The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-12-2021, 01:10 PM   #3301
Germ
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Kind of sounds like you're new to this line. So far the only figures to receive a restock in Target are Bebop/Rocksteady, Shredder/Krang, and Metalhead I believe. NECA have also sold a few of the packs directly as well such as Slash/Leatherhead. I'd say there's a good chance they'll eventually release everything through their store, though they've said they won't (they are known to lie from time to time to push sales).

The latest figures to release are Splinter/Baxter and Android Krang, which just hit a couple weeks ago. They are hitting in MUCH greater numbers than anything before so it's possible NECA and Target have finally decided to up their production numbers. I know that my Target has had multiple Splinter sets just sitting there for the past couple of weeks which has never happened before.
yeah i got a late start to this game. Found many splinters and android Krangs everywhere but could never find anything in the stores before that. I bought a couple of things off ebay when i could find reasonable prices. It's good that they are finally fully stocking these and uping the production numbers, but it does us no good for the more popular characters from the older waves. And honestly I'm not interested in anything past wave 4 (so far from what I've seen anyways). It really sucks cus I don't wanna pay 200 dollars for raphael and foot soldier and another 200 for mikey and foot soldier. Blah
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #3302
mikey see
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
yeah i got a late start to this game. Found many splinters and android Krangs everywhere but could never find anything in the stores before that. I bought a couple of things off ebay when i could find reasonable prices. It's good that they are finally fully stocking these and uping the production numbers, but it does us no good for the more popular characters from the older waves. And honestly I'm not interested in anything past wave 4 (so far from what I've seen anyways). It really sucks cus I don't wanna pay 200 dollars for raphael and foot soldier and another 200 for mikey and foot soldier. Blah
Just hang tight, NECA should be rolling out more direct orders this year. And we know the disguised turtles are coming so you should be set for turtles soon. And then there's the ultimate Foot coming as well, so not only can you get a Foot but you'll get one with everything.

Waiting doesn't always pay off but with NECA it's pretty safe to bet you'll get another shot at any given figure.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #3303
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I know, but these are limited releases from Target. There is nowhere else to get most of them after they sell out. The Triceraton and Roadkill Rodney 2-pack were sold to international buyers through the NECA Store a few months back. Unfortunately for Germ, those are sold out.
That's still called the aftermarket, Mikey0. Not the black market where things are illegally traded.

You always strive for specificity in your oddly precise posts, so... you know. Be correct if you are going to be that way.

But other than that, please continue. We like to read what you write.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #3304
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
That's still called the aftermarket, Mikey0. Not the black market where things are illegally traded.

You always strive for specificity in your oddly precise posts, so... you know. Be correct if you are going to be that way.

But other than that, please continue. We like to read what you write.
Thank you for the heads up, IMJ. I made the corrections to my posts.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:45 PM   #3305
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
NECA actually just posted on their Instagram that Traag/Granitor and both Triceraton packs have restocks shipping next week.
Any chance of Slash/Leatherhead being restocked or more being produced like Bebop/Rocksteady?
Old 01-12-2021, 07:47 PM   #3306
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Got the shipping confirmation tonight for Metal Head from NECA.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:09 PM   #3307
Germ
Random Punk

Quote:
Just hang tight, NECA should be rolling out more direct orders this year. And we know the disguised turtles are coming so you should be set for turtles soon. And then there's the ultimate Foot coming as well, so not only can you get a Foot but you'll get one with everything.

Waiting doesn't always pay off but with NECA it's pretty safe to bet you'll get another shot at any given figure.
So what is this ultimate foot (soldier?)? Is he just a single release with a lot more accessories or whats the story? Any links or pics anywhere?

And thanks for the info
Old 01-12-2021, 08:39 PM   #3308
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
So what is this ultimate foot (soldier?)? Is he just a single release with a lot more accessories or whats the story? Any links or pics anywhere?

And thanks for the info
I know I’m not Mikey See, but this information should be helpful:

Picture of the Ultimate Foot Soldier:https://toyhypeusa.com/2020/12/02/ne...timate-figure/

Possible release date [March 2021]: https://www.google.com/amp/s/toy-wiz...on-figure/amp/
Old 01-12-2021, 08:41 PM   #3309
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:

And thanks for the info
He is Alpha-1
The foot soldier so smart, it makes our intellect look inferior
Old 01-13-2021, 11:19 AM   #3310
mikey0
Foot Elite

I’m sure most completists will use the Ultimate Foot Soldier as Alpha-1.

On a side note, I was not expecting there to be as many Foot Soldiers as there are in this line. Completists almost have a chance to be army builders without being army builders. Neat idea.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:35 PM   #3311
mikey see
Hench Mutant

Quote:
NECA actually just posted on their Instagram that Traag/Granitor and both Triceraton packs have restocks shipping next week.
This is awesome news as Zork/Zarax (sp?) are the only figures I'm missing. Thanks NECA!
Old 01-13-2021, 12:45 PM   #3312
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Received my Metal Head from NECA today. That's one down at least.

On another note, Canucktibles has a ton of the new stuff up, available for pre-order now.

A few things about that -

On 11/02 I pre-ordered the Baxter/Splinter, Zarax/Zork & the Rat King/Vernon packs from them. Haven't received any of them yet. That's not a complaint but rather just an observation.

So I can say that the ability to pre-order these is nice. But something to keep in mind is that you are subject to the Canadian/U.S. exchange rate at any give moment you order. The other thing is that I can't vouch for the shipment or received item quality yet because I haven't received anything yet.

I might pre-order again here though. I haven't decided yet.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #3313
mikey see
Hench Mutant

Quote:

On another note, Canucktibles has a ton of the new stuff up, available for pre-order now.

https://i.imgur.com/05gm9njl.jpg
Interesting that Chromedome is $50 while Muckman is $40. I'm guessing Muckman will be the standard Ultimates price of $35 here, so I wonder why Chromedome is more expensive. The size? It is quite a bit bigger than android Krang, right?

edit: well now I'm seeing the prices for the other ultimates is all over the place, so I guess it's just kind of random.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:51 PM   #3314
Y2Josh
Random Punk

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/05gm9njl.jpg

A few things about that -

On 11/02 I pre-ordered the Baxter/Splinter, Zarax/Zork & the Rat King/Vernon packs from them. Haven't received any of them yet. That's not a complaint but rather just an observation.

So I can say that the ability to pre-order these is nice. But something to keep in mind is that you are subject to the Canadian/U.S. exchange rate at any give moment you order. The other thing is that I can't vouch for the shipment or received item quality yet because I haven't received anything yet.

I might pre-order again here though. I haven't decided yet.
I've used them frequently in the past, but skipped Traag and Granitor due to the price jump. I can tell you shipping times are all over the place, but they DO let you cancel all or parts of your order at any time.

As an example, I got April, Casey, Slash and Leatherhead about a month before they were even available here. Meanwhile, Metalhead showed up towards the end of November/beginning of December.

As far as packing goes, they're somewhere between Amazon and those amazing bubble packs that NECA has been doing, which is good enough for me since I open them and toss most of the boxes.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:43 PM   #3315
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Interesting that Chromedome is $50 while Muckman is $40. I'm guessing Muckman will be the standard Ultimates price of $35 here, so I wonder why Chromedome is more expensive. The size? It is quite a bit bigger than android Krang, right?

edit: well now I'm seeing the prices for the other ultimates is all over the place, so I guess it's just kind of random.

As a point, remember that those prices are in Canadian dollars, not USD. But other than that I get your point... basically why aren't they all priced at $40 or whatnot?

Quote:
I've used them frequently in the past, but skipped Traag and Granitor due to the price jump. I can tell you shipping times are all over the place, but they DO let you cancel all or parts of your order at any time.

As an example, I got April, Casey, Slash and Leatherhead about a month before they were even available here. Meanwhile, Metalhead showed up towards the end of November/beginning of December.

As far as packing goes, they're somewhere between Amazon and those amazing bubble packs that NECA has been doing, which is good enough for me since I open them and toss most of the boxes.
Cool..... I guess I'm just in for the wait.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:39 PM   #3316
Germ
Random Punk

Quote:
That is super great news! I cant believe I missed this post yesterday. Hopefully i can find em so I dont have to pay ridiculous ebay prices. Wish we had exact dates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I know I’m not Mikey See, but this information should be helpful:

Picture of the Ultimate Foot Soldier:https://toyhypeusa.com/2020/12/02/ne...timate-figure/

Possible release date [March 2021]: https://www.google.com/amp/s/toy-wiz...on-figure/amp/
Thats awesome! can anyone confirm that he is the same size and mold as the previous released foot soldiers? if thats the case thats awesome we can still get more FS since the others are long gone and way too expensive on the after market. I'm guessing he'll be a single pack around $30-35?
Old 01-13-2021, 03:46 PM   #3317
IMJ
Mad Scientist

Quote:
if thats the case thats awesome we can still get more FS since the others are long gone and way too expensive on the after market
It's ridiculous, isn't it?

NECA makes a Foot Soldier two-pack that had hardly any market proliferation.
But they are now shipping Splinter/Baxter boxes by the caseload. Literally entire cases of Splinter/Baxter.

It's like the epiphanies over the nonsense surrounding the distribution of this line never end.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:11 PM   #3318
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Thats awesome! can anyone confirm that he is the same size and mold as the previous released foot soldiers? if thats the case thats awesome we can still get more FS since the others are long gone and way too expensive on the after market. I'm guessing he'll be a single pack around $30-35?
Unfortunately, we will not see any promotional images for the Ultimate Foot Soldier until possibly next month or March.

In the meantime, you can look at pictures 017, 018, and 019 from the 2020 New York Toy Fair here:
https://news.toyark.com/2020/02/22/t...figures-379549

Alpha-1 is half a head taller than the standard Foot Soldiers that came with Raphael and Michelangelo in 2019. I believe the Ultimate Foot Soldier is the same size as wave 1 Foot Soldiers.
I don’t see why NECA would not use the same mold as the first wave Foot Soldiers for the Ultimate Foot Soldier.

The price for the Ultimate Foot Soldier should be $29.99, but we won’t know for sure until around March. It’s best to check the NECA Instagram page for updates. Promotional images for the Ultimate Foot Soldier will surface around March.

Last edited by mikey0; 01-13-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:37 PM   #3319
Germ
Random Punk

cool thanks for the info. By " half a head taller" are you just referring to the extra robotic head thats popping out of the purple mask, other wise he's the same size with the regular head on ,or do you mean something else?
Old 01-13-2021, 07:15 PM   #3320
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
cool thanks for the info. By " half a head taller" are you just referring to the extra robotic head thats popping out of the purple mask, other wise he's the same size with the regular head on ,or do you mean something else?
You're welcome, and yes, I was referring to the Alpha-1 head (robotic head popping out of the Foot Soldier mask). I believe the Ultimate Foot Soldier with the regular head on should be in scale with wave 1, wave 2, and wave 3 Foot Soldiers, but I do not proof of this.

Last edited by mikey0; 01-13-2021 at 07:42 PM.