The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-18-2019, 09:27 AM   #2401
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
All my stores still have the 2012 fruit snacks
Check the inspiration date before buying! No seriously... even at big name stores in a highly populated area where stuff flies off shelves, I constantly find food past the "sell by" date on the shelf. Sure, it may be safe to eat... but is it still legal or conscionable for stores to sell?

Hah... vanilla ice cream but it's green
Seeing things like this in stores really inspires a sense of nostalgia for me. I wish those pudding pies were still a thing (well, some other brands are making them, but not Hostess)

Remember how they brought back Ecto Cooler for the 2016 Ghostbusters movie? Would love to see some vintage-inspired TMNT food items come back someday. Pudding pies are high on my list! Even if they were themed for Rise or perhaps some future live action film version of the turtles.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #2402
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Up until recently I was still seeing the 2012 fruit snacks too. Recently though it seems the 'Rise' ones have started to replace them.

I've tried the new ones... Flavor-wise they're good and pretty much the same deal of course. The molds seem to be kind of terrible and in many cases it is difficult to even make out a character's face.

Weirdly they chose to make Draxum yellow, not April. Her's is green.... I guess because of her jacket? Seems like an odd choice though, given that Draxum has no real reason to be yellow instead of her, yet he does work with the green mutagen however as a major character thing so that might have made more sense.

Now ice cream... that I have not seen. (But that green ice cream could have been something more interesting than just vanilla!) I have however seen TWO kids frozen chicken nugget dinners though, which look like they're kind of the same meal but the nuggets are shaped differently between them.

And has anyone seen... I think it was called Grass Heads? Last time I was in Target I was just browsing the snack aisle and I came across a 'Rise' Donnie one that someone just randomly discarded there. I have not seen them anywhere else, not even in that store. As the name implies I guess it's just Donnie's head that sprouts grass seed. Why, just why. lol

Side note, only one of the stores I stock for my job (greeting card company) has a TMNT birthday card option, but it's 2012 and I do still get it in now and then. I dunno if maybe it's just remaining stock they're sending, but I have not seen any 'Rise' replacement for it. Curious to see if 2012 remains the one they continue to use instead of changing it.

edit: I recently commented via Twitter, to both Hostess AND Tastykake, since they make an identical type of pie (plus Tasty has a more recent relationship with TMNT having done a new product tie-in promo for the last movie), about bringing back the Turtle pies but was ignored... (Not that failing to acknowledge things isn't common practice for legal reasons sometimes if a company does have plans or considers it.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-18-2019 at 12:27 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:46 PM   #2403
Sobble
Banned

I remember at Walmart seeing a rise lunch type thing with apples and chicken and probably rasins or something else I don't remember to be honest

The only thing TMNT related were the characters on the wrapping

This was a long time ago (I THINK NOVEMBER 2018 I DONT REMEMBER) and i haven't seen it since
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #2404
Sobble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
All my stores still have the 2012 fruit snacks

Also, saw this ice cream in Walmart the other day (not my picture)

https://scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com
Also I have seen the ice cream

I wish it was mint
Old 05-18-2019, 02:50 PM   #2405
Sobble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Up until recently I was still seeing the 2012 fruit snacks too. Recently though it seems the 'Rise' ones have started to replace them.

I've tried the new ones... Flavor-wise they're good and pretty much the same deal of course. The molds seem to be kind of terrible and in many cases it is difficult to even make out a character's face.

Weirdly they chose to make Draxum yellow, not April. Her's is green.... I guess because of her jacket? Seems like an odd choice though, given that Draxum has no real reason to be yellow instead of her, yet he does work with the green mutagen however as a major character thing so that might have made more sense.

Now ice cream... that I have not seen. (But that green ice cream could have been something more interesting than just vanilla!) I have however seen TWO kids frozen chicken nugget dinners though, which look like they're kind of the same meal but the nuggets are shaped differently between them.

And has anyone seen... I think it was called Grass Heads? Last time I was in Target I was just browsing the snack aisle and I came across a 'Rise' Donnie one that someone just randomly discarded there. I have not seen them anywhere else, not even in that store. As the name implies I guess it's just Donnie's head that sprouts grass seed. Why, just why. lol

Side note, only one of the stores I stock for my job (greeting card company) has a TMNT birthday card option, but it's 2012 and I do still get it in now and then. I dunno if maybe it's just remaining stock they're sending, but I have not seen any 'Rise' replacement for it. Curious to see if 2012 remains the one they continue to use instead of changing it.

edit: I recently commented via Twitter, to both Hostess AND Tastykake, since they make an identical type of pie (plus Tasty has a more recent relationship with TMNT having done a new product tie-in promo for the last movie), about bringing back the Turtle pies but was ignored... (Not that failing to acknowledge things isn't common practice for legal reasons sometimes if a company does have plans or considers it.)
Also about the 2k12 birthday card things still being available I have seen rise Valentine's greetings cards so there's a possibility that rise birthday cards can come (I THINK THEY ARE SLOWLY RELASEING MERCH)

Also if you want to hear worse my local UNITED POSTAL OFFICE or whatever it's called still has a ultimate spider Man greetings card (BIRTHDAY I THINK) a show that ended back in January 2017 (I REPEAT JANUARY 2017)
Old 05-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #2406
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Wow, that is an old card.

I stock cards at a local postal office too, so maybe it's like us and it is a person from the card company that does it and they just don't realize that card it really old? Unless the company itself has not discontinued that one for some reason so it just stays there. Forever.

I will be sad if/when they discontinue this 2012 TMNT b-day card. That would mean they'd have to be thrown out if there are any left, which I'd be sad to have to do... but in that case I might just quietly keep one for posterity when that day comes.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:55 PM   #2407
Sobble
Banned

Quote:
lol Wow, that is an old card.

I stock cards at a local postal office too, so maybe it's like us and it is a person from the card company that does it and they just don't realize that card it really old? Unless the company itself has not discontinued that one for some reason so it just stays there. Forever.

I will be sad if/when they discontinue this 2012 TMNT b-day card. That would mean they'd have to be thrown out if there are any left, which I'd be sad to have to do... but in that case I might just quietly keep one for posterity when that day comes.
There's like a lot of 2k12 merch is still on stock

At five below I got Mikey's monster and imange it create it today

I whould be sad if they all disappeared (AND NO THIS ISNT A JOKE)
Old 05-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #2408
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobble View Post
Also I have seen the ice cream

I wish it was mint
Pizza flavored ice cream or I'm not bothering
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:36 PM   #2409
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh god, that sounds like it would taste slightly like barf.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:51 PM   #2410
Sobble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Pizza flavored ice cream or I'm not bothering
How bout pineapple pizza ice cream

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #2411
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Oh god, that sounds like it would taste slightly like barf.
Cuh-LASSY.

You're alright, you.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #2412
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol I try.

Grabbed these from Dollar Tree recently. After those things have been of the 2012 variety for years I was surprised to see some that were trying to aim for the original cartoon. Trying. They kinda missed. BUT I still got them, and am sharing, because I really kind of like that they look like the '87 bunch as young adults.

Wouldn't mind seeing that Leo art on a tee.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:03 PM   #2413
Sobble
Banned

Talking

Quote:
lol I try.

Grabbed these from Dollar Tree recently. After those things have been of the 2012 variety for years I was surprised to see some that were trying to aim for the original cartoon. Trying. They kinda missed. BUT I still got them, and am sharing, because I really kind of like that they look like the '87 bunch as young adults.

Wouldn't mind seeing that Leo art on a tee.

https://i.imgur.com/qxwZccE.jpg
I love that leo art
Old 05-29-2019, 07:02 PM   #2414
Sobble
Banned

This exists and no this isn't Photoshop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15591779690795843448198954218046.jpg (97.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-10-2019, 02:24 AM   #2415
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Wasn't sure where exactly to post this, but this seemed like the most appropriate thread after a bit of browsing, so apologies if this isn't really the place for this. Anyway, I just got back from OMGcon, a convention that me and my Sister hit every year and I actually ended up with some TMNT goodies from it this time around! First, my best find/purchase:

Yep, Nintendo Power Volume 6, the original TMNT NES cover story, in really good condition for only 10 bucks! I NEVER come across vintage Nintendo Power issues in the wild, so this was the coolest thing ever to unexpectedly find. I also contemplated picking up the Mario Paint issue from the same stand, but I only purchased based on cover art and didn't find out Turtles in Time was covered in that particular issue until later. (By that time, the selection was pretty much picked clean when I checked the stand again. Though, they somehow still had the original Ninja Gaiden issue.)

I also got Michael Sinterniklaas to sign my TMNT Ultimate Visual History! (Specifically the Big Brawl script reproduction.) Dude was awesome, being really impressed by the Visual History itself and was pleasantly surprised when I brought up his Leo reprisal from MAD. (He also talked about recently meeting Seth Green and discussing their Leo-laden past when he was flipping through the book.) Needless to say, my first TMNT-related autograph not only being from someone from my favorite animated incarnation, but also my favorite Leo voice period made me very happy.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:18 AM   #2416
Powder
So tired of this place

Awesome, sounds like a good time. I met Mike at NYCC in 2010 & had a similar experience, he was super friendly & excitable, very clearly passionate about his time on turtles & the fans who followed it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:08 AM   #2417
youhavemysupport
Thug

What are these things "officially" called?

I had Don back in the day, tempted to hunt down all four.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mikewall.jpg (19.6 KB, 23 views)
youhavemysupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:24 AM   #2418
Shortfuse
Foot Soldier

I don't know, but I've got two - one of Raphael surfing and a bigger one of Raphael and Donatello.

Shortfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:09 AM   #2419
youhavemysupport
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortfuse View Post
I don't know, but I've got two - one of Raphael surfing and a bigger one of Raphael and Donatello.
Nice! TMHT?
youhavemysupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:38 AM   #2420
Shortfuse
Foot Soldier

Yep...

Shortfuse is offline   Reply With Quote