The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #61
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier
 
bmxbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 203
Couldn't wait to run back to these forums to see what everyone else thought. Seems like it has been too long since there was anything positive to speak on.

This adaptation was amazing! It was the perfect combo for me of enough genuinely funny and light hearted moments mixed with serious bad ass fight scenes. All the little easter eggs were great too! Looks like the folks who created this movie have a real passion and understanding of the source material.

I will definitely be filling out the survey insert that came with the Blu-ray giving it a rave review in hopes for a sequel!
__________________
into cars in the NC area? check out...
http://www.chaoscarclub.com
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #62
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,014
This is my 2,000th post here on Technodrome Forums, so it's very fitting that I share my thoughts on this epic crossover. When I first heard about this movie, the Kindergartner I was 25 years ago had come back and freaked out. Batman, Robin, Batgirl and the Turtles were my favorite superheroes as a little boy along with the Power Rangers. This crossover was miles better than the one that Saban's versions of the Turtles had with the heroes from Power Rangers in Space.

The personalities of the four brothers were very faithful to previous source material. Barbara Gordon/Batgirl also brought some great girl-power to the battle and I liked her chemistry with Donnie. I liked how Batman learned a valuable lesson about teamwork and family from Raph. Leo also became a better fighter thanks to Batman. Mikey's bond with Alfred was funny. It would've been nice to know which Robin was in this movie. I wasn't sure if it was Dick Grayson because the one I grew up with saw Batman more as a guardian than a dad. Robin called Batman, "father" and that didn't give a definitive answer. The villains were also entertaining and bad to the bone. This is definitely a must-own for both Batman and TMNT fans.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #63
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Is it wrong that I didn't want to see Batman beat Shredder in their first fight? Team turtles! Obviously I don't want the side to win though.
Should Shredder have been better against Batman?
Likewise. I'd normally never want Shredder to win and I was trying to root for Batman, but...but...I felt strangely torn over that scene. The fight I never knew I wanted to see. The 2007 Leo/Raph fight pales in comparison!




This movie definitely has brought back that urge to want to see more; that hasn't happened since 2012 wrapped up. Nice to feel that again for a TMNT thing. Hope they come through with a sequel. No survey included with the basic DVD from Walmart though.. Hope those with them do fill 'em out.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-06-2019 at 08:51 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:56 AM   #64
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
This is my 2,000th post here on Technodrome Forums, so it's very fitting that I share my thoughts on this epic crossover. When I first heard about this movie, the Kindergartner I was 25 years ago had come back and freaked out. Batman, Robin, Batgirl and the Turtles were my favorite superheroes as a little boy along with the Power Rangers. This crossover was miles better than the one that Saban's versions of the Turtles had with the heroes from Power Rangers in Space.

The personalities of the four brothers were very faithful to previous source material. Barbara Gordon/Batgirl also brought some great girl-power to the battle and I liked her chemistry with Donnie. I liked how Batman learned a valuable lesson about teamwork and family from Raph. Leo also became a better fighter thanks to Batman. Mikey's bond with Alfred was funny. It would've been nice to know which Robin was in this movie. I wasn't sure if it was Dick Grayson because the one I grew up with saw Batman more as a guardian than a dad. Robin called Batman, "father" and that didn't give a definitive answer. The villains were also entertaining and bad to the bone. This is definitely a must-own for both Batman and TMNT fans.
This robin was Damian Wayne. It wasn't revealed in dialogue or the credits, but this Robin does regard Batman the way he would a father. Because Batman is his father...which would also mean his grandpa was kicked in the nads by Leonardo.

If there is a sequel they could probably bring in Tim Drake as Nightwing, particularly since that after credits scene hinted the Shredder has become the "Laughing Man" from the cross over comic.

On the whole, I loved this story and I have no real complaints aside from the voice given to Raph sounded too young to work for a sixteen-year-old Raphael.

I would have liked to have seen Ra's al Ghul approaching the Shredder or vice versa rather than having it begin with the two of them joining forces. Still as a fan who has grown up watching Ninja Turtles and has wondered what a less kid-centered storyline could go, this film proves that the Turtles can be created for a mature audience.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #65
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Likewise. I'd normally never want Shredder to win and I was trying to root for Batman, but...but...I felt strangely torn over that scene. The fight I never knew I wanted to see. The 2007 Leo/Raph fight pales in comparison!




This movie definitely has brought back that urge to want to see more; that hasn't happened since 2012 wrapped up. Nice to feel that again for a TMNT thing. Hope they come through with a sequel. No survey included with the basic DVD from Walmart though.. Hope those with them do fill 'em out.
The survey honestly felt like it was focused more on wat future dc content should be made, big surprise and the formats 2 make it on. But there was a question in there about which dc characters would be interesting 2 see in a future crossover though no idea if it'll be another mix-up like this....
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:47 AM   #66
ABrown
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,430
I picked up the blu ray/dvd/digital combo pack. I love getting those now, when something gets released. You're basically getting three copies for just over the price of one. I enjoyed it. The 2007 TMNT movie is still my favorite animated TMNT movie ever created, but this was good. I love Troy Baker's Joker. He sounds exactly like Mark Hamill.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #67
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 572
Just finished it after waiting for the bluray.Thought I'd come here to give my thoughts but I guess it turned into a mini review.
I was a little skeptical going in even having read the comic. This being a DC project and all I was expecting the tmnt to be marginalized but I actually really like the way they were handled. I also really like that even though it pulled from the comic theychanged/added just enough that it could be it's own new story. It has its issues for sure. Like the way mutation works here isn't really explained well and the random t-rex foot soldier that came out of nowhere doesn't make much sense on any level.Overall though I liked more about this than I didnt. I feel like things were balanced well, and everyone in the main cast got cool character moments. This version of Baxter actually got a couple of laughs out of me which I didnt expect.
Speaking of Baxter seeing him as a fly and this being a main stream thing featuring the turtles I was worried they might go overboard with the 87 references but I'm happy that wasnt the case. There's some nods and Easter eggs but like putting batman in the grey and blue it seems more about paying tribute to a classic than pandering.plus there's other stuff here that really gives you a sense these guys care about both sets of characters and thier history. The credits are a standout and the name they give shredders new super move is a pretty deep cut from turtles lore.
My favorite part of this was the fight scenes. Seems like they really went out of thier way to emphasize the martial arts aspect of this in a way the recent live action movies should be ashamed of. This is the kind of stuff I really hope we get more of in the future.Particularly great was shredder vs batman. I'm glad they didnt just go all in on making batman superior but actually showed them as being on par with each other even giving old shredhead a slight edge.i like the final fight between the two here more than in the comic because they didn't resort to putting bats in a battle suit to win.
I guess I should also mention the violence. I wasn't expecting there to be any blood in this at even though I knew blood was spilled in the comic. Shredder and Ras take it to a whole new level though. Now I dont really think a story needs that to be considered mature but funny as it is to say it's kind of nice to see. You get so used to tmnt being seen as this solely kid friendly thing that is refreshing to see them take part in an animated story where the villains pose a serious enough threat that people die in an explicit way. Thats something you never really to see outside of the comics so I appreciate it here. I really hope if nothing else this whole crossover thing shows Viacom that there's an audience out there for turtle content aimed at an older demographic.

Last edited by slingtheory; 06-09-2019 at 07:04 PM.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #68
King Kahn
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 158
I loved it. It was a lot of fun and I def want a sequel. I really loved the awesome fake comic covers at the end as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Am I wrong to be surprised at how little discussion this garnered? I knew this place wasn't very populated these days, but this seems like a semi-noteworthy event for the TMNT compared to the amount of talk on here.
eh, most people, myself included, gravitate towards TMNT or other fan groups on facebook etc. I have gone less and less to actual message boards anymore.
__________________
signiture line?! SIGNATURE LINE!!! I need no signature line!!!
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:23 PM   #69
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
My favorite part of this was the fight scenes. Seems like they really went out of thier way to emphasize the martial arts aspect of this in a way the recent live action movies should be ashamed of.
Especially since it takes a lot longer to create it in 2D animation than it does to record actors/stunt guys doing it! It really does put those films to shame. On top of the obvious care given that Bay & Co. on the other hand could hardly be bothered with.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:16 PM   #70
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,832
Bought it yesterday, played it during dinner. LOVED IT! This is what I wish more TMNT movies could be like. Plenty of humor at appropriate moments, and loads of NINJA action. My only (minor) complaints were- Mikey was, as usual, played as a bit of an idiot, and the plot hole regarding the inmates at Arkham. Also- Harley's voice was really grating. I know it was Tara, but she really could have toned it down on the screechy, harshly accented voice. Everyone else was fine, even Raph, whom others seem to have a problem with. But to me he sounded just as a young Raph should.

The artwork was amazing, though the turtles' heads looked a bit odd. But it was nothing I couldn't overlook, and it fit well with the somewhat stylized animation. My favorite part was the battle at the end. Ras al Ghul and Leo, that's all I will say.....
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM   #71
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I picked up the blu ray/dvd/digital combo pack. I love getting those now, when something gets released. You're basically getting three copies for just over the price of one. I enjoyed it. The 2007 TMNT movie is still my favorite animated TMNT movie ever created, but this was good. I love Troy Baker's Joker. He sounds exactly like Mark Hamill.
A shame they couldn't get Kevin Conroy. I wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
On top of the obvious care given that Bay & Co. on the other hand could hardly be bothered with.
It would be wrong to say the PD didn't have any hard work put into them by people behind the scenes but the films lacked competence in the scripts as well as direction. Not for a lack of trying but a lack of skill, making the right decisions.

Last edited by pferreira; Yesterday at 01:01 PM.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:34 AM   #72
Shinigami
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 34
I really tried. It was cool as a what-if fan film, but nothing made and sense and it was really just constant fan service and references. Fun, but not by any means a noteworthy movie in my opinion.
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:01 PM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 10,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
It would be wrong to say the PD didn't have any hard work put into them by people behind the scenes but the films lacked competence in the scripts as well as direction. Not for a lack of trying but a lack of skill, making the right decisions.
Agree, there are unsung people who did to their own jobs well. Notable obvious ones being whoever cast the Turtles' actors and those behind the design, creation, and decoration of both lairs. And vehicles.

I'm sure the sound people, editing, etc all did a fine job, along with the character model artists; they may not be pretty, but they were well made for what PD chose to go with.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.