The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #41
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Playmates has nothing to do with the scale of these figures. If ThreeZero wanted to make 6" scale figures, they could as long as they weren't being sold by mass market retailers just as NECA did.
Sort of. Playmates was still the downfall of NECA turtles. The moment NECA wanted to re-release the figures with colored bandanas to recoup their loss in the overseas market, Playmates threw a s**t fit, stopped them, and NECA couldn't afford to continue the line. Playmates has total dominion on 6" scale figures. They just have to be convinced that whatever another company is doing won't hurt their sales. Hence why Mondo and Three Zero are doing large scale to circumvent. And of course, to continue the echo, none of this would be an issue if Playmates was handling the license correctly.
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #42
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

ThreeZero do 1/12th figures as well, afaik it's usually pilots for bigger robots.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:47 PM   #43
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I did the math and if they are based on the 5' ones, then that makes these 10". Still pretty awesome. I want them curious on what the price is.

Youtube channel that talks about TMNT, Gundam, Pumpkin Plants, Finances, G I Joe, Transformers and move: https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #44
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Here is a link to some pics from SDCC
http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/10/sd...s-booth-168248
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:00 AM   #45
Bran The Man
Thug

The designs are okay, but I was also hoping for something different. But who knows? These might turn out to look a little bit better and color. If Sideshow was offering these on their website through flexpay, that's the only way I'd consider picking them up, otherwise they're a likely pass. I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see high end versions collector versions of the Jim Henson turtles?
Bran The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:18 AM   #46
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

TMNT ThreeZero Figures Designed by Kevin Eastman

Toyark has a first look at the ThreeZero figures designed by Kevin Eastman:
http://news.toyark.com/2016/01/08/fi...ed-tmnt-187060

Spoiler:
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:31 AM   #47
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

These look like customs to me. I won't be getting these.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #48
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Already a thread for them
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52676

Not a fan of the designs, and the paintjob on the prototypes is messy and rather dirty looking in a bad way, but reminiscent of ThreeZero's other work I guess.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #49
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Already a thread for them
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52676

Not a fan of the designs, and the paintjob on the prototypes is messy and rather dirty looking in a bad way, but reminiscent of ThreeZero's other work I guess.
Agreed. The flesh on their bodies looks more like a lizard than a turtle. Plus the weird ribbing on Raphael's legs looks really bizarre. Mikey's weird suspenders belt and Donny's whole dome mask, cape, and wrappings... just no. And yeah, they look filthy like they forgot to clean them off for the protoshoot. Happy for anyone who likes them but they're not for me.

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #50
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
Plus the weird ribbing on Raphael's legs
Not that the others wouldn't trigger the same emotion for me but especially Raph with this tiger pattern on the legs reminds me a lot of Kintaro from Mortal Kombat

I wonder what made Kevin Eastmade go that path in regards of looks for those turtles...
Old 01-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #51
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Eesh. Why they ever decided to make these into figures especially with so many more incarnations to choose from out there (that easily trump these designs) is beyond me.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #52
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

No thank you. Almost as bad as the Jim Lee turtle figures, only larger.

Do they do any market research to see what kind of figures people will buy or do they just create anything that pops into their head?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #53
Chris
Mad Scientist

Honestly, if these were being done as high end 6" figures I'd probably be all over them. I think they look good for what they are - Kevin's personal take on the Turtles. The interview Toyark links to is pretty good.

BUT in 1/6 scale I can't even consider them. 1/6 is too expensive a scale for such a niche product (at least for my budget). If these are anything like the movie figure ThreeZero did then they'll be over $200 each or $760 if you get the set of four.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #54
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
Eesh. Why they ever decided to make these into figures especially with so many more incarnations to choose from out there (that easily trump these designs) is beyond me.
Well in this scale Mondo's doing their own, heavily Mirage inspired, line, ThreeZero themselves have already done the new movie figures, DreamEX is doing something that looks to be OT/2K3 based so a lot is being done by other companies. The big ones that no one is doing yet are the classic movie, IDW and Nick. IDW, hate to say it, is probably too niche for this type of line (though certainly less niche than these figures), Nick I'm not sure the demand is there, so that really only leaves the classic film. Really surprised we haven't seen that yet.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #55
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist

As most, I am not enthusiastic about the designs. The Mondo figures are good. For price, size and style, I still prefer the NECA figures hands down..
Old 01-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #56
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Yeah enough with the large scale figures!
I'd probably have some interest in these if they had been 6 inch figures.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #57
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Honestly, if these were being done as high end 6" figures I'd probably be all over them. I think they look good for what they are - Kevin's personal take on the Turtles. The interview Toyark links to is pretty good.

BUT in 1/6 scale I can't even consider them. 1/6 is too expensive a scale for such a niche product (at least for my budget). If these are anything like the movie figure ThreeZero did then they'll be over $200 each or $760 if you get the set of four.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Yeah enough with the large scale figures!
I'd probably have some interest in these if they had been 6 inch figures.
This.

Thanks, Playmates!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #58
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier

At first I was kinda iffy about these but now that I've seen them painted I'm down..I do wish that they were smaller though..
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:24 PM   #59
megatronical
Mouser

I aboslutely love ThreeZero's stuff, the Ashley Wood stuff especially is all awesome. I'd been waffling over a few different things from them and for them to release something Turtles related that's not from the new films should be my dream. I feel like I should be as primary a target as possible for this set but it just doesn't come together for me. Echoing the other sentiments in this thread, I'd probably still be up for them if they weren't all so huge. I plan on getting the mondo set already, and for what these are the price/size will probably keep me away. I do like Leo the best of them though.
megatronical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:59 PM   #60
Ectomane
Random Punk

While I'm not the biggest fan of the figures, I think it's cool that Eastman is getting the chance to experiment with the vision he has had for these designs.

Ectomane is offline   Reply With Quote