The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
Bishop123
Banned

Two loose ends: Mutagen Man & April's Mother

It has been confirmed that neither will be addressed in the finale arc. Thus, this will leave the show with two glaring loose ends when it's over: the fates of Timothy/Mutagen Man and April's mom. Granted, these may not be big deals to some, but I know there are some out there who may care about both.

I suppose someone could ask one of the crew members if they had any resolution or fates planned for either, or one of them could tell us on their own. Until then though, I guess we can use this topic to speculate what happened to either of them (and in April's mom's case, backstory), or guess why they were never given onscreen closures, whether it had been behind the scenes problems or them just not knowing what to do with either.

In regards to Mutagen Man, Donnie did say in The Invasion Part 2 that Timothy "would defrost in about 70 years" (assuming that 70 wasn't a rough guess), and since the finale arc takes place only 50 years instead of 70...yeah, there's your explanation of why we won't see Tim again. April's mom is a big question mark though. Regardless of what became of her in the 50 year time skip, we're not going to learn more about her.

And I know you can probably just easily say "well they probably both died off-screen due to the time skip lol", but I'm not sure how satisfying of a conclusion that would be to some.

Last edited by Bishop123; 09-13-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Bishop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

I get the general vibe that this show didn't really plan ahead that much and just left a bunch of loose threads in case they ran out of ideas.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

April's mom (and half-alien origins) really should have been a pretty big focus.

Soooo, I'm just going to declare April's mother as a human who knew about the Kraang & Utroms like Kutzman and agreed to help them by hosting an Utrom hybrid (maybe an Utrom mitochondria?) without informing her husband.

I mean, who's to say April wasn't conceived by IVF? It would be a good way to slip in that alien bit while convincing Kirby that a different mitochondria would protect her from inheriting certain genetic problems from her mother.

Then the Kraang got wind of what happened and tried to turn it to their advantage.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #4
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Or it could be that April's mother didn't exist. There is a thread speculating on that.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:52 PM   #5
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Considering the show's track record, did you honestly expect anything different?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

There's just too much to fit into 3 eps. I always assumed April's mom was killed by the Kraang after experiments (though that means no closure for her) and If they defrosted Mutagen man there would have to be screen time for him.
Apparently there are some loose ends, I'm more concerned with that being the some of the main characters.

Last edited by newfan; 09-14-2017 at 11:10 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:47 AM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Guess it'll be up to fan works to suss that out.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:25 AM   #8
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I agree with Powder on that. I do think April's mom may have died after Kirby and April fled to New York. As for Timothy, he's just done. Maybe they were planning closure for them but after getting word that the show wasn't going to be renewed after season 5, they just decided to skip over it. Yes, it's a shame but we can always use fan fiction to fill in the blanks or make things better.

In one of my stories, I had her mom come back so that she would have that closure of knowing that her mom was okay and I had Tim return too.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #9
Vegita-San
Emperor

just a nother bit of bad planning and writing.

if you wanted to make this show 'bigger and better' than anything that has come before it, tying up loose plot ends the audience is supposed to care about is a big part of that.

Hell, there could have been a whole season with the turtles de mutating all the mutants in the city with the anti mutagen, if they didn't make it such a rare thing to create.

this show just seemed to be a 'spur of the moment cool idea' series with not much future planning beyond basic season premise.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #10
Shark_Blade
Emperor

My eulogy for Timothy:

Mutagen Man is dead, Timothy is dead.

He was an annoying dumbass as a human dragging people down, and a brainless monster attacking people as a mutant.

I never like him. So long poor excuse of a character.

-----

As for April's mom, I maintain my stance that she is a Kraang mutant that had sex with a human. April was born through her tentaculous vagina and has special abilities - among them being immune to mutagen itself.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #11
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
My eulogy for Timothy:

He was an annoying dumbass as a human dragging people down, and a brainless monster attacking people as a mutant.

Quote:
As for April's mom, I maintain my stance that she is a Kraang mutant that had sex with a human. April was born through her tentaculous vagina and has special abilities - among them being immune to mutagen itself.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

...Well...she ought to have been an abnormally large Utrom because...there are so many ways that could have gone badly.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:13 PM   #13
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
My eulogy for Timothy:

not that i don't disagree with the quoted above at least., but you just caused some show creators to go into a rage by posting that ;o)..

Last edited by Vegita-San; 09-14-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #14
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
My eulogy for Timothy:

-----

You're so ****in stupid I can't believe it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #15
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I was working on a fan fic for a while that suggested that April's mother was also a scientist and that she had met Kirby through work, but her field was more in biological sciences. She had gotten the chance to work for the prestigious TCRI doing secret research and as she became more and more obsessed with her research with mutagen she actually used her newborn child as a test subject, becoming more psychologically twisted as time went on. Long story short that was why April was born with the powers she possesses and Kirby had run away with April when he learned what she had done to their child. Also gives some reasoning as to why the guy is so phobic of the Kraang and overprotective of April all the time, etc.

That is just one part of it... I wrote most of it during a bad time in my life and it some aspects of it got pretty grim... I still work on it here and there but it's gotten to be over 100 chapters, but that was my take on April's mom anyway. I also had a gimmick worked in where she had 11 other sisters all named after the other months of the year and they all had different powers, but way more tragic backstories of lives with the Kraang that left them all a bit deranged.

It would have been nice to at least get a little closure on Mutagen Man/Timothy though. I guess we're to assume he was cured with retro-mutagen at some point and it just was never mentioned? Maybe he will get some kind of cameo at the end, even if in just the background of something to suggest Donnie cured him, but I doubt it .

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 09-14-2017 at 03:55 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:12 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Considering the show's track record, did you honestly expect anything different?
Why do you keep posting stuff like this when you don't even watch the show? What track record? Pretty much all the major plotlines and characters have been wrapped up besides these.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:22 PM   #17
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

are you retarded or something what is with you and posting stupid sonic pictures. go back to tumblr you tard.

Quote:
My eulogy for Timothy:

-----

Same goes for you your stupid but not as bad as Papenbrook
Old 09-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #18
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
are you retarded or something what is with you and posting stupid sonic pictures. go back to tumblr you tard.

https://i.imgur.com/8bN11LY.gif

Same goes for you your stupid but not as bad as Papenbrook

Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

So, guys....Brandon Auman just confirmed April's mother is dead. So that settles this loose end. He said it in his reply on instragram, some minor spoilers for the last 3 episodes if you want to look:

Spoiler:
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Doesn't count unless we see it in the show.

The show was cool but far from perfect. I love how season 2 was all about finding the mutagen and it was forgotten about like 3 episodes later.

I also like how they just randomly had April in the lair without showing how she met Splinter.

When are we getting that OT Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady epidode?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed is justice, hi brandon, pappenbrooksonicfetish, sharkbladeweirdness