The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 11-12-2021, 01:45 PM   #1
IMJ
Emperor

New Justice League!!

Justice League Queer

No joke, DC is publishing a book called "Justice League Queer". Where the Avengers all went and got shawarma, this team will instead wind up at the Baton after hours. Because in clown world, when you are gay the only thing that counts is being represented by a book with "Queer" in the title and to show your gayness. Not humanity, but gayness. That's it.

Congrats, you've been represented once again by being diminished down to nothing but your gayness. Gay people are gay according to comics - so much that we make an all-gay team with "Queer" in the name. Go buy it gay people and whiny leftists! Go buy it!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #2
Sumac
Banned

I am sure Gays of the Homosexual kind would be it all over it and won't see Homophobia in being reduced to only single trait.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:06 PM   #3
Leo656
The Franchise

It is weird how so many queer people talk out both sides of their mouth.

They swear they don't want to be seen as JUST their sexuality, but then they turn around and create and celebrate things like this where their sexuality is the entire point of it.

Like c'mon, pick a side and play it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 12:28 AM   #4
Sumac
Banned

They can't, because, otherwise they will need to admit that:
a) they are like everyone else outside of their sexuality and most people are NOT "special", which means no-one gives a rat's ass who they sleep with and no-one will pat their heads for it and give them additional bonusses and preferences and
b) they already got all rights they wanted, which means all this posturing and pride parades are pointless and basically serve for corporations to flaunt their "wokeness" and demonstrate how their have turned Gays of Homosexual kind into just another set of consumers, like everyone else.

No-one wants to be reduced from being special into being like everyone else, but at some point they WILL need to concede, because, you can't exists in two states at ones. People see through their lies and pity parties and continuing this behavior will only lead to rise of Homophobia, though, maybe, its what they want to feel special again?
Old 11-13-2021, 01:25 AM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

The whole thing about whether or not a person or group is "special" always triggers a bit of an existential crisis in me.

On the one hand, everybody IS unique and special. You're the only You that exists, or ever will. The specific steps taken on the path you walk are yours and yours alone. And nobody else will ever truly "know" you, no matter how close you are with them. From their DNA to the specific things they think and feel, everyone is completely unique from everyone else who ever Has or Will exist.

But on the other hand... pretty much NOTHING that any individual person deals with is in any way unique to them, even when it feels like it is. Anything a person lives through, good or bad, has happened to a billion other people and will happen to billions more, before the heat death of the universe. And we're all pretty insignificant given that the universe is infinite. We're all smaller than the nucleus of an atom in the grand scheme of things.

So it's pretty f*cking crazy. At the same time, everyone IS unique and special... except that we're not. BOTH of those statements are true in equal measure, and that drives me completely f*cking bananas when I'm sitting up late in the dark, like right now.

But anyway... being gay is no big deal, in my opinion. Like literally, I have no problem with it; I mean hell, it probably feels great considering how many people seem to be into it now. BUT it's specifically because I don't see it as any big deal, that things like this bother me. I just don't think it's necessary and I don't think it especially needs to be a Big Huge Deal.

Like "wanting to be seen as no different from anyone else" but also "throwing yourself a parade because of the very thing you swear you don't want to be defined by" is inherently contradictory.

Like unless there are interstitial stories where the members of JLQ are sodomizing each other between fighting bad guys... like WHAT exactly is the point of having a super-hero team that literally screams, "By the way, we're like SUPER gay" right on the cover before you even know what the story's about? How does their gay-ness affect their ability to stop bad guys or save the world? If it's only so younger queer readers have someone to "identify" with, you mean to tell me they can't identify with them singularly, you have to lump them all together in a group AND give that group a completely insipid name like "JLQ"?

Ten years ago that title would be considered incredibly offensive by the same exact people who are loving it right now. Which just goes to show you that even the opinions of the people the book is pandering to shift with the wind.

This MIGHT just be the single most masturbatory, self-congratulatory thing I've ever seen in my entire life. And again, out loud and for the record, I have no problem with gay people in real life OR gay super-heroes or other fictional characters, as a general idea. I just think THIS particular exercise is pretty stupid on its face. For multiple reasons.

It feels like something some gay writer came up with after coming home from a rave and the coke hasn't worn off yet. This is exactly the kind of thing a couple guys in a bathroom stall doing rails would come up with and think was The Best Thing EVAR in that moment, but would laugh about and say "What were we thinking?" after sobering up the next morning. Except for whatever reason, nobody in this case sobered up. That's what it comes off like.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 05:51 PM   #6
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Fun fact: This was made in spite of their being no call for it. There was a poll last year (I think) where DC threw up a bunch of titles and had a bracket where people voted on what they wanted to see...the winner would get their own comic. JLQ was knocked out first round vs a comic centered around all the robins.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:30 PM   #7
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The whole thing about whether or not a person or group is "special" always triggers a bit of an existential crisis in me.

On the one hand, everybody IS unique and special. You're the only You that exists, or ever will. The specific steps taken on the path you walk are yours and yours alone. And nobody else will ever truly "know" you, no matter how close you are with them. From their DNA to the specific things they think and feel, everyone is completely unique from everyone else who ever Has or Will exist.

But on the other hand... pretty much NOTHING that any individual person deals with is in any way unique to them, even when it feels like it is. Anything a person lives through, good or bad, has happened to a billion other people and will happen to billions more, before the heat death of the universe. And we're all pretty insignificant given that the universe is infinite. We're all smaller than the nucleus of an atom in the grand scheme of things.

So it's pretty f*cking crazy. At the same time, everyone IS unique and special... except that we're not. BOTH of those statements are true in equal measure, and that drives me completely f*cking bananas when I'm sitting up late in the dark, like right now.

But anyway... being gay is no big deal, in my opinion. Like literally, I have no problem with it; I mean hell, it probably feels great considering how many people seem to be into it now. BUT it's specifically because I don't see it as any big deal, that things like this bother me. I just don't think it's necessary and I don't think it especially needs to be a Big Huge Deal.

Like "wanting to be seen as no different from anyone else" but also "throwing yourself a parade because of the very thing you swear you don't want to be defined by" is inherently contradictory.

Like unless there are interstitial stories where the members of JLQ are sodomizing each other between fighting bad guys... like WHAT exactly is the point of having a super-hero team that literally screams, "By the way, we're like SUPER gay" right on the cover before you even know what the story's about? How does their gay-ness affect their ability to stop bad guys or save the world? If it's only so younger queer readers have someone to "identify" with, you mean to tell me they can't identify with them singularly, you have to lump them all together in a group AND give that group a completely insipid name like "JLQ"?

Ten years ago that title would be considered incredibly offensive by the same exact people who are loving it right now. Which just goes to show you that even the opinions of the people the book is pandering to shift with the wind.

This MIGHT just be the single most masturbatory, self-congratulatory thing I've ever seen in my entire life. And again, out loud and for the record, I have no problem with gay people in real life OR gay super-heroes or other fictional characters, as a general idea. I just think THIS particular exercise is pretty stupid on its face. For multiple reasons.

It feels like something some gay writer came up with after coming home from a rave and the coke hasn't worn off yet. This is exactly the kind of thing a couple guys in a bathroom stall doing rails would come up with and think was The Best Thing EVAR in that moment, but would laugh about and say "What were we thinking?" after sobering up the next morning. Except for whatever reason, nobody in this case sobered up. That's what it comes off like.
Amazing post.

Though, I'd say give it 2 years, before someone would be offended by it.

And, yeah, the whole point of equality is to be equal with everyone else, which means no throwing parades and not making big deal out of your sexuality. And if that's a Big Deal than don't be offended when some people want to throw Straight Pride Parades. We are equals, remember?

In general, I understand the need to highlight problems, that Gays of Homosexual king encounter and try to celebrate themselves for who they are.

But, it should not become masturbatory experience, where past oppression becomes weapon to manipulate others and sexuality, becomes, sole identifying trait of the diverse group of people. Not only does it mean inequality, but also...stupid.
Old 11-14-2021, 09:14 AM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Another issue is the very existence of JLQ kinda suggests gays aren't allowed in the regular JL and it's other incarnations, so they had to form their own group. Like, is Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn leading this team? Are Superman and Tim Drake in it now?

Another problem is if they decide to borrow Marvel's formula, the book will be all about 'how rough it is to be gay' rather than actually fighting bad guys. They'll be helping others come out to their parents and the like while the regular JL fights Darkseid's ten millionth attempt to destroy Earth.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:29 AM   #9
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Another issue is the very existence of JLQ kinda suggests gays aren't allowed in the regular JL and it's other incarnations, so they had to form their own group. Like, is Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn leading this team? Are Superman and Tim Drake in it now?
A segregation in the name of equality!
It typical method of SJWs - haven't you heard of them saying that those evil Whites shouldn't borrow stuff from Blacks and Asians? Or Straights shouldn't borrow from "wonderful Gay culture" (which is totally not a choice and a lifestyle, even if it has some culture of its own)?

Quote:
Another problem is if they decide to borrow Marvel's formula, the book will be all about 'how rough it is to be gay' rather than actually fighting bad guys. They'll be helping others come out to their parents and the like while the regular JL fights Darkseid's ten millionth attempt to destroy Earth.
But you see - fighting bad parents who don't want to accept your Homosexual Gayality is just as hard, if not harder, than fighting godlike monster trying to take over universe.
And if you think it is not, you are Nazi who wants to kill all Gays. And Trans. And Blacks. Who have nothing to do with it. But still: you. want. to. kill. them. all.
According to SJW, that is.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
A segregation in the name of equality!
It typical method of SJWs - haven't you heard of them saying that those evil Whites shouldn't borrow stuff from Blacks and Asians? Or Straights shouldn't borrow from "wonderful Gay culture" (which is totally not a choice and a lifestyle, even if it has some culture of its own)?

But you see - fighting bad parents who don't want to accept your Homosexual Gayality is just as hard, if not harder, than fighting godlike monster trying to take over universe.
And if you think it is not, you are Nazi who wants to kill all Gays. And Trans. And Blacks. Who have nothing to do with it. But still: you. want. to. kill. them. all.
According to SJW, that is.
That is one thing I noticed SJWs like to do when you try to understand them or reason with them or whatever. You might be the most people-loving, equality-loving person ever, like not one racist bone in your body and they'll still say you have hidden racism or hidden misogyny or whatever that YOU never knew about, but trust them, it's there and they'd love to explain to you how or why.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:05 PM   #11
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
That is one thing I noticed SJWs like to do when you try to understand them or reason with them or whatever. You might be the most people-loving, equality-loving person ever, like not one racist bone in your body and they'll still say you have hidden racism or hidden misogyny or whatever that YOU never knew about, but trust them, it's there and they'd love to explain to you how or why.
They are paranoid imbeciles and zealots.

They demand absolute loyalty and devotion to their ideals.

If you dare to question any aspect of their beliefs or point out hypocrisy and how some of their ideals contradict others - you are an enemy.

If you dare to not to give a **** about their "struggles" - you are an enemy.

If you call for peaceful coexistence with people who have different beliefs (or just dare to not call them "inhuman monsters" at every opportunity, even if those people your own family and friends) - you are an enemy.

You are an enemy that should be exterminated, because, in their warped minds, your personal beliefs are like a virus and can infect other people and therefore you are dangerous by merely existing.

People need to understand: SJWs are much closer to the religious fanatics, cultists, than any political activists. They deal in absolutes and there is no way one can appease them or pacify them.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:35 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Like anything else, if it fails the "if you do the opposite, would that be acceptable as well?" test then it's bullsh**.

i.e., if you made a book called "Justice League Straight."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:40 PM   #13
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Like anything else, if it fails the "if you do the opposite, would that be acceptable as well?" test then it's bullsh**.

i.e., if you made a book called "Justice League Straight."
The beginnings of a good litmus test right there.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote