The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Should the non-TMNT sections of the forums be closed down?

For one thing, the main and original reason any of us came to the Technodrome was to discuss TMNT. We're all TMNT fans here, or else none of us would have discovered this forum in the first place. The TMNT sections could use more activity, but they're there for proper discussion.

A lot of the problems of this forums in terms of trolling/controversy/bashing/debates happens in all the non-TMNT sections. The Everything Else section in particular, the Current Events section due to politics and religion, and to a lesser extent the TV and Movies section. Almost all the worst threads or worst debates with people insulting each other happens in those sections the most. You can see it happen regularly and anyone who has been there knows this is true.

If all the non-TMNT sections of the forums were closed, then people would be "forced" to discuss TMNT here, and thus all off-topic discussion can be had in social groups where you have to ask to become a member of. Granted I know the TMNT forums have debates too, but at least it's the main reason we come here.

Should all non-TMNT discussion go to social groups instead of the forums? What do you think?

Discuss.

And before anyone asks, no, this is not a parody thread. Let's see how this thread turns out. As I said before:

Discuss.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:05 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No.

This thread needs to be locked.

While maybe some behavior needs to be curbed, no one is forced to respond. Or read it. Or visit sections they want closed down.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
Powder
Endless Screw

Honestly, I would have no problem with that.

But really I think it's just the Current Events section that needs to go. People can't respect the no politics/religion thing, & beyond that it only serves to be a celebrity obituary anyway.

Other than that, the only problems are with certain people who create flame-bait threads with the sole intention of watching things burn, because they know the mods aren't around to deal with it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:15 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

ya get rid of current events and keep the movie/TV show section that gets a lot of buzz

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #5
snake
Noided

Ban politics. Keep the rest, sometimes we can have fun.
snake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #6
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I mostly hang out in the General Discussion side of things so I'd hate to see it axed... but I'm with Powder on this. It's not the section itself thats the problem, it's the people who actively look to cause issues that need to be straightened out.

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:40 PM   #7
snake
Noided

Interesting to see how the quality of the forums began to decrease as soon as the "no politics/religion" rule was ignored. If you go back to the GD from, say, 2005/2006 you can see people having actual fun. Coincidentally the rule was enforced then. Really makes you think.
snake is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuck thread