The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-30-2017, 07:02 PM   #21
DestronMirage22
Mad Scientist

There's also the fact that OOTS helped keep Brad Garret in his acting career. I've always liked him as an actor. Even if his Krang wasn't all that.

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:42 AM   #22
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Everything was better, to be honest. Doesn't make it a great movie, but its an improvement across the board.

-Better color palette
-Better action scenes
-Casey's casting was good (wasn't written well, though)
-Bebop and Rocksteady were fun for what they were
-More focus on the Turtles
-Consistent tone; the director at least knew what kind of movie he wanted to make and stuck to it

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #23
ToTheNines
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
-Better action scenes
-Consistent tone
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #24
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
There's also the fact that OOTS helped keep Brad Garret in his acting career. I've always liked him as an actor. Even if his Krang wasn't all that.
And yet they barely hyped either of them?
Old 08-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #25
Zachatello00
Not Sure I Deserved That

Hmm, how would Vin Diesel answer this question...
Old 08-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Banned

You have to admire OotS. It's like TPTB went around and rounded up every sh*tty element of McTMNT™ they could think of into one big bucket, and then when it all ended up being a resounding, huge failure...

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-01-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #27
neatoman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You have to admire OotS. It's like TPTB went around and rounded up every sh*tty element of McTMNT™ they could think of into one big bucket, and then when it all ending up being a resounding, huge failure...

You just reminded me of one thing that really is better about it than it's predecessor:

It will forever serve as a reminder that the FW is not a greatly beloved timeless classic and TMNT can't rely on blindly emulating it for success.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Hmm, how would Vin Diesel answer this question...
Contemplate jumping from a plane, possibly to his doom?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #29
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

For the record, I'm just answering the topic question. Between the both of them, I hate them equally since one movie has stuff that I sorta like but everything else I despise. One has less screentime with the turtles and a convoluted plot but at the very least, violent action scenes while the other has more time with the turtles but with no plot in exchange for random current events and "action".
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:49 AM   #30
GoldMutant
Rest. In. Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Contemplate jumping from a plane, possibly to his doom?
Maybe star in a better movie? One that wasn't a train wreck in the wakes?
"It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth. Even when the battle's over, and the bonds that connect us are severed... We always return... Time and time again." -Phoenix Wright
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #31
Chris
Mad Scientist

They were both bad but at least OOTS knew what it wanted to be. 2014 was built around a few action scenes and you could literally see where they re-wrote it on the fly after the Shredder controversy (having already rewritten it after the alien blunder). It was a movie that didn't seem to know what it wanted to be. OOTS at least seemed to know it was a live action episode of the FW cartoon and, for the most part, stayed true to that. Plus, like has been said, it starred the Turtles rather than April.

The first one made me angry at the squandered potential of a live action reboot and at how stupid it was ("can't help Leo, my shell's cracked", 10 seconds later uses shell to smash an armoured vehicle). I had more fun with OOTS because it was never more or less than what it said it would be. It's not my ideal Turtles now, but as a kid I would have loved it and I can appreciate it on that level (a bit like Batman & Robin in a way).

Probably helped that I saw it in 4DX as well. First time I'd seen a movie in 4DX and still the best. The fact that it had a lot of action made it perfect for the format. It was just a really fun experience seeing it like that.

All that said, we've now proved that FW & Bay do not equal box office success. Hopefully now we can get a director with a vision for the franchise who can do a Mirage or IDW inspired movie or Netflix series.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

OotS at least paid Leo a bit more attention and respect.

Sitting here laughing lightly over that near-end scene in 2014 I just recalled, when the Turtles show up in the van and Megan Fox is all, "What are you guys doing here?!" And Leo leans out the window a little saying they thought they owed her a thanks.

Ever notice at that point she just walks right past him, to go talk to Raph, no acknowledgement whatsoever that he'd even said anything? Poor guy. How rude! (Is it too much to at least smile at the guy and pat him on the arm as you walk past??)

Had this been OotS it might at least have not ignored him and left him hanging like that. Or at the very least see his facial expression show his reaction to being ignored. 2014 was not too kind to him and appreciate that OotS at least tried harder for him.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop and cucksteady, cuckch, cucky jones, out of the cucks