is the best MCU project since Endgame or WandaVision, if I set aside No Way Home, which I have an extremely hard time judging, due to the fact that it’s a crappy film with the most heart I’ve ever seen.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:09 AM   #144
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Same here. She is totally hot and I totally would. Sorry you can’t jerk off to her boobs, while she cries about her dead bro, anymore though.

I actually think this is the best MCU project since Endgame or WandaVision, if I set aside No Way Home, which I have an extremely hard time judging, due to the fact that it’s a crappy film with the most heart I’ve ever seen.
OK, mate, you have weird fetishes, but fine, I won't judge.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:14 AM   #145
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
OK, mate, you have weird fetishes, but fine, I won't judge.
Lol I’m not the one who wants to get a peek down someone’s shirt while they are crying.

But yes I do.
Old 05-08-2022, 05:18 PM   #146
neatoman
Emperor

I'm thinking the only reason Stewart is in this is because someone during the production thought "He's really iconic in the role, we get him in for one last time". Because this being an alternate universe, they can use the excuse that he isn't the "real" Xavier, so when it comes to the MCU proper version of Xavier they can cast someone much younger who can probably stick around for another 20-30 years.

So... Any nominations on who should be the new Xavier?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:16 AM   #147
AquaParade
Banned

I think Stewart will be back.

That’s because I don’t think he agreed to come back just to have his neck snapped in a cameo scene.

He had a great send off in Logan, so why sour it with an ending like this?
Old 05-09-2022, 06:33 AM   #148
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That’s because I don’t think he agreed to come back just to have his neck snapped in a cameo scene.
You must not know Stewart very well then.

Dude seems to like edgy stuff like this based on his interviews in the Star Trek TNG movies.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:39 AM   #149
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
You must not know Stewart very well then.

Dude seems to like edgy stuff like this based on his interviews in the Star Trek TNG movies.
Guess we will see which one of us knows Stewart better :p.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:42 AM   #150
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Guess we will see which one of us knows Stewart better :p.
He said he wanted his character to ride a ATV (because he himself likes them), and have more action scenes in TNG, and supported killing off characters in Nemesis. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he himself suggested how Xavier died in this.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:06 AM   #151
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Lol I’m not the one who wants to get a peek down someone’s shirt while they are crying.
Neither do I and I wouldn't even noticed it until you brought it to my attention.
So, good job failing, I guess? LOL.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:01 PM   #152
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Ugh... maybe they're going to save the big cameos for the Captain 2 Moms movie or Disney+ show. Like, "You want to see your Fox X-Men and Deadpool and Spider-Men cameos? You better show up for the Captain 2 Moms movie, then."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:10 PM   #153
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Neither do I and I wouldn't even noticed it until you brought it to my attention.
So, good job failing, I guess? LOL.
You replied to my post that explicitly mentioned it, with “I hope she read it” so I don’t know how it escaped your attention lol.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:57 PM   #154
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I'm legitimately curious here. So I want to make it clear that I am not trolling.

But what makes you guys care about the MCU nowadays? Is it the potential cameos? Is it just the 'superheroes punching villains' aspect?

Like I said in my recent comments here, I don't feel like the MCU is going anywhere anymore. It's been spinning its wheels, and feels like big budget, 2 hour commercials for a possible storyline rather than having actual stories and character arcs to care about. I don't think they are actually properly building towards anything, it's just a mish-mash of different ideas with no connective tissue at all. And I don't mind them doing single movies that don't connect to each other...... Problem is, they still seem to try to tease the audience into thinking they are building up something...and they're not. It's really just cameos, CGI, big action set pieces, and more cameos that are meant to 'lead to more'.

For example, various people think the next 'Big Threat' is Kang the Conqueror, others say it's Galactus, others say they're trying to do Secret Wars, others say Doctor Doom, and so on. Nobody seems to really know what the direction this franchise is taking...I don't think even Feige or the other MCU creatives know. It feels like they are just jumping around like ADHD-addled ten year olds who can't settle on what they really want.

I feel like the writing has gone downhill, and that's one of the biggest problems. It's not about creating likable characters, and escapist fare. It's just...fanwank. Like, literal fanwank. I miss the little emotional scenes that make you root for the characters, them being heroes, and saving people, being selfless. Maybe something more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSab01vhpoY

I felt like the Illuminati in MoM could have been compelling characters. They could have built them up to be a bigger threat, maybe had more complexity and conflict since they're (spoilers, blah blah). But nah, can't have that. The MCU just can't help itself with undercutting things with quips and jokes. I talked about this already, but it's really one of the biggest problems with these movies. I didn't consider the MCU movies to be 'you need to turn your brain off to enjoy it' type fare. ...But here we are. Sorry, it's just a huge disappointment to me, and I still feel like the only person who feels this way. So...again, what are people getting out of these movies at this point?
Old 05-09-2022, 07:24 PM   #155
Leo656
The Franchise

On another forum someone today said "Clearly they're laying the foundation for a Young Avengers movie". That's the very first time I've ever heard anyone posit that theory, so what seems clear to them is apparently not so clear to others.

As you said, everyone seems to have a theory, but they can't do ALL of them at once, so... what the f*ck ARE they doing? Which does kind of reinforce the "flinging sh*t to see what sticks" theory.

None of which affects me at all. Just calling what I see/hear.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:26 PM   #156
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

With Disney+ it seems clear all roads lead to Secret Invasion. That will be their big Avengers type extravaganza.

What am I looking forward to? More Daredevil. Bernthal's Punisher coming back in a big way. The coming of Galactus and what that will mean for the MCU. Also a proper Oscorp somehow and a proper Dr. Doom.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:51 PM   #157
Leo656
The Franchise

You really think Disney would promote The Punisher "in a big way"? I'm shocked they used him at all, considering he's pretty much the polar opposite of everything they claim to stand for and represent.

Like I can see them using him again for something but not with like a major push. Too "problematic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The coming of Galactus and what that will mean for the MCU.
Watch it be something like Ragnarok, and have half the movie be people cracking jokes about how ridiculous Galactus looks. Bet you a pack of Lifesavers that's what happens.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:51 PM   #158
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I really enjoyed this movie, It had a lot of good moments, I especially love
Spoiler:
the fight between Doctor Strange and the evil version of him using musical notes.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:02 PM   #159
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You really think Disney would promote The Punisher "in a big way"?
I don't know. What will be telling is how they handle the marketing and release of Deadpool 3.

Quote:
I'm shocked they used him at all, considering he's pretty much the polar opposite of everything they claim to stand for and represent.

Like I can see them using him again for something but not with like a major push. Too "problematic".
Just give him his TV show back. Occasionally have him show up as a supporting cast member when the good guys need a little extra firepower. That's all I want.

Quote:
Watch it be something like Ragnarok, and have half the movie be people cracking jokes about how ridiculous Galactus looks. Bet you a pack of Lifesavers that's what happens.
I'm sure there will be at least a little bit of that. But Galactus isn't like a fringe/6th rate character or villain that they can do this or that with. Feige knows Galactus is a top level thing.