The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-08-2017, 01:09 AM   #41
newfan
Mad Scientist

I like the turtles having their skills, as some have posted already. Mystical magic is okay if it is discreet, something that they use to compliment their skills rather than be something that makes them, if that makes any sense.
With kids shows having a lot of magic and characters with powers (which works for some shows of course) I just hope they don't make it too much.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:24 PM   #42
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
It's the Dragonball Z for a generation younger than you. People grow up with different things.
I respectfully disagree, Naruto cannot be compared to Dragon Ball in any way, shape, or form. They're two totally different things. I've always disliked Dragon Ball, it's too unrealistic. I'm not saying Naruto is realistic, but the idea that pretty much all Dragon Ball characters are world destroyers disgusts me. That's why no other characters from other universes can be placed with Dragon Ball characters in a battle scenario.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:35 PM   #43
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's being compared as the 'it' thing for a younger generation much like what Dragonball was for a older generation, not for being similar shows (which they kinda are anyway). It's even right there in the post you quoted...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
That's why no other characters from other universes can be placed with Dragon Ball characters in a battle scenario.
Superman and Saitami say hi
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I respectfully disagree, Naruto cannot be compared to Dragon Ball in any way, shape, or form. They're two totally different things. I've always disliked Dragon Ball, it's too unrealistic. I'm not saying Naruto is realistic, but the idea that pretty much all Dragon Ball characters are world destroyers disgusts me.
Dragonball isn't supposed to be realistic. It takes place on a fantasy earth with talking animals, dinosaurs, and people who can jump into the air and shoot energy beams from their hands. Akira Toriyama is a master storyteller and the original Dragonball manga became a smash hit for a reason. The anime is bogged down with filler during the fights but the manga doesn't have that problem.

Also even though everyone in Dragonball can destroy planets after a point, it doesn't really matter. Characters control their power levels so they don't accidentally blow up the planet they're on. There's actually good story telling all throughout the series and most of the main cast are likeable and enjoyable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Ninja magic" like that in the opening scene of "Ninja Assassin" would be pretty cool.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:42 PM   #47
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That was such an awesome movie. I think if they toned down the bloodshed a bit it could work for TMNT too.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:47 PM   #48
dragonside
Hench Mutant

i like the ninja magic actually.

Given the mythology in Japan, we saw some of that in the battle nexus season in TMNT 2K3 and then also blown out of the sky with the ninja tribunal.

I think it gives TMNT variety, having magic & science fiction exist. Its great in terms of building a diverse universe.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:47 PM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
That was such an awesome movie. I think if they toned down the bloodshed a bit it could work for TMNT too.
I remember not liking the ending very much but it was a lot of fun.

Quote:
I think it gives TMNT variety, having magic & science fiction exist. Its great in terms of building a diverse universe.
It's one thing if magic exists (I don't think there's any TMNT universe where it doesn't), it's another if the TMNT are actively using it themselves.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #50
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm fine with the turtles facing off against magical beings and using their ninja skills to overcome impossible odds but not the turtles using magic themselves, atleast not excessively.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:15 PM   #51
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

If the Turtles don't get their letters to Hogwarts in the first episode of the new show I am going to unleash my fury like the power of a thousand suns
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #52
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
If the Turtles don't get their letters to Hogwarts in the first episode of the new show I am going to unleash my fury like the power of a thousand suns
Okay, lets just skip the next series and do the Hogwarts one instead. (Because now I want to know which house(?) they fit in, etc. lol)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:45 PM   #53
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Donatello

So, Donatello would question his owns abilities?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #54
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Plus, I'm sure seeing the TMNT transform into big dudes with new powers weirded out a lot of folks.
I imagine any new versions that try that kind of stuff would receive about the same response.
See why people didn't respond to the mutations in the Red Sky era of the FW cartoon very well.

Quote:
Are you going to use the Force?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #55
miru
Mad Scientist

A good idea could be that there's an enemy force who are overly reliant on jutsu, and the cast must try and prove that their Ninja skill beats their jutsu.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panda_cuck_fan, panda_is_not_a_cuck