The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-14-2021, 11:04 PM   #141
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

My two closest AMCs are alive and well, and showing movies. I've been tempted to go back, but not yet. I will definitely go back soon, probably for Black Widow or whatever big movie comes out which you can't watch on HBOMax

Actually, you know what. I think my first "back to the movies" event will be A Quiet Place Part II later this month, really liked the first one. I'm fully vaccinated so I'm good to go.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:06 AM   #142
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I went to a drive-in theater finally today, I saw Promising Young Woman which was a nice film. I've always wanted to go to a drive-in theater and can't believe it took over a year since the pandemic started for me to get to it. Glad I was able to try it, it's a unique experience but nothing extra memorable though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Exactly.

I've avoided every meme stock and have just continued to dutifully reinvest my dividends, although I have allocated to crypto as well. Go YFI go!
I stupidly sold btc at 19k, I still did 6x which was nice but I didn't even take a look at charts to see that the bull run was just beginning. We live in a world of memevesting now for better or worse.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:29 PM   #143
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I can't believe I missed this response!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
So are you not into Blu-ray/DVDs? I mean you don’t watch reruns of your favorites from time to time?

I wanted to see Ghostbusters 3. That was the only movie I wanted to go to the rest of the year. The last 2 movies I saw in theaters were Sonic and Ghostbusters 2016.

There’s plenty of movies I would like to see but I usually end up waiting for home release. It has to be something special for me to go out. It took 20+ years for another GB and then this proper sequel and I’ve always wanted Sonic.

March is not that far away. I doubt there will be a significant improvement by then. I would move GB3 to at least October. Not sure what it would be competing with but it would give more time and it fits well with Halloween.
It depends on the movie for me. I don't really collect movies so much, unless they have some rewatch value for me. I think the last films I saw in theater was Sonic, before that Frozen 2 I think, but neither are films I'd rewatch over and over. It's rare for me for more modern films. Older films, I can do that with.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:13 PM   #144
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
We live in a world of memevesting now for better or worse.
No, no. We live in a world where there's a generation of younger-than-40-something's that are operating that way in the same world where the generation above them is still operating by financial science and dollar cost averaging with faith in the ultimate directions of the markets.

And so far that division is fine as long as the meme investors continue to try to get rich quick with "Robinhood stocks" while the rest of us do the real deal.

Now on that note, crypto right now? Yeesh. But you know what I see? Significant buying op, just like I saw in the market's in April 2020.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:23 AM   #145
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The company seemed to be mighty pleased on May 27.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/amc-ent...it-1234765384/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:38 AM   #146
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Cinemas in Sweden can finally reopen again on 1 June 2021, with 50 persons inside. (They have never been legally closed, but with just eight persons allowed inside during the pandemic, operating them only has become an economic burden, causing them to voluntary close down.)

https://www.svt.se/kultur/filmstaden...sina-biografer
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote