The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #521
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Hell, the Daily Bugle doesn't even need to exist in this world, does it? Think about it. The only reason they have Spidey pictures is because Peter takes his own pictures. The reason he takes his own pictures is so that he can get some extra cash to support his ailing aunt. May is neither sick nor poor in this iteration, and even if she were then Tony Stark would pay for everything without a second thought.

It doesn't seem like a big deal at first until you realize how fascinating all these Peter/Spidey dynamics are. Peter degrades Spider-Man by selling his own pics to the Bugle - what irony! Flash sneers at Parker but adores Spidey - what irony! May hates Spider-Man but loves Peter with all her heart - what irony!...etc. Lots of interesting character relationships Peter can have that are completely overlooked in this version. The secret identity aspect goes much farther than just "hmm, isn't it interesting that we've never seen Spidey and Peter in the same room?"
Exactly. So many of his problems have been nullified by a few simple character changes. I don't like the changes. They were unneccessary.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #522
Vegita-San
Emperor

I'll probably go see it.

I had no real problem with The amazing Spiderman. Although I skipped part 2 due to all the bad press and reviews. advice to new spiderman : don't diss fans at awards shows..makes you look bad

this one looks OK. I hated how young spiderman was, as kid characters tend to be annoying..but it might just work.

I'm honestly shocked that marvel hasn't struck while sony is at a really low point and just bought back spiderman and Fantastic four at this rate. not like disney doesn't have the money. doesn't make much sense.

I am getting tired of constant reboots though.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #523
AquaParade
Banned

I probably couldn't have loved this movie any more than I did for what it was: A solid Spider-Man rebirth in the MCU. There were a ton of laughs, charming characters, and just a breezy air of fun.

Spider-Man 2 may still be my personal pinnacle of Spider-Man films, but I enjoyed Homecoming more than I expected to. A real pleasant surprise.

Last edited by AquaParade; 07-11-2017 at 05:30 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #524
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Just saw this movie I loved it. I am not a fan of Spidey's suit being like Iron Man's with all the tech crap in it.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #525
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Just saw this movie I loved it. I am not a fan of Spidey's suit being like Iron Man's with all the tech crap in it.
Glad I am not the only one who did not like how over the top the suit was. I feel like it takes away from Peter's own abilities and dumbs down the character.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:12 PM   #526
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Glad I am not the only one who did not like how over the top the suit was. I feel like it takes away from Peter's own abilities and dumbs down the character.
Remember this is the MCU, every piece of Tech the Avengers have been using, has all came from Tony Stark, so it makes since for Tony Stark to provide him a high tech suit.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 07-11-2017 at 07:33 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:30 PM   #527
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Remember this is the MCU, every piece of Tech the Avengers have been using, has all came from Tony Stark, so it makes since for Tony Stark tp provide him a high tech suit.
Except it's never been as overboard as it is with Spider-Man. Like I mentioned before, if Tony had just enhanced his web shooters with all the different combinations, given him the spider-light as well as the spider-tracers, that would have been fine. But a talking A.I., that Back to the Future II self-fitting and self-drying thing, and everything else is too much. You don't see Hawkeye or Black Widow wearing mini Iron Man suits.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #528
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Except it's never been as overboard as it is with Spider-Man. Like I mentioned before, if Tony had just enhanced his web shooters with all the different combinations, given him the spider-light as well as the spider-tracers, that would have been fine. But a talking A.I., that Back to the Future II self-fitting and self-drying thing, and everything else is too much. You don't see Hawkeye or Black Widow wearing mini Iron Man suits.
I love that stuff, I just wonder how the suit can dry without any fans.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:12 AM   #529
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
To each their own I guess. My biggest problem with it was the characters "in name only" aspect. You are absolutely right that Michelle is NOT a replacement for Mary-Jane- but then neither is this version of Flash. Thompson was always that ONE character who treated Peter as a joke, while at the same time fawning like a puppy over Spidey in a huge case of hero-worship; the irony of it being that he had no idea his idol was the guy he constantly stepped on! He's that BMOC who walks all over the little guys Peter strives to protect and aid. That dynamic is missing when they are just rivals on a team- part of their relationship has always been based on the "brains vs brawn" of Peter being super smart while Flash is the athletic star. (And Peter knowing that due to his powers he could benchpress Flash with one hand but he can never let anyone KNOW that he has Flash beat in the brawn category too!) Knee jerk reaction? Hardly. It's more like annoyance that the characters were "updated" without any REAL understanding of WHY they were what they were in the first place!

One poster mentioned Betty and Ned- while I liked the character as written, this removes the characters from the roles they have held in the comics. Betty as an anchor on a high school news channel has lost the connection she had to the Bugle as Jameson's harried assistant, and Ned's situation is much the same. Making them Peter's classmates effectively removes their connections to the wider world they linked him to in the comics. One could say Betty could end up at the Bugle later, but then it would be a step down from her current placement. IE- why woyld she take a job as a low-paid assistant to a prickish editor when she could have a tv news job? Pointless change.
Preach! I don't think the people behind this movie understood the mythos & character dynamics at all. They just changed things for the sake of change. That's why Raimi was the perfect choice. He had a passion for the source material, grew up as a huge Spidey fan.

I kinda enjoyed the movie for what it was but it sucks that coming from Marvel, it's the least faithful interpretation of Spider-Man on film. I would expect the opposite from them. It'd probably rank it below 1, 2 & TASM

Last edited by Leolead; 07-12-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:34 AM   #530
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
this one looks OK. I hated how young spiderman was, as kid characters tend to be annoying..but it might just work.

Tom Holland is 21 years old

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4043618/

And he's supposed to be playing a teenager. And you "hate" how young Spiderman looks? What kind of logic is that?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #531
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Except it's never been as overboard as it is with Spider-Man. Like I mentioned before, if Tony had just enhanced his web shooters with all the different combinations
This is why I wish they'd have just stuck with organic webshooters. Keeps it simple. Organic... literally.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #532
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Seems China delayed its release until about August, same with a few other movies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...lerian-1020258

Spoiler:
The technology dominates Spider-Man's abilities? Talk about disappointing. With each mention of the mythos being fixed greatly,
I grow more and more hesitant to see it.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #533
AquaParade
Banned

I thought the technology in the suit was a bit much, but after seeing the movie, I've been won over.

The suit provided a ton of laughs and charming moments, like the banter with "Karen", the a.i., the malfunctioning eye-lids, or the "interrogation mode". All great laughs that came directly from the suit.

My favorite portrayal of Spider-Man's intellect is when he is able to devise clever ways to defeat his enemies using science and the tools surrounding him.

I don't need my Peter Parker to be a super genius. I want him to be a scientist at heart, but he doesn't need to be on Stark's level at this point. The fact that he makes his own web-fluid is a solid start to portraying his intellect.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:09 PM   #534
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This is why I wish they'd have just stuck with organic webshooters. Keeps it simple. Organic... literally.
If we're really talking natural/organic, the web should be shooting out of his ass.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #535
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I love that SpiderMan's suit has an Instant Kill mode, was pretty funny.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:01 PM   #536
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Best Spidey movie ever!!! I've Seen it two times already!
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #537
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I loved it and planned on seeing it again. My only complaint is lack of Spider Sense. The suit was alright. It mostly talked to him. It wasn't a mech or loaded with guns and 90s shoulder pads and pouches.

It's different but what do you expect? The first movie was comic book accurate to a T, basically replace MJ with Gwen, ditch the organic webshooters and give Goblin a better costume and you're watching a live action comic book. You can't really do a better, more accurate Spider-Man movie without it being a shot per shot remake of the first one. Everything that came after was forced to be different so people wouldn't complain it was the Macguire movie all over again.

That's probably the reason Amazing Spider-Man gave him such an over-complicated origin story. Honestly though, with some tweaking and leaving the origin out, there's no reason Amazing couldn't have just been Spider-Man 4. I mean, we've seen enough Kurt Conners cameos in the first 3, it's about time he became the Lizard.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #538
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
basically replace MJ with Gwen
Ew no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
Best Spidey movie ever!!!
People say this every time to the point it has lost all meaning.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #539
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) > all females in Spiderman history tbh.

Well except hot Aunt May though, she's at the same level.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #540
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

What if Spider-Gwen shows up in the MCU?

Tags
cubedagesquickly, cuck_blade, homecucking, iron man 7, spider-cuck, spider-man