The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-25-2020, 10:42 AM   #81
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
finished reading it. loved it, so happy to see so many back ground characters. thanks sophie for the flower bit with bea. i'm gonna have to get something done with mona and donnie down the road. i already can't wait for 106.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Loved it! Just loved it!

Was expecting a certain shark at the end there for just a moment, but this is just as intriguing.
Thanks you guys!!!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #82
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

I think we're all just gonna have to wait until issue #106 to see how things go once the action starts rolling around. Clearly relationship building, shipping, etc isn't a primary concern of the people here, and probably the general TMNT reader base. Alopex and Raph are one thing, since the two of them have been building (though admittedly not particularly well) throughout most if this continuity's runtime. I'm certainly a fan of the pairing, and am really confused about the "interspecies romance" complaint since the two of them mirror Raph's relationships that he's had in every iteration of TMNT. But Mona/Donny and Jennika hitting on Sheena all in the same issue feels like a bit much and does kinda set the issue into fanfiction territory. A lot of people here were accepting of this "downtime" arc and I think probably wouldn't have complained as much if the COVID delays hadn't extended it far past when it should have been over. But now it's really time to get back to the action and adventure that TMNT is known for. And it's going to be the deciding factor for a lot of people as to whether or not they're gonna stick with the book.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:58 AM   #83
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

As far as TommyT goes, I try to at least be understanding with the guy since we do tend to share political viewpoints, but he came into this thread with a stick up his ass ready to start a fight. And I think people have had enough, so good riddance.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:05 AM   #84
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
It's okay, no worries! No need to apologize. I won't be on the book forever, maybe you'll like the next caretaker/showrunner's work better. TMNT has always been like that, if you don't like it, just wait a bit and there'll be something new.
I am afraid I am with him. However, it is not you. Mutant Town's heavy focus is not doing it for me at all. I have investment in other plots such as Mayor Stockman and what Madame Null may have to do in his tenure,Shredder watching over the Turtles, Leatherhead possessed by Krang. Also, each new direction #1 ,#51, now #101, its a slow start and we have to wait out an arc or two to get things going.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:07 AM   #85
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I am afraid I am with him. However, it is not you. Mutant Town's heavy focus is not doing it for me at all. I have investment in other plots such as Mayor Stockman and what Madame Null may have to do in his tenure,Shredder watching over the Turtles, Leatherhead possessed by Krang. Also, each new direction #1 ,#51, now #101, its a slow start and we have to wait out an arc or two to get things going.
That's fine! I admit I'm not super interested in big plot stuff so you might have to wait a bit for that.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:48 PM   #86
LUIS
Random Punk

While I share a lot of the criticism here, I hope we can see the "future turtles" too, I'm a sucker for Future Turtles stories.
LUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #87
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i was kinda expecting a mutant pepperoni to come through the portal.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #88
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

First and foremost, I think this arc was one of the most beautifully drawn. Ronda and Sophie seem to have really found their stride. The breather did feel okay, the TMNT needed to catch their breaths. This is a new status quo. It felt really like a relaunch of the series, a season two kinda. Raph was on his own, the turtles were finding out how to be a family again, I liked how parallel it was to the beginning of the series. With all introductions, it is just that, an introduction, it is hard to get a concrete feel for characters like Diamond or Bandit. We are still really getting to know Jennika after 50ish issues.

This is adding a whole neighborhood of characters to TMNT lore. As mutated as they are, Sophie is still bringing a lot of humanity to the characters and focusing on giving them more indepth and well rounded personalities (Tom did a great job with this too). I think it is only setting the scene for what is to come. I really dont know what to expect but I do know I want more. I am dreading September when we only get one new TMNT book that month. haha. I love the IDW mythos and I really like the stance that they are growing and exploring a world that looks like our own world. This is New York City, so there are plenty of different cultures and groups and all that. Now, they are mutants too!

Keep up the great work, Sophie. Can't wait to see what the future holds
Spoiler:
(see what I did there?)

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 02:52 PM   #89
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
It's okay, no worries! No need to apologize. I won't be on the book forever, maybe you'll like the next caretaker/showrunner's work better. TMNT has always been like that, if you don't like it, just wait a bit and there'll be something new.
I hope you will be around forever. Your doing a great job. I love the idea for Mutant Town. and I think its here to stay. TMNT needs to go in this direction because I don't want another repeat of the same old stuff. I'm done with all the grounded stuff. I prefer the more fantastical elements. The end of #105 seems to hint at something exciting happening in the future ahead.

Also Donnie and Mona Lisa will surely become the thing in the future. So looking forward to how that relationship develops.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:04 PM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord

I actually like that we're getting away from the same villains who have been around 100 issues already. I mean as of now the idea of both Shredder and Krang being alive again after they both "died" is a bit strange, as we don't know what kind of payoff there will be with them as of now.

I think we should break into new ground, admittedly I do want to see what's up with Leatherhead. But even Koya/Bludgeon have become a bit old, I remember saying they should have died in issue 100.

I think a new direction is very much needed, the first 100 issues feel like the same story and now we have something new.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:45 AM   #91
snake
Disgusting

I hope things continue to slow the f*ck down for the next 5-10 or so issues. The nonstop plots/action of the last, like, 40 mainline issues was starting to be a detriment.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:35 AM   #92
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, I think Tommy deserved the ban. His attitude can be a bit much.

But if you're out there, Tommy, I do hope you come back. I enjoy hearing your perspective.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:28 AM   #93
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Let us just move on talking about the story instead of he who shalt not be named from this point forward.

I think it comes down to the pandemic causing an industry-wide hiatus. If the story is slow paced( for good reason) and it is put on hold it makes it feel like even slower. Also, we are used to getting a couple page teasers of other plots that are B plots before they are pushed front and center as was Tom's style. If you are not as invested in the current plot A then the plot B tease might be something to spike interest. As we move into the third overall direction like the previous two it will take a few issues to sort everything out. Each time the first plot A focus was not interesting to me, but there were other plots waiting that were.

As for Mutant Town remember what Kansas sang? "Nothing last forever because we are all just dust in the wind". Okay, that is harsh. I just really love the bunker under the abandoned church and hate to see the lair abandoned.

We have seen the time scepter in two different mini-series, but here we see a time slip portal. An alternate method? I guess there is more than one way to travel through time in the same iteration.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:41 PM   #94
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

I'm not really feeling much joy reading the last 4 issues anymore, to me it feels like a romance comic aimed at teenage girls and not aimed to boys (and men who grew up with the Turtles). At first i thought "Nice, some chill time to get the people to interact more with eachother" but its just dragging now
It feels the story has stopped, it doesn't go further (until the very last page).

What i would've done:
1- Introduce Lita in issue 101 and give her more screentime (helping the poor and scared together with Alopex)
2- The Ninja Turtles make up in issue 102 at the very end because of Lita because she reminds them of when they were younger and close together. Ofcourse she has to actually do something for the Ninja Turtles to come together (maybe helping them individually with tasks and manipulating them to come to one spot together with the help of Jennika, so they can make up and when they also see Lita as their youngerselves).
3- Splinter Clan will be introduced in 103. Lita makes up the name (with Michaelangelo's help). Future Lita shows up at the end of 103.
4- All this gives Lita so much more connection to the Turtles, not just because she is a turtle herself but she made them get back together and even named their clan. This would give her more impact on the story and her future self more meaning (then again i don't know what she will bring in the comic so maybe she will have a lot of meaning).
5- No more shipping, its just way too much and way too quick, it reads like a fanfiction for girls. Maybe Raphael and Alopex but that is it, and only because they already have a history together.

I do like my slice of life issues and chapters, but this is an action adventure comic so slice of life should always be maybe 1-2 issues, not a complete arc.

I know i'm going to get loads of angry replies and thats fine, its my opinion and opinions should be respected.
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:40 PM   #95
qt.bangerang
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
I'm not really feeling much joy reading the last 4 issues anymore, to me it feels like a romance comic aimed at teenage girls and not aimed to boys (and men who grew up with the Turtles). At first i thought "Nice, some chill time to get the people to interact more with eachother" but its just dragging now
It feels the story has stopped, it doesn't go further (until the very last page).

What i would've done:
1- Introduce Lita in issue 101 and give her more screentime (helping the poor and scared together with Alopex)
2- The Ninja Turtles make up in issue 102 at the very end because of Lita because she reminds them of when they were younger and close together. Ofcourse she has to actually do something for the Ninja Turtles to come together (maybe helping them individually with tasks and manipulating them to come to one spot together with the help of Jennika, so they can make up and when they also see Lita as their youngerselves).
3- Splinter Clan will be introduced in 103. Lita makes up the name (with Michaelangelo's help). Future Lita shows up at the end of 103.
4- All this gives Lita so much more connection to the Turtles, not just because she is a turtle herself but she made them get back together and even named their clan. This would give her more impact on the story and her future self more meaning (then again i don't know what she will bring in the comic so maybe she will have a lot of meaning).
5- No more shipping, its just way too much and way too quick, it reads like a fanfiction for girls. Maybe Raphael and Alopex but that is it, and only because they already have a history together.

I do like my slice of life issues and chapters, but this is an action adventure comic so slice of life should always be maybe 1-2 issues, not a complete arc.

I know i'm going to get loads of angry replies and thats fine, its my opinion and opinions should be respected.
Totally agree. This has turned into romance fan fiction that belongs on deviantart. To bad, but after issue 50 it has been down hill and the bottom has officially been hit.
qt.bangerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:47 PM   #96
AlessandraDC
Thug

Quote:

What i would've done:

Hey! Guess what? The book isn't just for boys and men! There are a lot of different fans reading this, and I for one, am glad that they finally established what the heck is going on with Raph and Alopex. And if there's a sprinkling of romance here and there? It's totally fine with me! It makes the characters feel more fleshed out and not so one-dimensional. Just my opinion
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:01 PM   #97
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Totally agree. This has turned into romance fan fiction that belongs on deviantart. To bad, but after issue 50 it has been down hill and the bottom has officially been hit.
I agree that after Shredder died it felt like the writers just didn't know what to do anymore in most cases.
I still loved the comic though, but it felt... different and in a way i cannot explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandraDC View Post
Hey! Guess what? The book isn't just for boys and men! There are a lot of different fans reading this, and I for one, am glad that they finally established what the heck is going on with Raph and Alopex. And if there's a sprinkling of romance here and there? It's totally fine with me! It makes the characters feel more fleshed out and not so one-dimensional. Just my opinion
No comic or movie is just for one type of people, anyone can pick up whatever they like, but this comic is aimed at boys/men, its the way it is.
Its just a difference between men and women. Men tend to like action over romance in more cases than women liking action over romance.
Romance is fine with me too but not like this... its too much and to fast.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:01 PM   #98
CyberCubed
Overlord

I enjoy the Turtles training new mutants, but I'm surprised all the mutants are just generic background characters instead of notable characters. But they may not be that important going forward. Also it would be nice to see not every animal mutant be so quick to adjust to their new lifestyle, it's only been 6 months since the bomb went off, right? People should be freaking out a bit more if you never thought you would become human again.

Also considering most professional artists get their start these days posting their art on deviantart and tumblr, I don't see why it's a big deal if it reminds you of those places. Most artists post their work on various sites before getting hired professionally.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:03 PM   #99
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandraDC View Post
Yeah. I love what they are doing in the comics. With Raph and Alopex being together officially. I'm curious on how the relationship between Donnie and Mona Lisa is gonna be in the next couple of issues. She is flirting with him and seeing how smart he actually is. She is a physics major. So its cool to see characters who share there love of science.

Quote:
I agree that after Shredder died it felt like the writers just didn't know what to do anymore in most cases.
I still loved the comic though, but it felt... different and in a way i cannot explain.

No comic or movie is just for one type of people, anyone can pick up whatever they like, but this comic is aimed at boys/men, its the way it is.
Its just a difference between men and women. Men tend to like action over romance in more cases than women liking action over romance.
Romance is fine with me too but not like this... its too much and to fast.
I'm a man and enjoying some of the romance. I find all these characters very enduring.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:10 PM   #100
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah. I love what they are doing in the comics. With Raph and Alopex being together officially. I'm curious on how the relationship between Donnie and Mona Lisa is gonna be in the next couple of issues. She is flirting with him and seeing how smart he actually is. She is a physics major. So its cool to see characters who share there love of science.

I'm a man and enjoying some of the romance. I find all these characters very enduring.
I knew this was going to escalate in a "yeah but women/men like this too" type of argument the moment i pressed 'Submit Reply' and i'm already tired of it.
Its a fact men prefer action more than romance, you did not start reading this comic for its romance, you did it for the action (and characters), which is a common male personality trait.

Eh i'm out. Said what i had to anyway.