The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 02:15 PM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I think criticism of the FW cartoon is fair and should be allowed here, even if it is repeatedly hammering the point that the show is a "crappy toy commercial".

I see rule no.6 as more of a friendly nod to the Original Toon rather than a command to smite those who dare blaspheme against it.
Also remember that this website was once more also a fansite of the Fred Wolf cartoon (Technodrome, usesers calling themselves Shredder and Krang being administrator). Not just a community.

Now, it's only a fansite in late-October every year...
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:18 PM   #22
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

One thing is clear though, the 1987 cartoon is without a doubt, the best version.

Fight me, heathens.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #23
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
One thing is clear though, the 1987 cartoon is without a doubt, the best version.

Fight me, heathens.
I shall always fight you, 42. Always!
Old 04-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #24
Overlord

Fred Wolf Brotherhood

Quote:

Fight me, heathens.
Remember that you can always use the Fred Wolf Brotherhood if you don't like bashings.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't think it's too hard for people to disagree on something and discuss the reasons why, without resorting to insults and name calling. But I think it's completely unrealistic to ask or expect for people to NOT talk about what they dislike in one version or another, especially the original cartoon. It's one of the most well-known versions of TMNT but also one of the most polarizing. Some people absolutely hate it. To expect them to stifle themselves is simply not realistic.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #26
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
And pferreira, let me just tell you that there some things not worth wasting time on.
Better to just enjoy this place as much as you can.
But that's the problem: how can a fan of a particular iteration enjoy something with a troll constantly on the forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
That rule has been outdated for many years.
It still counts man and neatoman breaks that rule 90% of the time he posts about the show. Either the mods should remove the rules or change Rule 6 to something like "Feel free to bash the FW series and disrespect it's fans".

Quote:
I see rule no.6 as more of a friendly nod to the Original Toon rather than a command to smite those who dare blaspheme against it.
Never said otherwise. What neatoman is doing is unhealthy and counter-constructive as a member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
If you actually pay attention, you'll notice that the general forum is hardly ever used to discuss the Fred Wolf cartoon anymore. It's mostly used to compare different versions and bring up TMNT in general, the discussion regarding the Fred Wolf cartoon is virtually dead.
Strange considering the amount of thread discussions I see about it by forum members here. I agree, it's not packed with threads but it's the General Thread for a reason isn't it?

Quote:
And even if anyone still cared about that particular rule, I doubt making fun of the lack of a blu-ray release or pointing out that it wouldn't look much better in HD qualifies as "bashing", not when the show has a complete DVD release and latter being a fact.
The only reason you bash the FW series is because you feel you can get away with it. Try that over a Mirage thread, or a 2003 series thread. See how far that gets you. The point isn't the joke, it's the constant malice and anger you show about a TV show. I'm not a fan of Star Trek Discovery. We get you don't like this TMNT series yet you don't see me visiting the Star Trek Discovery forums every week to bash the show on every thread do you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't think it's too hard for people to disagree on something and discuss the reasons why, without resorting to insults and name calling. But I think it's completely unrealistic to ask or expect for people to NOT talk about what they dislike in one version or another, especially the original cartoon. It's one of the most well-known versions of TMNT but also one of the most polarizing. Some people absolutely hate it. To expect them to stifle themselves is simply not realistic.
Okay so it's fine for me to go onto the other parts of the forum and constantly trash the other iterations like IDW, the 2003 series, Mirage (Andrew would love that!), the Nick series etc? No TV show is really above criticism and I've criticised the FW series in the past as well as will continue to do so. However there's criticism and there's constant trolling. The problem isn't this thread is an April Fool's joke, the problem is neatoman using every SINGLE opportunity to bash something people are fans of or want to have a semi-serious discussion about while bashing the fans of the actual series. Now I think even neatoman's best friend on this site (whoever that is) would have trouble defending that type of behaviour. I mean aren't people supposed to be respectful to one another on a forum or has things changed in 2019 and that's now allowed here?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:23 PM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

They're supposed to be, yes, but generally not.

I hear you, I've gotten into it plenty with various people about things that I like which aren't popular in this "room". Personally, I think the line which shouldn't be crossed is when people choose to apply labels like "trash" to things they don't like, and/or are dismissive or hostile towards people who like those things. We can all be a little bit better than that. Disagreement is fine, as long as people can extrapolate their points in a mature and civil manner, and without disregarding facts simply because they may disagree with one's opinion.

Meanwhile, I agree that hearing people bang on about things they hate can get tiresome, but again, as long as they're not crossing a line I'm not sure what can be done about it. There's no "limit" to how often someone can speak an opinion, after all.

Were I in charge, I'd be more than willing to tolerate differences of opinion and civil disagreements, so long as people refrained from using terms like "trash" to describe things they personally dislike, and/or making slanderous comments about people who like those things.

But I think getting heated about an April Fool's joke is silly, personally.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:53 AM   #28
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
But I think getting heated about an April Fool's joke is silly, personally.
As I said it's not the April Fool's joke itself, it's neatoman's constant negativity towards this iteration and rudeness about it's fans that I hate. He constantly writes off fans of this show in a rude way. He can complain as much as he likes about the show if he's civil about it but he never does that. He uses every opportunity to call the FW series 'trash' while calling fans of the series '40+ year olds' who put nostalgia and merchandise above quality. I'll happily point out flaws of that cartoon like some of the silly plots during the middle seasons or specific episodes with bad animation but I've always engaged with this version because it interests me in ways the other versions don't. You don't see me blasting other iterations while saying mine is superior because I know the FW series isn't (maybe Mirage Volume 1?) although in my mind it's a very good one and that's from someone who hardly collected the toys while dabbling in various merchandise.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #29
Overlord

Maybe we should have a separate Fred Wolf subforum, to avoid bashings? But I doubt it would work. Look at how the Platinum Dunes subforum consists of constant bashings?
Old 04-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #30
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Maybe we should have a separate Fred Wolf subforum, to avoid bashings? But I doubt it would work. Look at how the Platinum Dunes subforum consists of constant bashings?
Does anyone even talk about those movies anymore?
Old 04-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #31
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
No because they're trash.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
No because they're trash.
One man's trash is another man's depraved fanfic.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #33
Overlord

For many years, there has been something TMNT-related that is constantly bashed.

First it was the second and third New Line Cinema films. Then it was Next Mutation.

As the years went on, focus moved to the Platinum Dunes films and later the Fred Wolf cartoon.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:23 PM   #34
cammy85
Stone Warrior

While the series can seem inferior to what's come since, it still holds up well. I have a hard time choosing an episode to watch on DVD especially because once you start, it's hard to stop. There's something for everyone; but Seasons 1, sometimes 2, 8-10 are harder because they have a constant flow. All are awesome in their own right. The flow is harder because if you pick at random, you'll be in the middle of a story and not the beginning. It's the same with the 90's Spider-man cartoon as well.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #35
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
The Platinum Dunes forum is pretty much dead, as the the ones about the ended cartoons. Adding a FW forum would hammer home how little there is to talk about.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #36
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I made a point of asking about this the last time neatoman excessively trolled the FW series forum threads but the mods aren't listening. On a side note is anyone getting placeholder images on this site instead of actual images?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Going around the parts of the site I visit I've seen all sorts of TMNT stuff talked about so not impossible.

Quote:
The Platinum Dunes forum is pretty much dead, as the the ones about the ended cartoons. Adding a FW forum would hammer home how little there is to talk about.
Your amount of knowledge regarding what people do and not want to talk about is always inspiring...

Quote:
First it was the second and third New Line Cinema films. Then it was Next Mutation.

As the years went on, focus moved to the Platinum Dunes films and later the Fred Wolf cartoon.
I mean it's really easy to have a pop at these things or Rise of the TMNT but there are people who enjoy them. While I express I don't like them I don't call them trash or make fun of their fans.

Last edited by pferreira; 04-22-2019 at 06:49 PM.