The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 07-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #21
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Maybe just double check your junk/spam folder in email. Just in case an activation link snuck in. Idk
First time I joined the forums the email sent to me by the forums also went straight to the Junk/Spam folder.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:56 PM   #22
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
First time I joined the forums the email sent to me by the forums also went straight to the Junk/Spam folder.
Yeah it’s weird sometimes the most legit email can end up in that folder.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:29 AM   #23
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah it’s weird sometimes the most legit email can end up in that folder.
That can happen with any type of email message, regardless of where it comes from.

I really don't remember if the 'Click To Join' link for this forum went to my Spam Folder or not. But, it's rather clever if you think about it because if you click to activate your account, that link (even if it's activated just for that one time), is pretty much useless afterwards and it's just waiting for you to delete it, along with any actual spam that you might receive.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #24
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
That can happen with any type of email message, regardless of where it comes from.

I really don't remember if the 'Click To Join' link for this forum went to my Spam Folder or not. But, it's rather clever if you think about it because if you click to activate your account, that link (even if it's activated just for that one time), is pretty much useless afterwards and it's just waiting for you to delete it, along with any actual spam that you might receive.
Yeah. It’s worth checking that folder every once in awhile. I never know what I’m going to find.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #25
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They really don't owe anyone anything. The fact they still pay to keep this site running despite the fact its been nearly burned to the ground by people who shove their identity politics into every single thread is a miracle in itself. One I'm extremely grateful for, mind you. Jester & the other mods don't have their powers, either, & I'm not even sure they can be granted them as they are not administrators/site owners. Additionally, I doubt they want the additional responsibility as their real lives have proven busy enough to keep them from here in their current capacity as it stands.

Your "friend", eh? When y'all first joined, everyone was certain that was actually you on a dupe account, because you always posted at the same time, said similar things, & you even mistakenly commented on his profile using the wrong username, outing yourself. You explained this away by saying you were "brothers". Hmm... Anyway, I doubt anything can be done for him, it's not like Krang is just gonna open an account to someone who claims they're the owner, they'd need solid proof. They're not being "thrown under the bus" if the problem cannot be resolved.
Jester and Krang know that Donny's and I have different accounts, Ms/ Mr.Powder, I assume you are a girl or a very young boy (age 10) because of your username. My username is after a cat, (Mikey's cat) and also is the name of my kitty. So, little Miss/ or little boy don't assume what you don't know. And the relationship that I have with Donny's computer84 is not your business.

Last edited by Klunk1234; 07-06-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:15 PM   #26
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm merely stating facts and observations, comrade. Dunno what's with the borderline sexist comments, though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:15 PM   #27
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wtf is even going on in this thread...

But this makes me think of a real question: when this site eventally shuts down where is everybody gonna hang out at? What other decent forums are left now days?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:16 PM   #28
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Wtf is even going on in this thread...

But this makes me think of a real question: when this site eventally shuts down where is everybody gonna hang out at? What other decent forums are left now days?
There is the Discord server atleast.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #29
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'm merely stating facts and observations, comrade. Dunno what's with the borderline sexist comments, though.
Wait a minute! What the heck are you taking about?. I don't know if I'm talking to a guy or a gal. I'm a gal by the way. Sorry "comrade"
Old 07-06-2018, 10:55 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
Wait a minute! What the heck are you taking about?. I don't know if I'm talking to a guy or a gal. I'm a gal by the way. Sorry "comrade"
Powder is a guy in his mid 20's, I don't see what it has to do with anything though. Most people don't know each others genders online unless we say so, etc.

As for the forums, my guess is it's on its last legs as Krang has probably finally lost interest. I imagine they'll still be up to about 2020, but I dunno about how long after.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:08 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

Make him an offer.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:59 AM   #32
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
That makes this jerkface moment okay?:
Quote:
little Miss/ or little boy .
nice try to belittle someone
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #33
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Powder is a guy in his mid 20's, I don't see what it has to do with anything though. Most people don't know each others genders online unless we say so, etc.

As for the forums, my guess is it's on its last legs as Krang has probably finally lost interest. I imagine they'll still be up to about 2020, but I dunno about how long after.
You are right, Cyber about people's usernames. Without Krang this forum is basically headless. He is responsible to continue it or close it for good. The forum is 19 years old. Will be 20 next year. Let's see what happen.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #34
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
I tried to help a friend of mine; his name is Donny's computer84. He absolutely can't enter into the forum. No matter what kind of password you have send to him, the site said is it the wrong one when its not. I'm getting frustrated because I'm not able to help him. If he re- register he will lose his current account. He and I were joined this forum back in November 2012.
Any suggestions Krang?
So he's getting an incorrect password error? Has he tried resetting his password? Has he tried a different web browser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I don’t mean to be a downer, but my roommate has been trying to get her account activated for over a month. I’m wondering how many other people are.
I approved hundreds of accounts over the last few days, and I implemented a new process to help make approval faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
One thing that might restrain new registered users is the last time Krang approved a batch it did not go over very well. We had three banned members return under new aliases and maybe one other person who did not stick around along with Dan Slott himself who had to wait a full calendar season.
That's true, but the even bigger problem is spammers. It's not as easy as it used to be to tell them apart from legitimate users, and that's the biggest issue that's slowing down approvals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The forums are here to stay.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote