The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #21
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Let's see, in no particular order...
1-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(1989) For Nes was by far the hardest game I've beaten, excluding Batman for Nes. Loved the music, the levels and the trippy random enemies (flame guy, meiosis-man, and chainsaw guy take the cake). I hate some of the jumps and the hallway of death right before Shredder.

2-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade or part 2 for Nes was pretty fun, both which I have beaten. I liked the Shogun level the best with the foot zombie things.

3-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Manhatten Project was by far the most fun side scroller one. Dirtbag being my favorite villain to shell shock.

4-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time on both the Arcade and Snes were fun, I like the Snes one better, although it seemed a bit short to me.

5-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist was kind of a Turtles in Time clone, although I think it plays a lot smoother and is a bit harder.

6-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the footclan was fun to play if you had half an hour to kill.

7-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Radical Rescue is probably the best TMNT Gameboy game IMO, for the simplefact that it was not only difficult, but each turtle had to be utilized to get to certain areas and rescue your allies, even if the boss fights were few and far in between.

8-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tournament fighters(Genesis) Is by far the cheapest game on this list. The best thing about it was taunting and seeing an instant replay of your defeat or success. The 3 bosses were either really easy, or impossible. I've only ever passed it with April using only the slide kick and suplex. It wasn't as good as the Snes in my opinion.

9-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(2003) GBA Pretty fun game, love the fact that each TMNT gets different levels and bosses. The final level with the Elite Gaurds, Hun and SHredder is my fave

10-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Battle Nexus(PS2) Kind of cool to sift through each turtle. Playing with a friend was a hit or miss, depending on how much your buddy sucked. The camera was your worst enemy, and fighting against Usagi and Unlocking the original arcade game(albeit with terrible music) was pretty awesome.

11-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Battle Nexus(GBA) It was nice to actually be a ninja for once and use guerilla tactics to take out foes and find your weapons, but after the 6th world of having to do this it got kind of tedious, I did enjoy the battles mode and boss fights though.

12-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3(Mutant Nightmare PS2) Much of the same in terms of gameplay and enemies, it was cool to have computer operated TMNT to back you up but sometimes they also took much needed pizza and drinks. Unlocking Turtles in Time was cool too.

13-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash Up. What could I say that hasn't been said? Roster sucked, movesets were fairly limited as were the stages. But it's not a bad game overall IMO, it's fun to play with a few buddies, just like Smash Brothers. Plus I always get a kick seeing enemies get eaten by that damn crocodile (or is it an alligator?)

The best TMNT game that I never completed was Manhatten Missions. truly underrated game.
Sorry about that little rant there, I think I went overboard.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Question: How do throw foot soldiers at Shredder in the Technodrome? I tried it on the link and killed 140 robots before I died and only hit him by luck three times.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
Question: How do throw foot soldiers at Shredder in the Technodrome? I tried it on the link and killed 140 robots before I died and only hit him by luck three times.
Ram or run into the Foot Soldier and press the attack button as you connect against him. Usually, the controller will interpret as "Throw at screen," though, it may also knock the Soldier down if you don't press the attack button at the right time. It works even against the tonfa Soldiers, as you'll be dealing with them in Hard mode against Shredder. Besides, throwing at the screen gets the most points per Soldier (3), so I do it a lot, anyway.

Hope that helps, as the throwing techinque isn't as hard, once you master the ram technique first.

Last edited by Killer Moth; 04-02-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #24
Slade
god status

Well, I've only played 3 turtle games my entire life. One was for the Nintendo, but I was so young I barley got past about the third level. I did beat Turtles in Time for the Super when I was about 8. Took a few tries.

Now the one game I owned on the SNES was Tournament Fighters. I beat that game so many times. Hardest thing to me was fighting Karai and having the speed and the difficulty all the way up. My main was Raph. I'm actually going to have to go find that game at my mom's house.

I could look it up, but I never figured out how to accurately do Leo's front flip sword slash move..still don't know how to this day.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #25
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I played TMNT 2: The Arcade Game with my bro at Chuckie Cheese. It took awhile, but we were finally able to take down Shredder. We had a lot of fun playing that game. Also beat Turtles in Time on medium mode.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #26
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I beat Turtles In Time off the SNES virtural simular this morning. In the arcade version Krang in Neon Night Riders gave me a fit but was pretty easy if I am able to get out of the way the swift kick. Super Shredder was surprsingly easy to beat if with that cheap trick that takes a full life. He was much hearder in the arcade game. The hardest part was beating Shredder when throwing foot soliders at him is the name of the game and Slash with his blocking technique. Pure fun! I have played the arcade game several times and beat it but its been years since I played the superior SNES version since I never have owned a SNES.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #27
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Hey if youre still having trouble throwing the foot soldiers at Shredder in Turtles in Time, try this:
Hit them with a normal strength attack once so they kind of bend over and stop moving for a second. Then while they are hunched over press and hold the attack button again. This will result in either the back and forth smash or the flip throw up to the screen.

I hope you know what i mean, its kind of hard to describe. But playing on the snes i can get through that boss level by throwing practically every foot soldier i come in contact with using this strategy. Hope it helps

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior

I just remembered a story from long ago.

Years ago, my friend would come along with my family and i and we'd go to florida to see some friends of my folks.

Anyways, that's not the point of the story.

On the last day...my friend and I would go to a holiday inn with my folks' friend and after breakfast, we'd play at the arcade.

At the arcade, they had Ninja Turtles Turtles in Time! We played it (my friend and i) but could not get past the Prehistoric Turtlesaurus level.

Ah memories.

P.S: That game (Ninja Turtles Turtles in Time) had more of those yellow foot soldiers with the green boomerang-things. I HATED that type of the Foot.

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #29
Memphis
Stone Warrior

The only turtles game I haven't beaten yet is tournament fighters. Snes and genesis. The stupid ridiculous difficulty will haunt my dreams forever...

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #30
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I remeber beating Hyperstone Heist awhile back.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The game was fun even if short but I loved the Guantlet level at the end. The biggest complaint is why have Rocksteady and not Bebop?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #32
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
The biggest complaint is why have Rocksteady and not Bebop?
I was wondering the same thing. Fighting Rocksteady, I was thinking to myself, 'Where the heck is that crazy mutant warthog'? But I was actually kinda glad he didn't show, when playing Turtles in Time and fighting them both, it took me forever to beat them. I had to call my brother to help.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #33
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Fighting Rocksteady, I was thinking to myself, 'Where the heck is that crazy mutant warthog'? But I was actually kinda glad he didn't show, when playing Turtles in Time and fighting them both, it took me forever to beat them. I had to call my brother to help.
Slash is the headache. I found them easy to beat. Last week when I played it on the simulator I hit Rocksteady 3/4ths of the time and both were beaten when Rocksteady fell. The hardest boss I ever faced was Super Shredder in the Arcade version. If it was not for the life draining shot the SNES version would be almost easy.

I forget that a new generation has not had much exposure to Bebop and Rocksteady. They are cult favorites but were denied exposure due to Laird. Would you like to get to know these two through future use or have them confined to one version?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #34
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Slash is the headache. I found them easy to beat. Last week when I played it on the simulator I hit Rocksteady 3/4ths of the time and both were beaten when Rocksteady fell. The hardest boss I ever faced was Super Shredder in the Arcade version. If it was not for the life draining shot the SNES version would be almost easy.

I forget that a new generation has not had much exposure to Bebop and Rocksteady. They are cult favorites but were denied exposure due to Laird. Would you like to get to know these two through future use or have them confined to one version?
Oy, Slash, yeah I remember that level. Took longer then Bebop & Rocksteady, but then again, it was easier to beat them in Normal mode than hard.

I belive they could make a comeback, Eastman did so with them in the new comics. Make them like they were in the OT mini-series, and BAM, you got some pretty awesome Hench Mutants.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #35
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Question 1. Any chance of Manhattan Project being uploaded on the Virtural NES?

Question 2. What is the hardest TMNT game to beat? I would say Ninja Turtles (1989) for Nintendo. The very first was also the hardest one to beat.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #36
Icebot
Foot Elite

I beat TMNT 2 The Arcade Game, Turtles In Time, TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan for Game Boy, TMNT 1 and 2 (Battle Nexus) for Game Boy Advance, TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare for Nintendo DS, and TMNT 1, 2 and 3 for Gamecube.

I also completely won the Battle Nexus in the TMNT 2 Gamecube game.

I could only beat the first TMNT NES game with game genie, never without it. There's no doubt in my mind that's the hardest TMNT game that was ever made, especially since that's the only game I can think of that the Angry Video Game Nerd complained about.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #37
Method101
Random Punk

Beat mostly all the Turtles games. The only one that has an asterisk is the first NES Turtles. The ONLY way I beat it was with the emulator and the oh so wonderful SAVE STATE function.....
Method101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #38
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Oh, man....

On record I recall from childhood to present...

TMNT - Beat it as a kid (Did the 99 scrolls for all four turtles thing a magazine told me about)

TMNT: The Arcade - Spent like over $5 to do it as a kid, but I did it.

TMNT II: The Arcade Game - Never got past the Polar Bear boss

TMNT III: The Manhattan Project - Still working on it as I never played it much but got to the third stage so far...

TMNT IV: Turtles in Time - Beat it on Hard once many years ago and it was indeed HARD.

TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade) - Got to the mud monster boss...

TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan - I recall beating it as a kid, but it was so long ago.

TMNT II: Back from the Sewers - Pretty sure I beat it...

TMNT III: Radical Rescue - Never played it. >_>

TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist - Beat it on Easy...way harder than TMNT IV on Hard to me.

Never beat any of the modern stuff nor the Tournament Fighters as they didn't interest me as much sadly...
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #39
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Well I am officially done with school for the summer after 2marrow, I think I will try to beat the first three NES games, I beat Manhattan project, but never beat the 2nd with out cheats and never beat the first one period.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #40
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist - Beat it on Easy...way harder than TMNT IV on Hard to me.
Got a question to ask you: when you played The Hyperstone Heist on Easy: did you get the End credits like one earns on the SNES Ninja turtles on the Hard more.

I've never seen its ending so I thought I would ask.

I too played that game (been a long time).

I think I beat it on Easy once. and that was all. I hated its gameplay

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
personal accomplishment, video games