The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2017, 10:37 AM   #41
drag0nfeathers
Hench Mutant
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 275
Sorry for the double post

To my surprise Pintrill accidently sent me two of them. I got two in separate packages a day a part, so if someone missed Kintaro let me know and I'll help you out.
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #42
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 676
This splinter one was made by Kevin Eastman. That is why it looks so much cooler!
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #43
playmate
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 162
Exclamation Pintrill pointers, please!

Cowabunga!

I’ve read through the whole thread, and hope that a Pintrill pro may please offer their pointers, and direct me on how best to collect this new ‘Lone Rat and Cubs’ pin?

Vital tortistics – guided by prior releases, the more probable time (Eastern/Central etc.) that these go live on the site, and whether the link for a free pin is active while at the same time as the link to purchase – the more info, the merrier.

My sincere thanks in advance.
playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #44
ColinStein
Thug
 
ColinStein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 90
This is from their Instagram story.







__________________
ColinStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:43 AM   #45
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmate View Post
Cowabunga!

I’ve read through the whole thread, and hope that a Pintrill pro may please offer their pointers, and direct me on how best to collect this new ‘Lone Rat and Cubs’ pin?

Vital tortistics – guided by prior releases, the more probable time (Eastern/Central etc.) that these go live on the site, and whether the link for a free pin is active while at the same time as the link to purchase – the more info, the merrier.

My sincere thanks in advance.
Random time normally afternoon. There is no option to buy with $ they only release these 200 for free that is it.
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:05 PM   #46
playmate
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 162
Thumbs up Lone Rat and CuBooyakasha!

Extremely grateful for this additional information.
Short of there being professional Pintrill people here on the ‘drome, we fans can only be guided by the release of the Leonardo, Mona Lisa & Kintaro pins.

For the sake of clarification, if each pin is a limited edition of 200, and all 200 are also exclusive to the ‘free, with free postage to US residents’ promotion, then why would there be a ‘standard’ link and then a ‘Fans Only’ link?

Has anyone, anywhere outside of the US succeeded in purchasing (or perhaps just paying for postage, in what is at a zero $ charge for the actual pin) one of these TMNT pins, direct from the Pintrill site?

And for any ‘dromer who actually has these TMNT pins, in hand…is the pin itself, or maybe even the cardboard its’ pinned to, numbered?

Finally, when it comes to social media, my pace is more akin to Turtle than Ninja Turtle; I do my best with fb, but neither twitter nor Instagram. I’m wondering does Pintrill actually announce – via any of their social media platforms – once links are live?

‘Lone Rat and Cub’ looks truly awesome, and so does this pin…continued thanks to anyone else who may please wish to guide me further.
playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #47
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by playmate View Post
Extremely grateful for this additional information.
Short of there being professional Pintrill people here on the ‘drome, we fans can only be guided by the release of the Leonardo, Mona Lisa & Kintaro pins.

For the sake of clarification, if each pin is a limited edition of 200, and all 200 are also exclusive to the ‘free, with free postage to US residents’ promotion, then why would there be a ‘standard’ link and then a ‘Fans Only’ link?

Has anyone, anywhere outside of the US succeeded in purchasing (or perhaps just paying for postage, in what is at a zero $ charge for the actual pin) one of these TMNT pins, direct from the Pintrill site?

And for any ‘dromer who actually has these TMNT pins, in hand…is the pin itself, or maybe even the cardboard its’ pinned to, numbered?

Finally, when it comes to social media, my pace is more akin to Turtle than Ninja Turtle; I do my best with fb, but neither twitter nor Instagram. I’m wondering does Pintrill actually announce – via any of their social media platforms – once links are live?

‘Lone Rat and Cub’ looks truly awesome, and so does this pin…continued thanks to anyone else who may please wish to guide me further.
The Pins are numbered on the back. My Mona Lisa pin is 73/200 and my Kintaro is 134/200. Also they seem to announce it on the TMNT twitter page
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #48
drag0nfeathers
Hench Mutant
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 275
They come on a small piece of thin black board in a clear cellophane bag. I haven't noticed them being numbered, but I haven't taken any of mine out of the packaging so I guess they could be on the back of the pin itself like someone mentioned.

The Leo pin when up at like noon time (EST) and the other two went up around 1pm- 2pm EST so I guess there really is no "set time"

I have asked on the Pintrill Facebook page and haven't gotten any replies. They do usually announce the pin a few days before it's going to go up, but that hasn't been true for when it appears online for purchase. Sometimes, not all the time. Sometimes it's 20 min- 30 min later and by then they are sold out. Kind of makes it a bit of a pain to nab one if you don't have the free time to keep checking back. I'm not on Twitter so maybe that's updated faster.
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #49
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,372
I'm just now becoming more interested in these. So it's a set of seven with three releases so far. All free. Is that correct? They look kindof cool.
I'm not on social media so can't track these down. I would be willing to compensate a friendly dromer that wants to work with me in tracking down a complete unopened set. Just putting that out there.
PM me! Thanks.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 08-06-2017 at 02:23 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #50
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier
 
Optimus Primer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Rupert's Pizzeria
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I'm just now becoming more interested in these. So it's a set of seven with three releases so far. All free. Is that correct? They look kindof cool.
I'm not on social media so can't track these down. I would be willing to compensate a friendly dromer that wants to work with me in tracking down a complete unopened set. Just putting that out there.
PM me! Thanks.
Yeah, they're all free, and Splinter will be the 4th in the set.
__________________
"It's us! Why do we look like... dorks?"
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #51
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I'm just now becoming more interested in these. So it's a set of seven with three releases so far. All free. Is that correct? They look kindof cool.
I'm not on social media so can't track these down. I would be willing to compensate a friendly dromer that wants to work with me in tracking down a complete unopened set. Just putting that out there.
PM me! Thanks.
You can't get the first 3 which were Leo Mona and Kintaro there were only 200 made of the first 3 and they are all gone
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #52
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Yeah, they're all free, and Splinter will be the 4th in the set.
Thanks for the info dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
You can't get the first 3 which were Leo Mona and Kintaro there were only 200 made of the first 3 and they are all gone
Yeah I figured as much. However if someone already had the first three to sell, and continued to acquire 4,5,6,&7. I would be interested in taking them off their hands and paying a finders fee for their time and effort.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #53
drag0nfeathers
Hench Mutant
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Thanks for the info dude.



Yeah I figured as much. However if someone already had the first three to sell, and continued to acquire 4,5,6,&7. I would be interested in taking them off their hands and paying a finders fee for their time and effort.
I saw Mona on ebay for around $15

I still have an extra Kintaro if you want it, or if you score an extra Splinter I'd trade him. (I have an appointment to get my car appraised so I'm afraid I might miss him)

I ended up caving and bought the Leo pin on ebay for $20 just because it was the only one I was missing.
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:44 PM   #54
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I saw Mona on ebay for around $15

I still have an extra Kintaro if you want it, or if you score an extra Splinter I'd trade him. (I have an appointment to get my car appraised so I'm afraid I might miss him)

I ended up caving and bought the Leo pin on ebay for $20 just because it was the only one I was missing.
I appreciate the willingness to trade. How does someone end up with extras? Does the company give away multiples to the same person for free? I would like to buy the first three together and then the remaining as individuals each from the same person as they get released. Was hoping someone seen this that was looking to sell. I know I could be asking for a lot but worth a shot.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #55
drag0nfeathers
Hench Mutant
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 275
Well i know some people have gotten their hands on more than one just from seeing sellers on ebay. I assume they have friends or family help out.
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:32 PM   #56
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Well i know some people have gotten their hands on more than one just from seeing sellers on ebay. I assume they have friends or family help out.
Makes sense. So do you just add to cart and check out as guest?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:06 AM   #57
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 3,458
Master Splinter is up there is no special code to get him just

https://www.pintrill.com/products/ma...nt=37513186577
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #58
SilverNinja
Random Punk
 
SilverNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NY (formerly from CA)
Posts: 36
My heart was beating so fast because I wanted this one so bad! I managed to grab one within the first minute. So freaking psyched!
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #59
joshvox
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 20
Just got mine. Excited for this. Great looking pin. And what a cool company for doing this. I'm gonna buy from them in the future.
joshvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #60
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 7,998
Yup, just went up. Been refreshing the page for the last hour or so hoping it might show up before I had to go to work. Finally got one of these things!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.